The Student Room Group

Do you guys ever think Britain will have a Muslim PM?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Al-Mudaari

As for how the Military is neutralized, then this is something that would require planning, circumstances can change so it's not right to make a judgement based on how the current scenario is.

Surely the key issue there is that, unlike the vast majority of countries, our military is nuclear armed? Given I belive 1SL, and maybe the CAS I think, their have finger on the button, the PM authourises but doesn't launch. To take out our military would require at least your own nukes, presumably from a caliphate based in Pakistan (maybe KSA by then) but even then you're still only at MAD, there's no clear way to circumvent that.
Original post by donutaud15
you clearly underestimate the power of those two magnificent things

Posted from TSR Mobile

Magnificent?

Firstly a drug that broken families apart, resulted in many going to jail, resulted in people getting homeless, resulted into people getting debt, I'm actually quite happy not drinking.

Bacon? Bitch please, I got beef and chicken, that's good enough for me.

Original post by Al-Mudaari
As I said, if you have control (ie. military) then the people won't be much of a problem. The UK aren't like Muslim countries, where if someone tried it with them, you'd have long and powerful resistence with all sorts of Mujahideen groups forming waging Jihad [ie. Victory or Paradise].

Whereas with the UK, you might have a small resistence, but it'll be easy to crack down once people realise how important their life is to them. The perks of being Atheist I guess.

Also, it's not going to be as bad as you think. Umar1 was exagerating and I was just playing along, but not too much would have to change in the UK, if it agreed to pay taxes to the Khalifah. Most drastic change would be your foreign relations, your government and military, otherwise, in heavily Non-Muslim populated area's, they're usually left to carry on as they were, including drinking alcohol and other acts that I would consider degrading. This should help against population uprisings.

It's certainly a good point, however I would put faith that advancements of technology won't let that be such a massive hinderence. I also don't think a weakened economy (in the UK) would be the end of everything.

If TSR isn't a representation, then nor is that poll which only asks students from a limited 12 universities. Would've been more reliable if you had a more demographically dispersed poll.

At least you can accept most TSRians would support a Khalifah, which doesn't necassarily have to be in the UK, but anywhere in the world.

Well, this is pretty narrow minded thinking if you really believe it's the only hope. We're not even relying on it as a z plan.

Look Origami Bullets, clearly we both have a different world views [and we should respect that, it's what tolerance is about]. I believe my way is best, and you believe your way is best. Only time will tell who's right and who's wrong, and this discussion is just going around in a circle. So let's just agree to disagree, and leave things with fate.

It'll be more like an addition to the expanding Islamic State.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How do you know Britain will have a small resistance? You seem to think you know the future but dont have evidence to prove it. I would love to hear your plans of you and your army of 100 minions trying to topple society, government and military!
My problem with this would not be the fact that they're Muslim, but the fact that "they view their religion as a big part of their identity". Nevertheless, as long as it doesn't affect their rational decision making ability, I haven't really got a problem with it.
Original post by ElGenioEstúpido
Magnificent?

Firstly a drug that broken families apart, resulted in many going to jail, resulted in people getting homeless, resulted into people getting debt, I'm actually quite happy not drinking.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Or alternatively...

"Firstly a religion that broken many families apart, resulted in many going to jail, resulted in people going homeless, resulted in people going in to debt, Im actually quite happy about not being a Muslim."
Original post by the mezzil
Posted from TSR Mobile
Or alternatively...

"Firstly a religion that broken many families apart, resulted in many going to jail, resulted in people going homeless, resulted in people going in to debt, Im actually quite happy about not being a Muslim."

Oh and the fact that its full of extremists who end up dead never having being able to taste bacon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Posted from TSR Mobile
Or alternatively...

Or alternatively...

Firstly a religion that has united over 1.5 billion people, resulted in brotherhood among countries, resulted in people getting helped through Zakah and has made many lives worth living, I'm loving being a Muslim...
Or alternatively...

Firstly a religion that has united over 1.5 billion people, resulted in brotherhood among countries, resulted in people getting helped through Zakah and has made many lives worth living, I'm loving being a Muslim...

I'm sorry I stopped reading at "united" 1.5 billion people. I nearly wet myself laughing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh and the fact that its full of extremists who end up dead never having being able to taste bacon.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Full of extremists, because evidently a minority fully represents the majority, and what about bacon, we have the ability to eat beef and chicken!
I'm sorry I stopped reading at "united".

Posted from TSR Mobile

And I laughed at yours....:biggrin:
And I laughed at yours....:biggrin:

1.5 billion people "united". Yes, I guess Shia and Sunni get on very well with each other in places like Syria, Lybia, Eygpt, Iraq, Pakistan, Iran, Afghanistan. In fact I heard its very peaceful over there, I think I might take my holiday there!

Posted from TSR Mobile
1.5 billion people "united". Yes, I guess Shia and Sunni get on very well with each other in places like Syria, Lybia, Eygpt, Iraq, Pakistan, Iran, Afghanistan. In fact I heard its very peaceful over there, I think I might take my holiday there!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh yes, there are 1.5 billion Sunnis and around 150 mil Sufis, so...technically 1.5 billion people are united.:wink:

ttyl mate I'm off to Jummah
(edited 10 years ago)
Ahh yes, there are 1.5 billion Sunnis and around 150 mil Sufis, so...technically 1.5 billion people are united.:wink:

ttyl mate I'm off to Jummah

When you are back the lesson shall be focused on "The opposition to Assad in Syria, and the various militias involved"
Reply 113
I wouldn't mind it, as long as their religion doesn't influence policy making at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 114
No.
Magnificent?

sure that happens, not everyone is an alcoholic though. In fact it applies to a very small percentage of people. Same as not all Muslims are terrorist.

Also I can call you a hell of a lot of names, I'm just not into insulting the less fortunate than myself, unless of course they are into that

And as for bacon, sure keep telling yourself that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending