The Student Room Group

Edexcel - Chemistry Unit 2 - 4 June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Priya08
3 moles ----> 5 moles

Decreasing the pressure causes EQM to oppose this change and side with the greater moles therefore moves forward

So yield increases but rate decreases as pressure is decreasing and less collision occurs between particles

Posted from TSR Mobile

the mark scheme says its decreases rate but yield decreases though? :frown:
Reply 381
Original post by Goods
only consider moles of gas.

Why moles of gas only ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 382
Original post by Priya08
Why moles of gas only ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can't change the pressure of a solid

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 383
yo guys , can someone please post the 2013 jan unit 2 chem for me plz along with the msc , what are ur pridiction for this paper , i mean june .. harder or easier ?
Reply 384
Original post by Mimi85
yo guys , can someone please post the 2013 jan unit 2 chem for me plz along with the msc , what are ur pridiction for this paper , i mean june .. harder or easier ?

It will be the most devious paper ever designed

Posted from TSR Mobile
I expect a fairly hard paper with medium to high grade boundaries. Though judging that the same batch that sat the Unit 1 Jan 2013 paper will most likely be AS students sitting this paper (A was 53), the grade boundaries could be low
Reply 386
Original post by Mimi85

I'm fairly sure someone has already posted it today...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 387
Original post by Goods
It will be the most devious paper ever designed

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol , im so scared , i didnt start yet as i was busy with physics , im hoping theyd be extra nice and make a good paper :
Reply 388
Original post by Mimi85
lol , im so scared , i didnt start yet as i was busy with physics , im hoping theyd be extra nice and make a good paper :

I have physics the day after :s I hope fibre optics don't come up I hate diffraction questions

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 389
Original post by Gnome :)
I'm fairly sure someone has already posted it today...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ugh , not bothered to search each page, can u plzpost it if u have it:colondollar:
Reply 390
Original post by Goods
I have physics the day after :s I hope fibre optics don't come up I hate diffraction questions

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh god , same ,i also hate polorisation shizzz, im notdone with past papers and im gonna start chem like today
Reply 391
Original post by Goods

Posted from TSR Mobile

and btw , di u sit for unit 1 phy ? How was it if u did ? It was horrible for me , it was a resit for me btw :rolleyes:
Reply 392
Original post by Mimi85
and btw , di u sit for unit 1 phy ? How was it if u did ? It was horrible for me , it was a resit for me btw :rolleyes:

I missed up the oscilloscope and a few electricity bits but I think I did quite well. I didn't really like the 6 marker

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do we need to know, step by step how to purify organic liquids?
Reply 394
Original post by Locked_box
Do we need to know, step by step how to purify organic liquids?

Add anhydrous sodium sulfate in excess filter into separating funnel allow layers to form drain off layers separately that's the procedure we need to know

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 395
Q10 Jan 2013

I know it isn't A or B, but I am confused about what they mean by Reducing power and Oxidizing power
Original post by Goods
Add anhydrous sodium sulfate in excess filter into separating funnel allow layers to form drain off layers separately that's the procedure we need to know

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok, cool beans.

So nothing else, nothing more in detail like filtering through glass wool or redistilling it at the end or using sodium hydrogen carbonate to wash the liquid?
Reply 397
Original post by Locked_box
Ok, cool beans.

So nothing else, nothing more in detail like filtering through glass wool or redistilling it at the end or using sodium hydrogen carbonate to wash the liquid?

Possibly but I don't know what adding baking powder to an organic liquid does?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Goods
Possibly but I don't know what adding baking powder to an organic liquid does?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it is used to react with any residues/contaminants
Reply 399
Original post by Mimi85

I posted both yesterday either in this thread or another one

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending