Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website

Canterbury Christ Church Uni (CCCU) adult nursing 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by kattokit
Hi!
I had my CCCU interview in few for adult nursing at Medway!
They were really comforting and understanding there as it is a nerve wrecking time for us being interviewed!
You start with a PowerPoint about the uni, the course and what is expected. They talk about parking, placements and accommodation and about the areas (main campus at canterbury aswell!)
after that you have a maths and English test (you are required to get 40% or above as that's the pass mark for year 1)
whilst they are marking your tests you then go on a campus tour, you have lunch and then they tell you whether you have passed or not (groups will be taken out to go for interview, whoever left goes home I guess...)
you have a group discussion which isn't long, then you have your individual interview.
Overall I found the day really good! Hope I got in, it's my first choice :-)

hope this helps!!

Hi

Ahh thanks for that info. It sounds like I was expecting. I've been told they are very nice and reassuring on the day.

How did you find the maths questions? Are they similar to those on snap NHS?
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 21
hi i have an interview tomorrow with ccccu , i have an interview tomorrow and i dont know if i am on the canterbury campus or the medway campus for the interview. where do they usually have the interviews for adult nursing ? i've applied for adult nursing.
thanks
Reply 22
I've applied for Christ church too, I'm really nervous about the English, how was the English test was it just piece of creative writing on a chosen subject? good luck and fingers crossed for you that you get your first choice :smile:
Reply 23
Hey a I have one too and haven't been given any details accept that is tomorrow which building do we have to go to and what do we bring?! I'm so nervous hahaha
Reply 24
Original post by jeneame
I've applied for Christ church too, I'm really nervous about the English, how was the English test was it just piece of creative writing on a chosen subject? good luck and fingers crossed for you that you get your first choice :smile:
heya I've got mine do you know which building and what to bring I didn't get any details! Xxxx

Original post by jeneame

Original post by jeneame
Reply 25
Original post by Emmaaoife
Hey a I have one too and haven't been given any details accept that is tomorrow which building do we have to go to and what do we bring?! I'm so nervous hahaha

Good luck. Got to meet at the old sessions house, and need to take photo ID and a self deceleration form that you can print of off their website, just read that we only need 40% to pass our maths, i thought it was 80%.
Reply 26
Original post by Chicken lady
Hi

Ahh thanks for that info. It sounds like I was expecting. I've been told they are very nice and reassuring on the day.

How did you find the maths questions? Are they similar to those on snap NHS?

I don't know what snap NHS is!! So I have no idea. They are fairy simple, stuff like fractions, percentage, adding, subtracting etc etc. it's 20 questions so no biggy, to pass you need to get 6/20 so don't panic :-)
I'm redoing my math gcse at the moment so if I can pass, anyone can!!
English is easy, but it's always been my strong point. You have to choose a question out of a choice of 2. They mainly look for spelling, punctuation and grammar. :smile:

any more questions just ask!! :-)

i think their reassuring manner helps people not to feel as nervous, I was nervous at the beginning and by the end I was beaming!!! :-)
Original post by Emmaaoife

I've got mine tomorrow too! Meet at the old sessions house by 9.15, and bring woth you a form of iD and the DBS check form they emailed you :-) hopefully see you there!
Original post by mazmad
hi i have an interview tomorrow with ccccu , i have an interview tomorrow and i dont know if i am on the canterbury campus or the medway campus for the interview. where do they usually have the interviews for adult nursing ? i've applied for adult nursing.
thanks

Which campus did you apply to when doing your UCAS form? It will most likely be which one you chose then :-)
Original post by Rachycartwright
Hey everyone I have an interview for adult nursing at Canterbury on the 11th March next week! Really nervous. Has anyone else got one on the same day? Xx

I've got my interview there tomorrow too! Hopefully see you there!
Reply 30
Hey there! :smile:

Good luck to everyone who has their interviews! I'd say you's are well nervous but it's exciting so! I have my interview on the 8th of April, I'm coming over from Ireland, so I'm starting to stress hence why i'm up so late!! Let me know how you's al do :smile:

xxx
Reply 31
Hey girls

To all of you that had your interview today, I hope it went really well and you're feeling positive :-)

Keep in touch! Once all the offers start coming in we should set up a private Facebook group to get to know
one another for September!!! I'm nervous for my interview on Monday but equally excited too! I've waited for more than 16 years for this moment!
Hey girls

To all of you that had your interview today, I hope it went really well and you're feeling positive :-)

Keep in touch! Once all the offers start coming in we should set up a private Facebook group to get to know
one another for September!!! I'm nervous for my interview on Monday but equally excited too! I've waited for more than 16 years for this moment!

Don't be nervous! Honestly it's the nicest interview I've been to, they made everyone feel so relaxed and were so helpful :-)
Maths and english tests were fairly easy I thought, the maths was just standard questions but you have a calculator which was good. English was fine, just had to write a brief essay on one of two topics.
The group interview was fine, we just had to watch a video and then discuss it and the individual interviews lasted about 20 minutes and were just standard interview questions :-)
Good luck!
Xx
Reply 33
Original post by mollie_jacobs
Don't be nervous! Honestly it's the nicest interview I've been to, they made everyone feel so relaxed and were so helpful :-)
Maths and english tests were fairly easy I thought, the maths was just standard questions but you have a calculator which was good. English was fine, just had to write a brief essay on one of two topics.
The group interview was fine, we just had to watch a video and then discuss it and the individual interviews lasted about 20 minutes and were just standard interview questions :-)
Good luck!
Xx

Ahh thanks for the encouragement. I just want the day to come now :-)

Were there many/any that failed the tests and were sent home? That is my nightmare scenario!
Ahh thanks for the encouragement. I just want the day to come now :-)

Were there many/any that failed the tests and were sent home? That is my nightmare scenario!

OnlY 3 failed the tests and there were 40 of us there so not many at all, the pass mark was relatively low, 6/15 for the maths and 10/24 for the english which wasn't hard to get, I got 14 for the maths and I'm not all that good at it
Reply 35
Original post by mollie_jacobs
OnlY 3 failed the tests and there were 40 of us there so not many at all, the pass mark was relatively low, 6/15 for the maths and 10/24 for the english which wasn't hard to get, I got 14 for the maths and I'm not all that good at it

Those poor three people. My worst nightmare!

I just can't wait to get in there now :-)
Reply 36
Original post by oxlaur1
Hey there! :smile:

Good luck to everyone who has their interviews! I'd say you's are well nervous but it's exciting so! I have my interview on the 8th of April, I'm coming over from Ireland, so I'm starting to stress hence why i'm up so late!! Let me know how you's al do :smile:

xxx

I have my interview on 8th April too, so see you there!
Reply 37
Hey girls

Good luck for tomorrow 😃
Reply 38
Original post by AngeB
Good luck for tomorrow 😃

Ahh, thanks sweet pea 😄

I am looking forward to it. No nerves yet, but they might arrive in the morning! 😜
Reply 39
Ahh, thanks sweet pea 😄

I am looking forward to it. No nerves yet, but they might arrive in the morning! 😜

I hope all went well for you today 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending