The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

How would we get rid of the monarchy in the UK?

Scroll to see replies

I suspect it would cause much more upheaval than most people expect, and without any real benefit coming from it.
Febuary Revolution
Original post by chapmouse
So i'm all for the royal family here in the UK. They're great.

Royals make up such a huge part of History taught in schools, because they're just so cool. Royal families are a really great discussion point, and they bring in such a huge amount of interest from other countries all over the world.

So why would people want to get rid of them? I'd love to hear people's arguments for and against the royal family.
And if you DO want to get rid of the royal family, how would it happen?
I'm not the biggest history geek, so I'm not really sure how royal families in the past have dissolved (I imagine largely through war) but I don't see how you can just tell a whole bloodline "Hey, enough is enough."

So yeah,
discuss!
Are you saying the poor are inherently stupid ? What about the royals who are inherently inbred ....the poor are disadvantaged in many ways because of the hierarchical and archaic system rigged by the rich . The tyranny of such powers will inevitably fail one day because people will rise up and overcome those who have suffered under such regimes....the revolution will one day come and the edifice of a colonial past onto which royalty holds onto will again fall . The poor are far from uneducated you ignorant redneck .

Latest

Trending

Trending