The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What is the final product of nitrogen fixation carried out by mutualistic nitrogen-fixing bacteria??
Original post by Shepherd_9
What is the final product of nitrogen fixation carried out by mutualistic nitrogen-fixing bacteria??

don't those bacteria fix atmospheric nitrogen to ammonia?:colondollar:
Reply 1782
N2 gas with the unstable triple bond is fixed and into NH4+

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by heart17
Can anyone please describe the carbon cycle? Find it so difficult to understand :frown:

This has been asked too many times here.
- Sapribionts hydrolyse organic matter into small, soluble molecules by secreting enzymes onto them
- They absorb the products by diffusion
- They then respire which releases CO2 into atmosphere
- CO2 taken into leaves of plants through stomata
- During photosynthesis
Original post by jamesfancourt
You guys are over analysing this exam man just chill out if you don't know it now you won't know it in the exam. Trying to prepare and guess the 5 markers isn't healthy and your putting that info in your head, what even if they don't come up. Just chill and apply you knowledge of biol4 to the exam, that's what they want you to do

I agree! I don't this exam is that deep! along as you know theory and can apply key words and common sense to your answers you'll be ok, I've never seen tsr so freaked out D: it will be ok guys, jist stay calm!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1785
yeah that's correct

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mowing on the roundabout is such a weird question.
they've asked for the recessive allele? Can anybody help me with this please? It's question 6ai. JUNE 2011.pdf
And also question 5aii please.
Hey does anyone have any tips for those questions on alleles inheritance where you need to give evidence to show its recessive or dominant or sex linked. I just keeping messing them up every past paper I do

Thanks
Reply 1789
Original post by Shepherd_9

Ammonia
And then that's used to make amino acids

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by walkers38
This has been asked too many times here.
- Sapribionts hydrolyse organic matter into small, soluble molecules by secreting enzymes onto them
- They absorb the products by diffusion
- They then respire which releases CO2 into atmosphere
- CO2 taken into leaves of plants through stomata
- During photosynthesis

I know sorry:/ and are you sure is that it what about the whole combustion and decomposition thing?
Reply 1791
aaaaaah I really need help on this

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1792
I think everyone should relax now and not cram, have a cupa tea

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bobdol
Hey does anyone have any tips for those questions on alleles inheritance where you need to give evidence to show its recessive or dominant or sex linked. I just keeping messing them up every past paper I do

Thanks

i have trouble doing this too! get it wrong pretty much every time:mad:
Original post by heart17
I know sorry:/ and are you sure is that it what about the whole combustion and decomposition thing?

What I mentioned is the carbon cycle.
Deforestation and burning fossil fuels are factors that have contributed to increase of CO2 concentration in atmosphere, so I guess they're a part of carbon cycle, but artificial.
The question asked for this could be -
How does slash and burn affect CO2 conc. in atmosphere?
- Both increase CO2 conc.
- Slash (cutting trees), removes tress, so less psyn, so less removal of CO2
- Burn (burning trees): combustion of fossil fuels release CO2
Original post by zab786
aaaaaah I really need help on this

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh what:s-smilie:
Original post by bobdol

Thanks

Ask 2 questions:

Is there anyone with a phenotype different to their parents? - If yes, then that phenotype is recessive.

Is there a recessive female with a father or son with a dominant trait? - If yes then not sex linked.

After this it becomes very clear to prove, if you still struggle then just start adding in genotypes one by one.
Original post by WavingFLag
They've given you frequency of alleles so 0.33 is your p value.
Q= 1-0.33
P= 0.33
2PQ = 2x 0.33 x 0.67 = 0.4422
this is 42%

why is p 0.33 ? isnt q 0.33 as it is recessive? "The allele for longhair (h) is recessive"
Original post by walkers38
Mowing on the roundabout is such a weird question.

I'm dreading a 5/6 marker on conservation
Original post by zuzu096
I agree! I don't this exam is that deep! along as you know theory and can apply key words and common sense to your answers you'll be ok, I've never seen tsr so freaked out D: it will be ok guys, jist stay calm!

Posted from TSR Mobile

speaking of which anyone pleaseee share a key words list ,Thanks :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending