The Student Room Group

which one to choose:Oxford or HKU+Oxford??

hey guys!I'm from mainland,China, and it's my first time to show up here:smile: :smile:I've got two admission offers for summer school ,2013,and the period covered are collided with each other.

The first one is Oxford experience, the subject focuses on 'the philosophy of emotion' taugyht by Rachel Paine in forms of 5-day seminars,"exploringour emotions from a range of perspectives: their neurological character, their socially-constructed character, their evolutionary functions, and the ways in which art elicits emotions in us".

:smile:NO ACCOMODATION provided,so I have to find it on my own,it's gonna be my first travel abroad all by myself without anyone to accompany......

HKU summer school is called "Effective English summer programme"Course structure:
The series consists of three components:
Part A - a 2-week programme - Faculty of Arts, the University of Hong Kong
Course 1: English Discussion Skills: Critical Discussions on China
Course 2: English for Effective Communication: Business Simulations and Negotiation
These advanced speaking skills courses provide students with the opportunity to enhance their competency in the English language at a tertiary level while experiencing the unique multicultural environment of the University of Hong Kong. In addition to taking two credit-bearing courses, students will be invited to participate in a range of social activities through which they will discover one of Asia's most exciting cities.
Part B: a 1 week programme - Hertford College, the University of Oxford
The one-week programme at Hertford College, part of the University of Oxford is an integral part of the HKU programme. After studying for two weeks at HKU, students will be given the opportunity to demonstrate hands-on practice in the UK. Presentation skills and English writing skills will be enhanced through immersion in British culture. Students will experience the college culture of Hertford College, the University of Oxford and enjoy the scholastic atmosphere of the city of Oxford.

:smile:ACCOMODATION IS PROVIDED here along with fieldtrips.

:rolleyes: I'm junior university student,and I'm planning on

studying in the UK one year later ,so I'm wondering how possible could it be to get a reference letter from tutors in your Summer School?
And does it really count when competing with competing with your peers as postgraduate candidate ?

:smile::smile:Basicly,I just want some suggestions to help me out of this choice anxiety :s-smilie:
ohhhhh right! I major in Chinese literature ,grab some Deutsch :wink:
OR if you have a room to share with me during summer break in GB ......

PLEASE!!!!!!HELP ME!!!

Reply 1
Original post by olivialsq
hey guys!I'm from mainland,China, and it's my first time to show up here:smile: :smile:I've got two admission offers for summer school ,2013,and the period covered are collided with each other.

The first one is Oxford experience, the subject focuses on 'the philosophy of emotion' taugyht by Rachel Paine in forms of 5-day seminars,"exploringour emotions from a range of perspectives: their neurological character, their socially-constructed character, their evolutionary functions, and the ways in which art elicits emotions in us".

:smile:NO ACCOMODATION provided,so I have to find it on my own,it's gonna be my first travel abroad all by myself without anyone to accompany......

HKU summer school is called "Effective English summer programme"Course structure:
The series consists of three components:
Part A - a 2-week programme - Faculty of Arts, the University of Hong Kong
Course 1: English Discussion Skills: Critical Discussions on China
Course 2: English for Effective Communication: Business Simulations and Negotiation
These advanced speaking skills courses provide students with the opportunity to enhance their competency in the English language at a tertiary level while experiencing the unique multicultural environment of the University of Hong Kong. In addition to taking two credit-bearing courses, students will be invited to participate in a range of social activities through which they will discover one of Asia's most exciting cities.
Part B: a 1 week programme - Hertford College, the University of Oxford
The one-week programme at Hertford College, part of the University of Oxford is an integral part of the HKU programme. After studying for two weeks at HKU, students will be given the opportunity to demonstrate hands-on practice in the UK. Presentation skills and English writing skills will be enhanced through immersion in British culture. Students will experience the college culture of Hertford College, the University of Oxford and enjoy the scholastic atmosphere of the city of Oxford.

:smile:ACCOMODATION IS PROVIDED here along with fieldtrips.

:rolleyes: I'm junior university student,and I'm planning on

studying in the UK one year later ,so I'm wondering how possible could it be to get a reference letter from tutors in your Summer School?
And does it really count when competing with competing with your peers as postgraduate candidate ?

:smile::smile:Basicly,I just want some suggestions to help me out of this choice anxiety :s-smilie:
ohhhhh right! I major in Chinese literature ,grab some Deutsch :wink:
OR if you have a room to share with me during summer break in GB ......

PLEASE!!!!!!HELP ME!!!

Well, it certainly sounds like the HKU summer-school would be easier to arrange. Have you thought about which one you'd prefer to attend and why? It might help if you drew up a pros and cons list for either option. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending