The Student Room Group

Ask a Pakistani ex muslim anything

Scroll to see replies

Tell us more about your spiritual journey. What made you leave Islam?
Original post by Ilovechocolate09
Yes, us Turks like our drink. But its socially accepted and allowed in our culture so its fine lol

Not allowed in their religion though. It's always bewildered me how some Muslims know that the Quran prohibits certain easily avoidable things, e.g. intoxicants such as alcohol, and yet go about actively ignoring those verses. I'm not being mean or anything but how can Turks who drink even call themselves Muslim when they do that? It boggles the mind...
Reply 82
Original post by Theoneoranro
Ask me anything about me being an ex muslim

(I am an atheist now btw)

Said you respect the religion & never try to prove islam is wrong and yet, you say Islam is a ridiculous religion which makes no sense!
Said you never insult muslims and yet, you said why follow ideas like a sheep! Are you saying muslims are blind followers?
How does it feel to live two different lives at the same time? Since you are talking about 'Reality' bro, why not tell your family your REAL views on Islam? If you think some Qura'nic verses can be interpreted as 'anything' , did you go into further query or even demanded answers from those who know better? I suggest reading about Islam with a critical mind and broad view of histroy first.

It seems to me that you don't know where you stand and just looking for an easy way out, Now my real question is: Did you find salvation by quetting your religion?
"Is there something about me that you’ve always wanted to know but have never asked?"

Yeah why u so gay?

I'm not, I'm a total heterosexual.
Reply 84
Original post by Kutta
I dont think it is a "potential" transfer anymore :wink:

But my opinion is that it is a waste of a talent.

Original post by Pendulum3
Monaco have already bought Rodriguez and Mouthino, Falcao would be a nice addition, it may influence others to join to, especially in Monaco tax free haven, damn I just hate it though, I don't think it will be enough to challenge PSG just yet, unless Ibrahimovic leaves.

I agree guys, one of the most talented footballers clearly joining a side for money. disgusting really.
Reply 85
Ask me anything about me being an ex muslim

(I am an atheist now btw)

Give a valid reason for leaving your religion ?

P.s don't tell me **** about sheeps following or some crap, and actual answer I can work off of
what made you change your mind about islam?
Reply 87
this thread is an epic fail
Reply 88
Also, please can you explain the oxidation of alcohols? I don't understand it, ta.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 89
Original post by Dooni
Said you respect the religion & never try to prove islam is wrong and yet, you say Islam is a ridiculous religion which makes no sense!
Said you never insult muslims and yet, you said why follow ideas like a sheep! Are you saying muslims are blind followers?
How does it feel to live two different lives at the same time? Since you are talking about 'Reality' bro, why not tell your family your REAL views on Islam? If you think some Qura'nic verses can be interpreted as 'anything' , did you go into further query or even demanded answers from those who know better? I suggest reading about Islam with a critical mind and broad view of histroy first.

It seems to me that you don't know where you stand and just looking for an easy way out, Now my real question is: Did you find salvation by quetting your religion?

Lol the fact that I need to live a double life shows how backward the religion is. I don't wanna be one of those anti islam guys who go around criticising the religion but I'll just criticise it just like any other religion. The only reason you're a Muslim is because you've been brainwashed from the moment you were born, the brain is a really powerful thing and it's amazing how it can make you end up believing something such as Islam or any other religion. Obviously the world would be much better without it.
And for your other question yes it feels good that I left a religion which I would have otherwise wasted my life in.
I left it because of many reasons-
No evidence
Why would some people be born non muslim
Everything about it seems really unrealistic
Muhammad wasn't a reliable person to trust when you look at a non biased view
Why would god send people to hell forever, that's an over the top punishment and was obviously a way to scare idiots.
Other reasons too
Original post by SanahAhmed
Give a valid reason for leaving your religion ?

P.s don't tell me **** about sheeps following or some crap, and actual answer I can work off of
Reply 90
Original post by cheetahs56
Also, please can you explain the oxidation of alcohols? I don't understand it, ta.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Primary alcohols can be oxidised into aldehydes (carbon double bonded to an oxygen) using potassium dichromate solution (goes from orange to green) it can then further be oxidised in a carboxylic acid (Carbon double bonded to a hydroxide)
Secondary alcohols can be oxidised using the same method into ketones.
Tertiary alcohols cant be oxidised at all

Hope that helped mate
Reply 91
Original post by LolaGonzalez
what made you change your mind about islam?

Look at my previous posts
Reply 92
Primary alcohols can be oxidised into aldehydes (carbon double bonded to an oxygen) using potassium dichromate solution (goes from orange to green) it can then further be oxidised in a carboxylic acid (Carbon double bonded to a hydroxide)
Secondary alcohols can be oxidised using the same method into ketones.
Tertiary alcohols cant be oxidised at all

Hope that helped mate

Thanks, that did!
Reply 93
I have one or two more questions, hope you can answer them:

Spoiler

Reply 94
Original post by ZRO
I have one or two more questions, hope you can answer them:

Spoiler

LMFAO:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 95
Reply 96

Interesting rap battle on other thread bro
Reply 97
Original post by cheetahs56
Interesting rap battle on other thread bro

Haha yeah was jokes bro, then i got called out by like 3 people loool
Original post by ChampEon
Not allowed in their religion though. It's always bewildered me how some Muslims know that the Quran prohibits certain easily avoidable things, e.g. intoxicants such as alcohol, and yet go about actively ignoring those verses. I'm not being mean or anything but how can Turks who drink even call themselves Muslim when they do that? It boggles the mind...

Turkey as a country is always labelled as an Islamic/Muslim country but Turkey is a SECULAR country.
So in Turkey, politics comes before religion, as in many western countries.
So the degree to which we practice our faith is entirely up to us. We have the freedom to believe whatever we want to.

To those that drink etc, call themselves Muslim because that is just what all Turks are labelled as and always will be no matter how religious or not they are.

*shrugs* That's just how it is.
to those people who say that I am Turkish or whatever culture and drink but call myself Muslim makes no sense whatsover.

Its like a terrorist saying that I am Muslim when he has broken the Islamic teachings of killing no innocent human being.

Likewise you can't just say I can drink as much as I want and only God can judge me thats the worst thing to say Allah himself says in the Quran that alcohol is prohibited so even if you say its cultural doesn't mean you need to accept it if you were a true Muslim

In Islam liberalism does not exist e.g. drinking alcohol and neither does extremism e.g. bombing and killing innocent people

Muslims should be neither but just follow teachings of Quran and Sunnah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending