The Student Room Group

A Level Grades

I am currently stressing about making the A-Level grades that I need to get into my uni course (AAA), as I had the flu last week and have been unable to complete any work for nearly 10 days. Does anyone have any tips for either Biology, Chemistry or Maths A-Level revision, so that I can ensure I get the grades I need (I know my unis defo won't be lenient if I miss)
Original post by jengablocks79
I am currently stressing about making the A-Level grades that I need to get into my uni course (AAA), as I had the flu last week and have been unable to complete any work for nearly 10 days. Does anyone have any tips for either Biology, Chemistry or Maths A-Level revision, so that I can ensure I get the grades I need (I know my unis defo won't be lenient if I miss)
Honestly, we are all stressed here, so don't worry about it, don't get panicked because of 10 missed days, you can catch back up.

I'm assuming you've completed the syllabuses

Do past papers and find out which topic are your weaknesses, from there go revise that subtopic/topic again and then go to PMT and get their topic question papers and do them. They give loads of questions, yes, a lot of the times the questions repeat a million times with different numbers, but it doesn't matter. Practice will help you loads.

And main thing: Don't stress, don't procrastinate and don't stay up late trying to study and cram. Cramming does not help the majority of the time. It's consistent effort
Original post by jengablocks79
Hi @jengablocks79,

Some tips that work for me when I'm on a time crunch is to:

Use the specification points: I used this to navigate my revision sessions and like a checklist. I went through the subjects in chronological order and ticked them off as I progressed. The spec points made sure I covered exactly everything I had to know for the exam. Every definition, diagram, equation, mechanism etc...

Pomodoro technique: I've noticed that when I revised for long hours with infrequent breaks caused me to burnout, causes mental fatigue and disrupts my revision as a whole. I implemented the pomodoro technique as a healthy way to revise without feeling burnt out- giving me breaks in between to rest and lets my brain refocus back to revision when it's time.

Blurting: In my opinion, a very underrated technique is the blurting technique (you can read more about it here: https://bit.ly/3uCzvZl + many other revision techniques) and I've found that blurting helped me retain the content for much longer and much easier.

Hope this helps,
Danish
BCU Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest