The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hmmm, fair paper. Just think some of my responses were a bit waffley :tongue:
Original post by kashagupta
There are two equations for the HW principle- p + q=1 and p^2 + q^2 + 2pq =1

When you've got 0.49, that's the value for q^2, and you're trying to find out the heterozygous frequency (2pq) so
1/ you square root 0.49 to get 0.7 (q)
2/ do 1-0.7 to get 0.3 (q)
3/ do 2 x 0.3 x 0.7
4/ multiply by 100 to get 42%

hope that helps!

I think I got the one in the exam wrong because I panicked :frown:
The answer was 32%

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by apple_byte
The answer was 32%

Posted from TSR Mobile

Agreed haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by apple_byte
The answer was 32%

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's wat I thought
Everyone got 32 percent in my class
The paper felt like I was doing an ISA at some points!

For the hardy W you had to do 4/100 then square root 0.04 to get 0.2 then minus that from 1 to get 0.8 then do 2 x 0.8 x 0.2 to get 0.32 then times by 100 to get a percentage of 32
Original post by jamesfancourt
The paper felt like I was doing an ISA at some points!

For the hardy W you had to do 4/100 then square root 0.04 to get 0.2 then minus that from 1 to get 0.8 then do 2 x 0.8 x 0.2 to get 0.32 then times by 100 to get a percentage of 32

I thought that too!! :tongue:
Fudge i ran out of time when i was half way through q7 (but did q8 first so phew!) lol and in the hardy weinberg i did the calculation right... But i freakin used the square root of 0.4 when it was meant to be 0.04!!!! Eugh!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
What do you guys get for the population size calculation in question 1?
Original post by bunny96

I got 59.8 million as the pop. size, but my friends are telling me that it was population increase we had to find... :s-smilie:
Original post by bunny96

Think I got 60.18 ssomething like that as population decreased as death rate was higher than birth rate! How annoying that there was no definition questions at all?!?!?!
Original post by SuperFly
Fudge i ran out of time when i was half way through q7 (but did q8 first so phew!) lol and in the hardy weinberg i did the calculation right... But i freakin used the square root of 0.4 when it was meant to be 0.04!!!! Eugh!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did the same thing used 0.4 urghhh so annoying because i knew how to do it just used the wrong no :angry:
Original post by bunny96

I think i got 62.2M - 28000 ish
Something like 61,175,200? idk
Original post by solitarysniper
I got 59.8 million as the pop. size, but my friends are telling me that it was population increase we had to find... :s-smilie:

What? I though the population decreased by like 20410 or a number similar to that :frown:
Question 8 was really nice although I am not sure how you can get 6 marking points for describing the Calvin cycle...
Reply 1996
what did people get for the genotypes of the birds when the female was XY and the male was XX. this majorly confused me! :colone:
Original post by bunny96
What? I though the population decreased by like 20410 or a number similar to that :frown:

I also got a number in the 20,000's
Original post by Islam2014
I did the same thing used 0.4 urghhh so annoying because i knew how to do it just used the wrong no :angry:

Eurgh I took away 0.02 instead of 0.2 AARRGHHH
Original post by solitarysniper

It was defo population size as it said population of Italy in 2011

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending