The Student Room Group

UCAS CopyCatch tool

What happened if someone from my group only had taken my PS without my notice, and the same statement they have also mentioned in their PS. and then they have also submitted the PS. In that case tool find out 2 PS having some similarity. so how it will decide who is copied whom?
Original post by mohd.tawfique
What happened if someone from my group only had taken my PS without my notice, and the same statement they have also mentioned in their PS. and then they have also submitted the PS. In that case tool find out 2 PS having some similarity. so how it will decide who is copied whom?

There a reason why you show your personal statement to a person of trust, such as your family, teachers… and your ‘close friends’ if they are truly supporting and understand the reasoning behind why plagarism is bad.

https://www.theuniguide.co.uk/advice/personal-statements/how-to-avoid-plagiarism-when-writing-your-personal-statement#:~:text=If%20they%20copy%20parts%20of,who%20you%20send%20it%20to.

‘If they copy parts of your statement in their own then you could both get in trouble.
Remember you can’t control what other people do with your personal statement, so be careful about who you send it to.’

The only thing you can do is to rewrite your personal statement - rewording the ideas, sentence flow…
Reply 2
Original post by BankaiGintoki
There a reason why you show your personal statement to a person of trust, such as your family, teachers… and your ‘close friends’ if they are truly supporting and understand the reasoning behind why plagarism is bad.

https://www.theuniguide.co.uk/advice/personal-statements/how-to-avoid-plagiarism-when-writing-your-personal-statement#:~:text=If%20they%20copy%20parts%20of,who%20you%20send%20it%20to.

‘If they copy parts of your statement in their own then you could both get in trouble.
Remember you can’t control what other people do with your personal statement, so be careful about who you send it to.’

The only thing you can do is to rewrite your personal statement - rewording the ideas, sentence flow…

Thank you so much for the details.
Reply 3
Original post by HelenMs
However, it's crucial to exercise caution when sharing your personal statement, as mentioned in the link you provided. Plagiarism is a serious offense, and inadvertently or intentionally copying parts of someone else's personal statement, even with good intentions, can have severe consequences for both parties.

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending