The Student Room Group
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website

I want to buy a bicycle to take with me to CCC University, as I know it will be helpful and save me a lot of money. However, I am just wondering if anyone knows if there are any indoor places in the accommodation where I can store my bicycle when I am not using it? As I don't want it to get rusty from the rain outside.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by poppylwilson
I want to buy a bicycle to take with me to CCC University, as I know it will be helpful and save me a lot of money. However, I am just wondering if anyone knows if there are any indoor places in the accommodation where I can store my bicycle when I am not using it? As I don't want it to get rusty from the rain outside.

Hi Poppy,

There are sheltered bike storages at Petros, Pin Hill and Lanfranc. Main campus and Augustine House both have lockable pods that bike can be stored in.

There is also discounted bus travel and most things are within walking distance as well.

If we can help with anything else just ask,

- Luke :smile:
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury
Visit website

Avoid this university like the plague. You absolutely will not get value for money.
This is great, thank you.

I do have another question, if it's not too much trouble.

I am planning on getting accommodation in the 8-Bedroom Standard, Riverside Novel Student Accommodation. And I was wondering if the bathroom is private, or if it will have to be shared with the other 7 students in the accommodation? If so, please can you direct me towards accommodation with a private en suite bathroom.

That would be a great help,
Thank you.
Original post by CCCUOfficial
Hi Poppy,

There are sheltered bike storages at Petros, Pin Hill and Lanfranc. Main campus and Augustine House both have lockable pods that bike can be stored in.

There is also discounted bus travel and most things are within walking distance as well.

If we can help with anything else just ask,

This is great, thank you.

I do have another question, if it's not too much trouble.

I am planning on getting accommodation in the 8-Bedroom Standard, Riverside Novel Student Accommodation. And I was wondering if the bathroom is private, or if it will have to be shared with the other 7 students in the accommodation? If so, please can you direct me towards accommodation with a private en suite bathroom.

That would be a great help,
Thank you.

Hi Poppy,

This accommodation is not part of our official halls so you will need to get in touch with the company directly here: https://novelstudent.com/canterbury/riverside/contactus

The room is likely to be en-sutie though looking at the description on this page https://novelstudent.com/canterbury/riverside/flexfloorplancomparision/0/I if you click on the image you can see a floorplan of the flat but you will need to check with the company directly to confirm.

Thanks

Reply 5
Original post by username6106333
Avoid this university like the plague. You absolutely will not get value for money.

Why is this university to be avoided ????! Please, I need to know as I am currently making a decision about which uni to go to...
Reply 6
Loooooooool
Reply 7
Original post by joshan12
Loooooooool

What's so funny ?
Original post by Happy Notes
Why is this university to be avoided ????! Please, I need to know as I am currently making a decision about which uni to go to...

Hey! We aren't sure what the original post is referring too but if you do have any questions then please do ask and we will be happy to help! :smile:

- Luke
Reply 9
Hey! We aren't sure what the original post is referring too but if you do have any questions then please do ask and we will be happy to help! :smile:

- Luke

Someone said: "Avoid this university like the plague. You absolutely will not get value for money." Why ??
Reply 10
Someone said: "Avoid this university like the plague. You absolutely will not get value for money." Why ??

might want to see what others say about the university before joining, if its bad then yea... its justified
Reply 11
How do I find out what others think tho ?
How do I find out what others think tho ?

As someone who did their degree and masters at CCCU, I'm happy to answer any questions you have. We do have some Unibuddy student ambassadors also on our website which you are welcome too get in touch with, there may even be one from the course you are interested in, there are there to give their honest opinions so would be a good place to start.

- Luke
Reply 13
As someone who did their degree and masters at CCCU, I'm happy to answer any questions you have. We do have some Unibuddy student ambassadors also on our website which you are welcome too get in touch with, there may even be one from the course you are interested in, there are there to give their honest opinions so would be a good place to start.

- Luke

Thank you! Just confused as I don't understand why anyone would say such a worrying thing if it weren't true. Starting uni is a big commitment as well as quite a change to life if you have to move up there too and would hate to make the wrong decision.
Would you mind me asking what subject you did ? Please ignore this question if you'd prefer not to say. :smile:
Reply 14
I'm looking to study Music BA (Hons).
Thank you! Just confused as I don't understand why anyone would say such a worrying thing if it weren't true. Starting uni is a big commitment as well as quite a change to life if you have to move up there too and would hate to make the wrong decision.
Would you mind me asking what subject you did ? Please ignore this question if you'd prefer not to say. :smile:

Obviously everyone can have their own opinion, and that's valid, but I'm personally not sure why they have that opinion. We cannot also confirm if someone studied here either!

Starting Uni is a HUGE commitment, I was the first from my family to go as well so I was so scared in making the move and changes but since I got here I haven't regretted a second of it! Happy to chat about it! I did my degree is Psychology (Sports & Exercise) and my MSc in Tourism and Events Management so a big change as well moving to my masters which was quite scary too. We actually do have a Music student on Unibuddy you could ask specific questions too about their experience as well, you can find them using this link (https://www.canterbury.ac.uk/study-here/student-life/join-our-community/chat-to-our-students) if you did want to have a chat, you can filter by course and find them.

If you do have any course specific questions you'd like the academic team to answer you can send us an email at [email protected] and we can get this sent on to the team for you, just say Luke asked you too get in touch! :smile:

Obviously if you have anything else I can help with here then do ask but if you have anything super specific to the course it would be worth emailing.

- Luke
Reply 16
Thank you so much, Luke! You have been very kind and helpful, appreciate it. :smile:
I can imagine that must've been daunting for you - especially being the first in your family to go to uni ! Looks like I'd be the same. Is it too personal to ask what age you were when you went to uni ? Also, how did you find it, being away from home, fitting it, new people, etc etc ? I'm ok if your answers are short, and if anything's too personal, please just ignore it.
- Bex :smile:
Thank you so much, Luke! You have been very kind and helpful, appreciate it. :smile:
I can imagine that must've been daunting for you - especially being the first in your family to go to uni ! Looks like I'd be the same. Is it too personal to ask what age you were when you went to uni ? Also, how did you find it, being away from home, fitting it, new people, etc etc ? I'm ok if your answers are short, and if anything's too personal, please just ignore it.
- Bex :smile:

I was 19 as I took a year out between school and college, weirdly though it was strange starting at that age as the majority of people are 18 so it's a different type of challenge. There are also a lot of mature students here too so no matter what age you are there will be people in the same boat as you. It's a cliché saying everyone is in the same boat but it is just so true, there are thousands of people feeling the way you are about it so all I can say is try not too over think things before you start and during University, it can be hard too do I know but there will be so many people there to support you.

I enjoyed moving away, sorta! My family actually moved out of the country at the same time so it was a strange feeling not being able to just visit home whenever I wanted but the community and people here were amazing, I mean I am still here nearly 8 years later now!

Making friends was so easy (even as an introvert like me!!!), I was actually an ambassador as well where I met a lot of my friends I graduated with, but I also am not a huge drinker so the worry was always that I wouldn't make friends as I didn't enjoy clubbing. When I started I quickly realised University is NOTHING like you see in the movies or on TV at all, it really is what you make off it.

There are also some amazing musical opportunities here! As the most non musical person this would be my face if I got involved though --> :nopity:

Reply 18
I was 19 as I took a year out between school and college, weirdly though it was strange starting at that age as the majority of people are 18 so it's a different type of challenge. There are also a lot of mature students here too so no matter what age you are there will be people in the same boat as you. It's a cliché saying everyone is in the same boat but it is just so true, there are thousands of people feeling the way you are about it so all I can say is try not too over think things before you start and during University, it can be hard too do I know but there will be so many people there to support you.

I enjoyed moving away, sorta! My family actually moved out of the country at the same time so it was a strange feeling not being able to just visit home whenever I wanted but the community and people here were amazing, I mean I am still here nearly 8 years later now!

Making friends was so easy (even as an introvert like me!!!), I was actually an ambassador as well where I met a lot of my friends I graduated with, but I also am not a huge drinker so the worry was always that I wouldn't make friends as I didn't enjoy clubbing. When I started I quickly realised University is NOTHING like you see in the movies or on TV at all, it really is what you make off it.

There are also some amazing musical opportunities here! As the most non musical person this would be my face if I got involved though --> :nopity:

Ohh, I see what you mean. This is what I've been thinking about. I'm finishing school this year so would either have to go this September at 18, or take a gap year and go next year when I'm 19. I just feel a bit unsure about university choices and also whether I'm ready to leave home for three years and I'm cutting it a bit close. Don't want to rush into anything before I've had a good think about it/considered all my options, so thinking that going next year, at 19, might be better. But the thought of feeling odd, being older than the average age has crossed my mind. I guess I won't be the only one tho - I hope ! Yess, making friends and fitting in is one of my biggest worries too. I wouldn't drink either ! lol Aww, I'm sorry to hear you're not very musical. Music is a wonderful thing. I like to think of it as the universal language. :wink: But really, it's just a HUGE passion of mine and I can't live without it. Can't even go a day without it. lol I'm a pianist btw, but also play the violin and tinker around with anything else I can get my hands on.
(Btw, that's a kinda cute face!) lol No idea how you got that !
- Bex
Ohh, I see what you mean. This is what I've been thinking about. I'm finishing school this year so would either have to go this September at 18, or take a gap year and go next year when I'm 19. I just feel a bit unsure about university choices and also whether I'm ready to leave home for three years and I'm cutting it a bit close. Don't want to rush into anything before I've had a good think about it/considered all my options, so thinking that going next year, at 19, might be better. But the thought of feeling odd, being older than the average age has crossed my mind. I guess I won't be the only one tho - I hope ! Yess, making friends and fitting in is one of my biggest worries too. I wouldn't drink either ! lol Aww, I'm sorry to hear you're not very musical. Music is a wonderful thing. I like to think of it as the universal language. :wink: But really, it's just a HUGE passion of mine and I can't live without it. Can't even go a day without it. lol I'm a pianist btw, but also play the violin and tinker around with anything else I can get my hands on.
(Btw, that's a kinda cute face!) lol No idea how you got that !
- Bex

Absolutely wait until you feel more comfortable, there is no rush at all. You could always apply for this year and then potentially defer to next year to give you some options. I wouldn't worry about feeling older, I think it was a shock too me as I didn't even think about it before going, but then someone else in my house was 28 so I'm sure it was a bit more weird for them!! Have you been to visit some universities at open days at all? We offer bespoke tours here outside of these events so it might be worth considering this or similar options are other universities if you cannot make the open days.

There are SO many different things to do if you don't drink, there's also a lot of things to do surrounding Canterbury to make sure you explore further than just the university you end up going too. It really is a super small percentage of people which give university life the image it has, there are also a ton of societies to join, most have Facebook pages you can join beforehand and get too know people as well!

Oh I love listening too it (mainly country to be honest!) but in terms of playing anything, there's no chance! Oh wow, super talented!! We have had alumni perform as our graduation ceremonies, these are in Canterbury cathedral, as well as having having lots of other opportunities to get involved with performances there as well as chances to work cross department as well in our new creative arts building :smile:

I think it looks more scared!!!! If you click the emojis there should be a 'more' section! Some really random ones! :ymca:

- Luke

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending