The Student Room Group

Gender equality in the WEST

Scroll to see replies

Original post by C_G
Two words. Critical thinking. Try and use it for once.

The majority of your posts on here seem to be passive-aggressive and insulting non-statments. If a childish and arrogant psuedo-intellectual such as yourself finds TSR such a burden why don't you **** off to Jezebel?
Original post by shadowdweller
That's how it seemed. I apologise if that wasn't your intention.

What's wrong with backchat though? Should a woman not be able to speak up for herself?

Nothing in nature is equal.

You don't backchat your boss.

The worse type of bullies are the ones who act like they are the victim and that's what I see with western women.

They have zero respect for men.

Can a woman speak up herself ? Not at the expense of man. Not to the point where she feels she can ridicule and humiliate the man.

I'm not saying Nigeria is perfect but it's more perfect than the UK in terms of gender roles. The UK with it's ever growing single mother population, women dressing half naked.

Anything God made worth something he hides. You can't get Gold and Diamonds easy. Women need to cover themselves up, stop sleeping around, stop fornicating because if you start acting like men, we will treat you like one.

Original post by AfroLiverpoolCar
Nothing in nature is equal.

You don't backchat your boss.

The worse type of bullies are the ones who act like they are the victim and that's what I see with western women.

They have zero respect for men.

Can a woman speak up herself ? Not at the expense of man. Not to the point where she feels she can ridicule and humiliate the man.

I'm not saying Nigeria is perfect but it's more perfect than the UK in terms of gender roles. The UK with it's ever growing single mother population, women dressing half naked.

Anything God made worth something he hides. You can't get Gold and Diamonds easy. Women need to cover themselves up, stop sleeping around, stop fornicating because if you start acting like men, we will treat you like one.

So why is a man so superior then? If a woman can speak up for herself, but not at a man's expense. I'm not saying men should be ridiculed, but women have just as much right to be arrogant and/or backchat.

Gender roles are overrated, frankly. If one wants to conform to them I see no issue, but it shouldn't be enforced on people.

If men can sleep around, women should not be criticised for doing the same.

But you're entitled to your own opinion, of course.
Reply 43
Original post by Algorithm69
The majority of your posts on here seem to be passive-aggressive and insulting non-statments. If a childish and arrogant psuedo-intellectual such as yourself finds TSR such a burden why don't you **** off to Jezebel?

Because I very rarely have the patience to contribute anything worthwhile and when I do it rarely gets properly noted or I just get shut down. On some occasions I recieve replies such as this.
So why is a man so superior then? If a woman can speak up for herself, but not at a man's expense. I'm not saying men should be ridiculed, but women have just as much right to be arrogant and/or backchat.

Gender roles are overrated, frankly. If one wants to conform to them I see no issue, but it shouldn't be enforced on people.

If men can sleep around, women should not be criticised for doing the same.

But you're entitled to your own opinion, of course.

In my country, women know their place but things are different in the UK.

Women have too much power and they abuse it.

There is no such thing as feminine strength. Anything and everything that is feminine is weak. A woman's primary influence is in the next generation’s and that outsourcing their biological and moral duties to a daycare center is a good idea.

Plus the UK promotes a hookup slut culture where females can opt out whenever they choose and still attract the type of men they desire
Original post by AfroLiverpoolCar
In my country, women know their place but things are different in the UK.

Women have too much power and they abuse it.

There is no such thing as feminine strength. Anything and everything that is feminine is weak. A woman's primary influence is in the next generation’s and that outsourcing their biological and moral duties to a daycare center is a good idea.

Plus the UK promotes a hookup slut culture where females can opt out whenever they choose and still attract the type of men they desire

What is their place, exactly?

Women have at best, as much power as men. Is that too much power?

Feminine =/= weak. Just as masculine =/= strong.

I'm not sure what you mean by the last point, tbh.
Reply 46
What is their place, exactly?

Women have at best, as much power as men. Is that too much power?

Feminine =/= weak. Just as masculine =/= strong.

I'm not sure what you mean by the last point, tbh.

The hilarious bit of all this is that he spends all his time on TSR whinning about the big bad "white man"and how he's so oppressed...poor darling,has an inferiority complex and needs someone,anyone,to perceive as "beneath him"-thank god for Nigerian women who have the patience to even take his crap.

i suggest you stop provoking this thing-it gets more and more annoying.
Reply 47
Original post by corax
...women will never reach equality until we are not seen as the weaker sex.

Are you saying that women are not in general weaker than men?

For sure, the issue of women demanding 'equality' when it suits them while also demanding to be treated as incapable, weak, and defenceless when that suits them has led to a lot of misandry and anti-male legal and social norms.

Original post by corax
We still live in a male dominated society were it is much harder for women to work their way up to top jobs and of course the whole thing about women getting paid less for the same role.

Rubbish. On every point.
Original post by corax
I really hope that last sentence wasn't advocating rape..

Anyway, women will never reach equality until we are not seen as the weaker sex. We still live in a male dominated society were it is much harder for women to work their way up to top jobs and of course the whole thing about women getting paid less for the same role.

But you are the weaker sex... You can deny it as much as you like, you can't change biology.
Reply 49
Original post by Spetznaaz
But you are the weaker sex... You can deny it as much as you like, you can't change biology.

I think she might have been making a reference to personality and intellect and not just physical strength
Reply 50
Original post by corax
I really hope that last sentence wasn't advocating rape..

Anyway, women will never reach equality until we are not seen as the weaker sex. We still live in a male dominated society were it is much harder for women to work their way up to top jobs and of course the whole thing about women getting paid less for the same role.

I think that the OP put some good reasons forward that go some way in explaining this trend that we see. I'd like to see you discuss them all in depth and give your opinion on them directly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending