The Student Room Group

Romanian equivalent of GCSEs ?

Does anyone know what would be the equivalent of GCSEs in Romania ? I have a friend that wishes to apply to sixthform in UK but most of the sixth forms I contacted are asking for GCSEs or their equivalent in Romania. Thanks
Original post by albert1211
Does anyone know what would be the equivalent of GCSEs in Romania ? I have a friend that wishes to apply to sixthform in UK but most of the sixth forms I contacted are asking for GCSEs or their equivalent in Romania. Thanks

Why doesnt your friend know what qualifications they sat for ages 15/16?

Probably the

Evaluare nationala

and some progress in

examen national de bacalaureat

https://qips.ucas.com/qip/romania-diploma-de-bacalaureat
Reply 2
I moved in the uk at the age of 16. Year 9 in Romania . The equivalent of gcse is not “evaluarea nationala” it actually is the year 10 diploma “diploma de 10 clase”
just normal end of term school grades are fine i guess.
Original post by Dume
I moved in the uk at the age of 16. Year 9 in Romania . The equivalent of gcse is not “evaluarea nationala” it actually is the year 10 diploma “diploma de 10 clase”

can Iuse only "diploma de 10 clase" or "fisa matricola" which shows that I did 10 grades?
What did you do to get in college with just year 9?
Original post by Dume

How did you get accepted into a college without Y10?
Original post by Dido22
How did you get accepted into a college without Y10?

The Romanian Y9/10 won’t be the same as in England :smile:
Reply 8
Is there a procedure for submitting transcripts and end-of-year diploma for the Romanian grade 10, and have universities recognize it as equivalent to GCSE? Or does NARIC do that routinely? Thank you!
Original post by Dume

So what dosue the 10classe diploma give what kind of gcse is it

Quick Reply

Latest