The Student Room Group

Medicine Graduate Entry 2015!! :)

Scroll to see replies

I don't know how you guys do it! Massive congatualions to all those with offers. I have had no luck with graduate entry med but thankfully received an offer for undergradate med.
Original post by Awesome_Alien
No unfortunately not :frown: You?

Nothing - I'm expecting bad news anyway :smile:
Original post by ceciafb
Congratulations! I remember aaages ago stressing about my ukcat score and you were at the same time, that's great news! My problem seems to be succeeding in interview haha

Thank you!!! But well done you, offer for Southampton, that's amazing! And Warwick interview coming up too, good luck!
Anyone at 2:30 tomorrow?
Good luck to everyone with interviews this week :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck to all with interviews this week! :smile:
Today's the day :smile: let's do this!
Good luck everyone!
I'm confused about what Warwick wants as evidence for work experience.

I have a letter from a work colleague confirming that I have been working at that hospital. I also have a certificate confirming that I completed a weeks worth of work experience with a consultant surgeon. Is this enough?
That sounds perfect! I have a letter from an MD saying I worked with patients in his lab.
Original post by hawflo
I'm confused about what Warwick wants as evidence for work experience.

I have a letter from a work colleague confirming that I have been working at that hospital. I also have a certificate confirming that I completed a weeks worth of work experience with a consultant surgeon. Is this enough?

I emailed about work experience, they basically said something signed from someone with a level of authority/someone who can prove you worked there (so a work colleague is fine since they can presumably prove they are a colleague if it came it). As long as the total time is over the 70 hour minimum then that's fine, not everything on the work experience form needs to be covered.

Good luck at interview, had mine today!
Anyone at 8.30 on Thursday?
Woof. That MMI wasn't fun at all haha. Definitely flunked the first station but after that I think it went okay. Who knows! 230 offers from 360 interviews (probably less as there were a few non-attendees) so the odds aren't bad at all for everyone.

Original post by am1992
I emailed about work experience, they basically said something signed from someone with a level of authority/someone who can prove you worked there (so a work colleague is fine since they can presumably prove they are a colleague if it came it). As long as the total time is over the 70 hour minimum then that's fine, not everything on the work experience form needs to be covered.

Good luck at interview, had mine today!

Good to meet you! :smile: Fingers crossed to see you in September.
Original post by MJK91
Woof. That MMI wasn't fun at all haha. Definitely flunked the first station but after that I think it went okay. Who knows!

Oh noo definitely shouldn't have read this 30mins before my interview!
Original post by ceciafb
Oh noo definitely shouldn't have read this 30mins before my interview!

Honestly, overall it was easier than I expected. Just be verbose and fill up the time :smile: That's where I went horribly wrong at first.
Original post by MJK91
X

Thanks for the warning! So roughly a 2/3 chance you reckon? I think more than 20 will have dropped out or not turned up.

Who knows, maybe see you September? :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MJK91
Honestly, overall it was easier than I expected. Just be verbose and fill up the time :smile: That's where I went horribly wrong at first.

:redface: yes the stations are so long! Fingers crossed I'm just trying to get out of panic mode now!
Original post by LostInYourMusic
Thanks for the warning! So roughly a 2/3 chance you reckon? I think more than 20 will have dropped out or not turned up.

Who knows, maybe see you September? :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I sure hope so :smile: Good luck. Around a 63% chance of an offer so as long as you don't mess up, I'd say you've got a good chance. That's where I went wrong :P

Original post by ceciafb
:redface: yes the stations are so long! Fingers crossed I'm just trying to get out of panic mode now!

It'll be fine, honestly :smile: Good luck.
Is it all individual or are there teamwork exercises as previously? 5 mins at some king's stations seemed short but 10 minutes is a lot!
Original post by Going_To_California
Is it all individual or are there teamwork exercises as previously? 5 mins at some king's stations seemed short but 10 minutes is a lot!

Just focus on the individual stuff.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending