The Student Room Group

Any korean girls? :D

Scroll to see replies

Original post by slothgenius
It's mostly the people who haven't lived in the UK for very long who do this! It's just cos Koreans are who they're comfortable with but yeah, I agree. I would prefer a much more mixed group of friends

Nah if you end up going to a school with a lot of Koreans you'll just end up bunching up with the Koreans, it's anti-diffusion.
Reply 81
It's mostly the people who haven't lived in the UK for very long who do this! It's just cos Koreans are who they're comfortable with but yeah, I agree. I would prefer a much more mixed group of friends

Ohhh what would be a good introduction line to meet some korean, anything they like? eg "have you seen...?" :smile:
Original post by kidomo
I think I am getting there:biggrin: watching all these Korean movies for the past few months have been big help! :tongue: Are you korean by any chance?

Yes but she is only 15 so hands off.
Original post by kidomo
Why do asians always stick to their own group rather than trying to be open minded and mingle with others? I've never understood this:frown:

Don't be that narrow-minded :tongue:

1. They don't (maybe it's just the Asians you know :wink: )

2. Isn't it natural to stick in friendship groups based upon mutual interest which, more often than not, can be shared within a particular culture?
Original post by kumon
Any tips on what korean girls like? :colondollar:

er I really can't be sure!... hm.. mostly quite average height, quite high cheek bones.. I dunno!:confused: you need to have seen many Koreans to know the difference
Original post by The Small Print
Nah if you end up going to a school with a lot of Koreans you'll just end up bunching up with the Koreans, it's anti-diffusion.

ah I see, what school do you go to?
Reply 85
[QUOTE="slothgenius;46545745"]
Original post by kumon
Any tips on what korean girls like? :colondollar:

er I really can't be sure!... hm.. mostly quite average height, quite high cheek bones.. I dunno!:confused: you need to have seen many Koreans to know the difference

:rofl: I meant as in their interests? :smile:
Reply 86
Original post by The Small Print

Not true their were a few koreans (who I didn't keep in contact with :frown: ) in my primary who mixed with everyone :smile:
[QUOTE="kumon;46545785"]

:rofl: I meant as in their interests? :smile:

Kpop? (at least that works for most of the Koreans I know :ahee: )
Original post by kumon
:lol: I wouldn't even attempt to go there then :tongue: What foods / crazes are popular with them? I know for example lots of british girls like the whole dreamy tublr guy and many of them like me for being friendly :smile: They have tried to take it further, but stop when they realise im ex after marriage only :lol:

lol this is funny:biggrin: it's just like with any girls in any country, everyone has their preferences. Some girls like the whole 'cute' guy thing .. or the 'bad' guy .. but mainly the girls like romantic shizzle.. I personally don't but yes, that is what they are like!
Its okay to like a culture and what not but fishing for girls online and asking help for how to get a korean girlfriend is weird. If anything it will make them repel you. Stop looking for a korean girlfriend its never gonna happen.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 90
[QUOTE="PeterTheHe;46545837"]
Original post by kumon

Kpop? (at least that works for most of the Koreans I know :ahee: )

Do the guys listen to kpop as well? I mean I'm not girly in that sense and don't really want them to think I am :tongue:
ah I see, what school do you go to?

Ain't disclosing that info, NSA are too scary. But I don't go to a school with many Koreans myself (which is a shame really I need more chingus), but a lot of my friends say the same thing. You don't go to a school with many Koreans either I'm guessing?

Original post by kumon
Not true their were a few koreans (who I didn't keep in contact with :frown: ) in my primary who mixed with everyone :smile:

Ofc not everyone just sticks with their own race, that'd be pretty boring. But a lot of Koreans tends to feel more comfortable with Koreans (And I think that's true for many in minority groups).
Original post by kumon
I'm pretty sure an 18 year old or younger korean girl hasn't gone under the knife?!

You'd be surprised.
Some of them even ask for plastic surgery as a graduation present.

Also, it's decidedly creepy the way you group them into one kind of person and actively seek them out simply because they're korean, to be honest. It's like fetishising all British girls because you met one who looks like Keira Knightley and she was really friendly.
Original post by kidomo
I think I am getting there:biggrin: watching all these Korean movies for the past few months have been big help! :tongue: Are you korean by any chance?

ye!
Reply 94
lol this is funny:biggrin: it's just like with any girls in any country, everyone has their preferences. Some girls like the whole 'cute' guy thing .. or the 'bad' guy .. but mainly the girls like romantic shizzle.. I personally don't but yes, that is what they are like!

:lol: thanks, I meant as in things that are popular with koreans, as in things to speak about? :smile:
Like british people watch eastenders and drink lots of tea, what about koreans? :biggrin:
[QUOTE="kumon;46545873"]
Original post by PeterTheHe

Do the guys listen to kpop as well? I mean I'm not girly in that sense and don't really want them to think I am :tongue:

I don't actually know :dontknow: (a quick google may help :wink: ) Anyways, aren't quite a few kpop stars really feminine men :tongue:
Original post by kumon
:lol: thanks, I meant as in things that are popular with koreans, as in things to speak about? :smile:
Like british people watch eastenders and drink lots of tea, what about koreans? :biggrin:

oh sorry! well erm I really have no idea...shows like Running man? Korean food e.g. dukkboggi meh
Reply 97
Original post by Meyrin
You'd be surprised.
Some of them even ask for plastic surgery as a graduation present.

Also, it's decidedly creepy the way you group them into one kind of person and actively seek them out simply because they're korean, to be honest. It's like fetishising all British girls because you met one who looks like Keira Knightley and she was really friendly.

Please stop offending me, if you liked someone then you would do the same. Also its not a fetish, I have said I DONT want to have intimate activity, its not a christian thing to do. Also I did have many korean friends hence this thread, but I just didn't keep in contact and they left and it was too late :frown:
[QUOTE="PeterTheHe;46545987"]
Original post by kumon

I don't actually know :dontknow: (a quick google may help :wink: ) Anyways, aren't quite a few kpop stars really feminine men :tongue:

ahahah so true
ye!

Ah ok, but the bad news is you are 15:lol:

Quick Reply

Latest