The Student Room Group

No motivation to revise subject i'm dropping next year

Even though I want to get a good grade at chemistry AS I'm finding it really hard to find the motivation to study for it. I find chemistry the hardest of all my a levels and really don't enjoy it so I know I'm going to drop it next year. I want to prioritise my other a levels but at the same time I know to get a decent grade at chemistry I need to put a lot more work into it than the others. Basically I have a time management problem. Anyone else in the same situation?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
YES! hopefully dropping French next year, I have a speaking exam this Tuesday and am nowhere near ready :frown: I just can't bring myself to revise properly!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I can understand this...what you need to do is make sure that university courses that you are considering applying for don't require a 4th a level. then you can really concentrate on the 3 , just turn up for chemistry, and make sure its deleted from your transcript. Try and prioritise your 3 main subjects, do a bit for chem perhaps. how was your january result ?
I have this problem. I'm dropping Dance next year and I really can't be bothered to revise lighting and body development and rubbish :frown:
But I make myself feel better by telling myself that we're doing enough revision in class :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Presenttime
I can understand this...what you need to do is make sure that university courses that you are considering applying for don't require a 4th a level. then you can really concentrate on the 3 , just turn up for chemistry, and make sure its deleted from your transcript. Try and prioritise your 3 main subjects, do a bit for chem perhaps. how was your january result ?

I got a C and sort of wish that I'm not retaking now, but too late. I do need a 4th AS so need to get a decent result :/ probably aim for a B..

Posted from TSR Mobile
A lot of universities require a pass in a 4th A Level. So get that 4th A Level!

Gives you the edge over other candidates. What if the university is considering you and one other candidate. You're both exactly the same. Except you have an A in your 4th AS Level, and he's got a B. Who are they going to choose?

Motivation to study?
Ok I totally understand why you might have a time allocation problem then, I would probably devote an equal amount of time towards revising each of your 4 subjects, possibly doing a little bit less for Chemistry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending