The Student Room Group

Medical University in Romania - Oradea/Timisoara

Hello guys,

I am a student in the UK who is applying for Medical Studies in Romanian Universities (I’m looking towards Timisoara and Oradea mainly).

I am preparing the documentation myself and need some help/advice and would really appreciate it if anyone could help me:

Do my A-Level Certificates have to be appostiled and or legalised?

Depending on the answer to no.1 could you please tell me where this should/must be done? (for the application to the university as well as the ministry of education/external affairs of Romania)

Does anyone have any resources or advice on the entrance exams required for the medical universities in Romania namely the ones mentioned above.

If anyone is also applying to medicine in these universities it would be nice to have a conversation with you.

Thanks & Regards:
Tillu.

Scroll to see replies

Hey, i'm at the same boat as you are expect i'm an Israeli candidate.

as far as i know, all government Certificates such as birth and high school documents should be appostiled expect countries that are members in the EU beside UK.

i'm looking for applying to cluj university of Bucharest.

really got no idea how to start, do you have any information about the admission test ?
Reply 2
Can any one from UK or EU focus some light on this issue please.

@Yaniv_Rozenberg, good to know about you, let's wait some valuble advices from our senior members.
Reply 3
HI! I think you should call the University and you could ask someone from the Romanian embassy in London, I think they would be more than willing to help. Do you know Romanian?
Reply 4
Original post by Tillu
Hello guys,

I am a student in the UK who is applying for Medical Studies in Romanian Universities (I’m looking towards Timisoara and Oradea mainly).

I am preparing the documentation myself and need some help/advice and would really appreciate it if anyone could help me:

Do my A-Level Certificates have to be appostiled and or legalised?

Depending on the answer to no.1 could you please tell me where this should/must be done? (for the application to the university as well as the ministry of education/external affairs of Romania)

Does anyone have any resources or advice on the entrance exams required for the medical universities in Romania namely the ones mentioned above.

If anyone is also applying to medicine in these universities it would be nice to have a conversation with you.

Thanks & Regards:
Tillu.

you probably wont be able to apply directly to the uni if you dont know romanian language, there is alot to do and without knowing the language you will struggle
passport photocopy, birth certificate and a-level certificates all have to be notarized by a notary
Reply 5
Can you apply to Romanian university's with predicted grades?
Reply 6
Original post by Muscovite
*universities

my bad!
Reply 7
Original post by saboor123
Can you apply to Romanian university's with predicted grades?

yes you can...depending on who handles your application, some agents have power at unis and can have u accepted with predicted grades
Reply 8
What if your planning on applying without an agent lol any luck at all? I believe the system of applying is pretty bad.
Reply 9
Hi tillu,

I am a portuguese student living in the UK, I have applied for Oradea and currently revising for the admission exam in Biology.
Would like to liaise regarding application and then some.
Regards
Reply 10
Hi george,

When appling to oradea, was there an option not to take the test? Or is it compulsory?

Thanks
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by georgeMont
Hi tillu,

I am a portuguese student living in the UK, I have applied for Oradea and currently revising for the admission exam in Biology.
Would like to liaise regarding application and then some.
Regards

Hi George,

Thanks for the replay, I am preparing for the test aswell, by the way have you got your approval from the Ministry?.

I live in London, if you do then we can chat as well.

Tillu.
(edited 10 years ago)
Anyone applying to Ordea this year?
Yep
🙋
Reply 14
hey did anyone apply to Oradea and if they did how did they send their documents, I don't understand what they mean by legalised copies, is it ok just to send photocopies of my a level certificates ? thanks
Reply 15
Hey guys, If you're thinking of studying in Romania I would advise you to consider Ovidius University in Constanta. This is where I am studying and I would be happy to answer any questions about studying in Romania / my application experience.
Hi (-:
i´m from Germany and i´m applying to Oradea this year.
about the documents: the documents have to be translated & legalised by a public notary. Then you can send them to Oradea University

about the test: this year the test is an interview about chemistry or biology. but you can choose one subject.

The topics for the entrance exam for general medicine and dentistry for the July session will be:

Biology: 1. The cell 2. The cellular tissue 3. Nervous System 4. Analysers 5. Endocrine glands 6. Bone system 7. Joints/Articulations 8. Muscular system 9. Digestion and absorption 10. Circulation 11. Respiration 12. Excretion 13. Metabolism 14. Reproduction System 15. Pregnancy and birth 16. The body a whole The following topics are excluded of subjects: - Practical applications - Basic notions of hygiene and pathology

Chemistry: 1. Introduction to Organic Chemistry 2. Hydrocarbons 3. Organic sources of energy and raw materials 4. Mono-functional organic compounds 5. Organic compounds of biological importance 6. Natural and synthesis compounds of practical importance 7. Organic compounds reaction types

Here are more informations about the application:
https://www.uoradea.ro/Studenti+din+Uniunea+Europeana%2C+Spatiul+Economic+European+si+Confederatia+Elvetiana
Reply 18
Hey lads and ladies,

Does anyone what is ratio of applicants applying and successful applicants for Oradea 2013 for EU citizens?
Would love to know what are our chances of getting in?
(edited 9 years ago)
hello, are A LEVELS compulsory for entrance to medical universities in romania or only o levels can be accepted?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending