The Student Room Group

cancelling student finance deadline?

I’m set to go to uni next month but am having serious second thoughts and panic at the last minute, and may want to drop out and reapply. Can i still cancel my student loan and still be eligible for another one there following year, and if so when by? If i go to uni and don’t like it, and drop out, will I be able to get another student loan?
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by basilpl4nt
I’m set to go to uni next month but am having serious second thoughts and panic at the last minute, and may want to drop out and reapply. Can i still cancel my student loan and still be eligible for another one there following year, and if so when by? If i go to uni and don’t like it, and drop out, will I be able to get another student loan?

Hi there, you can cancel your current application via your online account. As long as your course hasn't already started (if so then we require the university to send us over a 'change of circumstance' to cancel the application). If you cancel this prior to enrolling then it won't affect you applying again. If you start a course then drop out this may affect your previous study depending on how many years you've studied for. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending