The Student Room Group

I want to drop out already?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by disasterfrog
Do you think I should attempt to transfer now, or wait a year?

And thank you for all your advice guys!

There's no sense in wasting a year if you're already IN the uni. You can easily switch courses now, people do it all the time at this point.
Reply 21
Do you think I should attempt to transfer now, or wait a year?

And thank you for all your advice guys!

Depends what you mean by transfer...

Transfer courses, staying at the same university,

or transfer universities?

One will be a lot more complicated process, and is a much bigger change.
Reply 22
I've been at uni for a week now, been to the induction sessions and I don't think my course is for me, I am so miserable here. I want to drop out of uni and reapply somewhere else next year, will this affect my student finance?

I'm feeling EXACTLY the same way, I've finally found a recent post of someone feeling the same. I've been here nearly a week now and EVERYTHING is going wrong for me. It's not just homesickness, its problems with halls and eprsonal problems, problems with my course, all sorts. My main worry is the lagalities of dropping out, I havent yet paid the first rent installment or anything, what happens? I have a place at another uni that I could take up very last minute, will I have to go ahead and pay my first lot of rent or what?
Original post by sarahwright94
did you not pay back accommodation and course fees? i really want to go back to cambridge and study at anglia ruskin next september...being in derby isnt for me in the slightest :/

I had to pay for my accommodation until someone took over my room (about 3 weeks after I left), but I didn't have to pay any course fees as I dropped out before the end of semester 1 and hadn't attended enough lectures to justify any payment.
Reply 24
I dropped out, contacted the uni i wanted to go to and then told my uni I was leaving. Took a few days but I should be starting my new uni tomorrow! No problem with fees, just let student finance know if you leave. :smile:
Reply 25
If you're really sure I think the best advice is to not be scared to take the leap and drop out, you'll hear a lot of cliche answers about how "you'll settle in after a while" or "give it more time" but I felt pretty certain that my Uni wasn't for me before I even went, and after the first week, and after the first month, and after the first term etc. etc. but I didn't do anything about it and now I've just started second year and still wish I had dropped out but I didn't have the guts

Good luck with whatever you end up doing anyway
Falmouth will probably still take you, this is their induction week atm, so you won't miss much either, They have also built new halls so you'll be able to get housing.

What uni are you at now?
Before speaking to your tutors at your current Uni, id call up falmouth admissions ASAP and start the process of applying. Once you have a confirmed offer, withdraw from your current Uni course, you may have to pay slight tuition fees but this will not be much for only a few weeks of teaching.

However I agree with the above, A week is not long enough to know you even like the Uni.
How do you no falmouth will be any different? :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending