The Student Room Group

A-level revision tips.

Last year my biggest problem was sitting down and revising. I procrastinated practically the whole year and finally got down to study i actually realized i didn't know what to do. This year i tackled my issues and devised a study plan for all my subjects. This is really just advice for anyone who finds it hard to revise.

These are the three study techniques i use:

1. Focus on one subject at a time: I'm not saying that you should spend all your time revising for that one subject but rather take a week for just that particular subject really understand it, highlight everything you need to know make posters, ask your friends/family to ask you questions you have set up for them, just really get tired of that subject. Make sure you still spend at least 4-6 hours that week on your other subjects so your not behind.

2. Repeat the same past paper until you get 100%: It's harder to do than you think, it helps point out your really weak points and whoever says memorizing is not an effective method of revision is talking ****. Trust me i was one of them but there is a big difference between memorizing a bunch of words and memorizing methods, techniques and tricks you could apply in future exams.

3. Prepare for the week before the exam: Rather than preparing for the exam prepare for the revision before the exams, make a list of study notes, equations, definitions, everything that people can question you on. I would prepare these two months in advance so you know exactly what you need to put in rather than just putting loads of information that you either already know or don't really need to know.

That's all folks hope i helped :smile:
Reply 1
Wow this is amazing , thank you I will give it a try :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest