The Student Room Group

Help: LBS or Cambridge??

Hello there,
I have to make a decision between LBS MiF or Cambridge MFin.

I would really appreciate if you could help me out deciding between both programs with your experiences and thougths.

Thanks a lot.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by andres.arboleda
Hello there,
I have been around for a couple of months now.
Thanks a lot.

How old r u? a couple of months?

seriously though i would choose university of japanese people of whiushi chang.

Your Welcome
Original post by Revisionrobot
How old r u? a couple of months?

seriously though i would choose university of japanese people of whiushi chang.

Your Welcome

Sorry for mistake. I need some help with this issue. It is not easy to really know how the programs and the universities are regarded when you're not in the UK
Reply 3
Original post by andres.arboleda
Sorry for mistake. I need some help with this issue. It is not easy to really know how the programs and the universities are regarded when you're not in the UK

Ignore the idiots. You're in a great position, two really good options to choose from. Having read your other post - are you planning to go back home afterwards and if so, does Cambridge have wider name recognition there? (That might be a factor in swinging it. I think LBS is higher in the rankings, but some good schools may not be "names" everywhere.) otherwise, I really don't think you can go wrong with either and it might be better to list your personal pros and cons - which course you like better, costs, would you prefer the magic of Cambridge or the bustle of London for a year, etc? - to help you decide. Some unis also offer the option of getting in touch with alumni to talk to them about their experiences; if either of these do that may also be worthwhile.
Original post by sj27
Ignore the idiots. You're in a great position, two really good options to choose from. Having read your other post - are you planning to go back home afterwards and if so, does Cambridge have wider name recognition there? (That might be a factor in swinging it. I think LBS is higher in the rankings, but some good schools may not be "names" everywhere.) otherwise, I really don't think you can go wrong with either and it might be better to list your personal pros and cons - which course you like better, costs, would you prefer the magic of Cambridge or the bustle of London for a year, etc? - to help you decide. Some unis also offer the option of getting in touch with alumni to talk to them about their experiences; if either of these do that may also be worthwhile.

Sorry but I find this post outrageous. How on earth does LBS not have recognition? It is one of the best business schools in the world. I would say take it over Cambridge....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by coastbeats
Sorry but I find this post outrageous. How on earth does LBS not have recognition? It is one of the best business schools in the world. I would say take it over Cambridge....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Uh, when you've stop being outraged, read my post again. I didn't say it didn't have recognition - I asked. You'd be surprised how many really good schools don't have name recognition in certain parts of the world. I have no idea what the situation in Colombia is, which is why I asked.
To settle the argument on the recognition issue, people here know both programs. However, as sj27 implied in his post, there are some countries where people's awareness over some universities may vary to what people think in other parts of the world. The thing is that LBS is well known here, but Cambridge is a huge name everywhere.

To be honest, I guess I would like to have the chance to work in London after graduation. But, I know that the economic environment is not the best right now and I might not get an offer there. So I would be coming back to Colombia.

I've made my pros and cons list and I think I know what I want. I started the thread because I wanted to see people's thoughts and opinions about the programs. Another point of view is always helpful. You sometimes do not see the whole picture!

Thank you all and keep your thoughts coming! They are all well received here!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending