The Student Room Group

Medicine Graduate Entry 2015!! :)

Scroll to see replies

64... sweet relief
Original post by Mr Men
You should be pretty confident with that. Well done! :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is a 64 average likely to be good enough for interviews at Liverpool, George's and Swansea?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3982
Phew - 78/73/70 so a 72 average. Phew.
What did people need last year to get an interview? Does any know?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CHallows
I got above 50 in each section but only averaged 56 :frown: looks like St George's is out! I wish they looked at the bigger picture!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im in exactly same position as you. Is there any place likely to give us an interview?
Well done on gamsat results everyone! Seeing the stress you guys have gone through waiting for results made me glad I went for the UKCAT! I am however in a mild panic as I have just tried to log onto my kings application portal and I no longer have anything listed under current applications....... Could this mean I have been rejected but just haven't received the message yet? Has this happened to anyone else? I only checked because I know there have been a few rejections sent out recently.
Original post by crazypretzel
Well done on gamsat results everyone! Seeing the stress you guys have gone through waiting for results made me glad I went for the UKCAT! I am however in a mild panic as I have just tried to log onto my kings application portal and I no longer have anything listed under current applications....... Could this mean I have been rejected but just haven't received the message yet? Has this happened to anyone else? I only checked because I know there have been a few rejections sent out recently.

Are you unable to see your application status????
Original post by Cutieapple44
Are you unable to see your application status????

Yes it has completely disappeared! Graduate medicine isn't on the page at all, it looks like I have no applications!!
Congrats to everyone on gamsat results looks like some really good scores here. My average is 56 with my worst section being written communication, what I thought I had done best on!
69-69-57 with an overall mark of 63. SHOCKED at section 3 as thought I'd completely flunked it! But not sure how 63 compares overall??
Original post by FATchristopher
Im in exactly same position as you. Is there any place likely to give us an interview?

I'm not sure. I only applied to St George's with Gamsat. It's really frustrating. I really wish they would look at everything else and then make a decision whether to interview us or not. I got a 1st etc etc but just can't seem to get my head around these exams! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes it has completely disappeared! Graduate medicine isn't on the page at all, it looks like I have no applications!!

So can you see your messages?
So can you see your messages?

No there is no message section anymore! The only thing I can click on is create a new application.
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1416384012.079168.jpg

Right guys I'm really confused about this, is this essentially saying that my results for this year can only be used for this application cycle, not the cycle next year but then the year after that?

Have they ****ed up or am I being stupid?

Posted from TSR Mobile
No there is no message section anymore! The only thing I can click on is create a new application.

I think you have an option of 2 things to do: either wait for an email of some kind to explain the situation (who knows it may be them updating your application to send you an interview) or you could ring and ask them. I know this isnt much help but been unable to find out why this would happen.
I think you have an option of 2 things to do: either wait for an email of some kind to explain the situation (who knows it may be them updating your application to send you an interview) or you could ring and ask them. I know this isnt much help but been unable to find out why this would happen.

Thanks for the advice. Will probably try and call them later, im assuming nobody will be there till 9. I keep thinking even if I had been rejected I should still be able to access my messages. Fingers crossed!
Original post by Rosser1994
Is a 64 average likely to be good enough for interviews at Liverpool, George's and Swansea?

I asked Liverpool admissions back in august and they said the cut off score was 56 average with no less than 50 in all sections for last years cycle. So think you should be in with a pretty good chance!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3997
Thanks for the advice. Will probably try and call them later, im assuming nobody will be there till 9. I keep thinking even if I had been rejected I should still be able to access my messages. Fingers crossed!

I have been having issues with myapplication since I applied. My application was listed when I first logged in, then it disappeared when everyone was getting the 'thank you for your application' messages, reappeared a week ago, and now it has disappeared again. Don't worry, it's not just you :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Needed 62 for George's cut off

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just received an email saying George's cut off was 62!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending