The Student Room Group

GCSE Study Buddy for 2023 exams

So I'm going in to year 11 and I feel like I'm not studying nearly enough for GCSE's next year. I feel like having a study buddy will help me stay motivated and accountable for working. If you're interested or have advice please reply to this post.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Ink_Splash
So I'm going in to year 11 and I feel like I'm not studying nearly enough for GCSE's next year. I feel like having a study buddy will help me stay motivated and accountable for working. If you're interested or have advice please reply to this post.

Whenever you have the urge to study, then you should study at that time. I think you should condensce your notes before yr11 (that's what I'm going to do) and find your weaker areas in each subject.
heelloo, i have the same problem too, interested!
Reply 3
Original post by chocobar111
heelloo, i have the same problem too, interested!

Oh, nice. What subjects do you take for GCSE?
I take: Maths, Additional maths, English lit and lang, triple science, religious studies, history, French and computer science

Hi there,

I'm not going into Year 11 but I personally think that having a 'study buddy' is incredibly useful - coming from someone who works better with other people around them and gets easily distracted by themselves!

I've seen students start threads where they update what revision they've done each day and kind of keep a diary that way to motivate them; you could start one with someone here for accountability! Or alternatively, other suggestions are to do zoom study sessions - even just having someone on a screen can actually help you to stay motivated haha. :biggrin:

Marimo
UCL Y2 Med Student
Medic Mind
I take: Maths, Additional maths, English lit and lang, triple science, religious studies, history, French and computer science

wow 3 of my friends have that same exact combo
i take: maths, stats, english lit and lang, triple science, religious studies, drama, spanish, and computer science
I’m year 11 too and I definitely hyper stress about exams even though I’m fairly good academically so I’ve decided this year to try and get a Headstart on revision so that it won’t stress me out as much when we get to exam season.

The main thing I would say is to make sure that you have a revision timetable that works for you it doesn’t matter if it’s more or less than your peers as long as it suits you and your revision methods.

I’d really like to get a study buddy too, it seems like a great idea since you can share ideas, revision methods and also just the general stress of exams.

Hope this helps! 😊
Original post by million.
love the idea of a study buddy too

i take:

Spoiler

I take:

English lit
English language
Maths
Triple science
Geography
Photography
Health and social care

So we share a few of them, which texts are you studying in lit?

Hey, would you mind teaching me Unit 1/ paper 1 of Computer Science??? I switched subjects so now I’m a whole term behind everyone else 😭
Reply 9
Original post by Delicatemoon4
Hey, would you mind teaching me Unit 1/ paper 1 of Computer Science??? I switched subjects so now I’m a whole term behind everyone else 😭

Wow I forgot about this thread 😅.

Sure, I'd love to help you out!

Original post by Ajajxjucjs
Hi, I’m interested

That's great! If you still want to we should arrange a time.

if you do GCSE Spanish I can help you out in that!
Original post by Ajajxjucjs
Hi, we share a lot of the same subjects. You interested in studying together?

Wow, sorry for being a bit late in replying, tbh I completely forgot this thread even existed 😅

yeah sure, what subjects are you taking?

I would love to. I do all the same subjects apart from Add Maths and Com Sci I also do GCSE P.E and have a GCSE in Arabic from Y8/9.

Awww thank you! I’m only in year 10 tho and I have to learn all of paper 1’s contents by march 😭

hey, thank you so much! I hope your GCSE's are going well!
Reply 15
Original post by Delicatemoon4
hey, thank you so much! I hope your GCSE's are going well!

lol i forgor abt this again

yh they are good. but i guess i don't need a studdy budy anymore.

feel free to keep posting here if you do tho

Quick Reply

Latest