The Student Room Group

WHITE BRITISH PEOPLE: Your opinion on immigration

Scroll to see replies

The onward march of Cultural Marxism.
It will have taken 100yrs, but it will get there and amazingly the majority of people living through it wont even know it is going on.
We should all have equal rights to all land. If you trace everyone back to their country of origin, all the way back when we were single cell organisms, we all came from that massive continent - Pangaea. :smile:

Spoiler

Original post by felamaslen
Nobody's really Indian; it was a country created by the British East India company.

(That is to say, the period prior to this consisted of many different cultures and mini-empires. It was only unified in the modern era.)
IM indian. Fool
Original post by Abstraction
ll really don't know what to think about immigration. If school places, housing, etc really are short then I guess immigration should be curbed - though, being part of the EU, there's no way we can stop EU migration anyway. But I'm highly skeptical of how much of a problem immigration really is. People don't realise that politicians earn a great deal of political capital by hyping up immigration. Of course most people will be scared about immigration; the government have done such a great job shoving it in their face and blaming the lack of jobs on the nasty brown/weirdly-named foreigner down the road. People aren't even sure how the ONS statistics are calculated, and I'm sure any government will find it easy enough to tweak figures.

And all this talk of immigration is a distraction anyway. There is more than enough wealth for everyone in this country, but of course it will not be fairly distributed anytime soon. Rising levels of poverty, families going to food banks, materialism, selfishness, distrust, psychopaths running rampant in government and on the street, the poor paying for the mistakes of the rich, water and gas utilities relentlessly raising prices...one could go on and on. These are problems which should, and can, be fixed in good time by a government that really wanted to. But no, all they need to do is say "look, an immigrant taking your job!", "look, the EU stealing our sovereignty!", " look, rich and pretty royals getting married!" and we all turn our heads. Wake up people, there are way more serious problems around.

This

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 64
I'm from Birmingham so used to it. I don't see it as a problem at all.
Reply 65
Original post by Ornlu
We shall infiltr8z all dem landz :colone:

Original post by majmuh24
Asian takeover, back me up fellow brown people ;p

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bare letting our secret out :tongue:
Reply 66
Original post by Kutta

Bare letting our secret out :tongue:

What does it matter? This is war :rolleyes:

Original post by Ribbit1234
IM indian. Fool

Don't take it personally; all I was saying was that India is a region which historically has been very culturally diverse; on a similar level to Europe, say. Hence why upon independence it just broke up into different countries.

I originally mentioned Australians since Australian culture has its heritage in Britain. Whereas the culture(s) that exist in the modern country of India do not have their roots in Pakistan.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by felamaslen
Don't take it personally; all I was saying was that India is a region which historically has been very culturally diverse; on a similar level to Europe, say. Hence why upon independence it just broke up into different countries.

I originally mentioned Australians since Australian culture has its heritage in Britain. Whereas the culture(s) that exist in the modern country of India do not have their roots in Pakistan.

Actually India is a continent, not a country.
Original post by _Morsey_
Being in rural Wales this issue really doesn't have much impact in my area (internal migration is the biggest issue (second homes etc.)), however that being said, in terms of a country i believe there has to be some form of limit into what we can allow in the country, or at least some form of restrictions without trying to be harsh and discriminating.

Immigration needs to work both ways and in most cases it does, but as Lawyer Girl said, if they come here and have low paid jobs and jump onto the welfare system, then for me it becomes an issue.

For me though, the biggest issue is people immigrating and not embracing the British culture. Where children and some schools reaching a point where English isn't a first language (i think it was reported it is estimated there are hundreds where for 70% pupils, English isn't their first language). People shouldn't be allowed to come here, breed and send their children off to school without being to speak English. I am not being anti-linguistic here, but if you come to our country you shouldn't expect us to have to pay for people to teach you our language. I want to be able to walk around all of Britain and feel comfortable that i can speak to anybody in the Queens English and get a response in the Queens English.

I very much agree with SilenceYouBeast in that people being allowed to come here is a privilege, sadly one that far too many have abused.

Why would the first language matter? As long as people can speak English they'll be fine, it doesn't matter if it's their 1st or 10th language.
Reply 70
Original post by SuperDuperNoob
The UK was 91% white in 2001

In 2011 it was 87%

In 2021 it is projected to be about 80%, and with Scotland gone, even less... white British will make up about 70% of the population

The white British population of London is already below 45%

:eek3:

It's interesting. A Pew Global Attitudes survey a few years ago suggested the majority in every one of the 47 countries (developed and developing) wanted less immigration.

The fact that seems to be ignored suggests politicians are effectively beholden to big business, and or are simply corrupt. It also suggests there is scope for parties that will actually protect the interests of the existing majority to develop.

Another factor is that Europeans wanting to be a majority in their traditional countries is pathologised, while it is seen as normal elsewhere - e.g. the Dalai Lama being concerned about Tibetans becoming a minority is treated respectfully by The Guardian.

The Dalai Lama claimed yesterday that Beijing was planning the mass settlement of 1 million ethnic Chinese people in Tibet after the Olympics with the aim of diluting Tibetan culture and identity.
The UK has a remarkable ability to attract human capital of all kinds, and at all levels; this is to be expected of a country that has staked a claim to land on every continent, whose language is the foremost for all types of international communication, and despite a relative decline on the international stage over the past century, is somewhat safer from foreign intervention than certain Eurasian countries in the news at the moment. Before anybody says anything about people "stealing our jobs" whilst earning money that is then largely, erm, spent on goods and services in the UK, remember the things that the UK has "acquired" from other countries. There is no Kenyan equivalent of the British Museum containing, say, the Stone of Scone.

London does of course have a larger proportion of foreigners or second / third generation immigrants of different ethnicities; but that is to be expected of a world city, one of only a handful in the world. If people in this country want to have the opportunity to work in New York, or Paris, or Tokyo; then surely it is hypocritical to deny an equivalent opportunity to foreigners. I find it strange how many people who adhere to free market neo-liberal economic principles are all in favour of foreign investment and the movement of capital, but are somehow less keen on the movement of human capital, unless accompanied by a Centurion Card.

In terms of language, there are plenty of foreign students I know with a far firmer grasp of English than some of the ethnic English people I went to school with. And there are plenty of British people in Spain with only a rudimentary grasp of Spanish, one of the world's most used languages.

In terms of culture, I think the flow between the UK and the world has been slightly more outwards than inwards; as demonstrated by the "God-fearing" homophobes of some African states who seem to regard homosexuality as a benign Western influence, whilst conveniently forgetting about the white missionaries who introduced their forefathers to Christianity in the first place...

Of course the UK is densely populated compared with, say, the US, but a lot of the population is crammed into the south east. Liverpool has lost almost half its population since World War II; so why not allow regional authorities to integrate the city with Manchester on a transport / economic level; give more tax raising powers on a local level (reducing LA dependence of central funding), and have less of a gulf between London and the other major cities? Oh, wait, our Coalition scrapped the regional level of planning and government in England...

Furthermore, the UK has an aging population, and unlike British retirees who go to Spain or Thailand; most of the immigrants to the UK are young, and for the EU citizens, typically only stay for a few years before returning home.

So overall I have a generally positive view on immigration, because I wouldn't want anywhere else putting up more punitive barriers to prevent me working overseas.
Reply 72
Original post by Ribbit1234
Australians arent British. Thats like saying Pakistanis are indian

Didn't all Australians come from Britain... unlike america where they came from all over Europe

So technically they're ethnically british... you know just to be awkward.
Original post by SuperDuperNoob
The UK was 91% white in 2001

In 2011 it was 87%

In 2021 it is projected to be about 80%, and with Scotland gone, even less... white British will make up about 70% of the population

The white British population of London is already below 45%

:eek3:

I really do not care. :s-smilie:
Original post by SilenceYouBeast
I don't have a problem with anyone that's genuinely interested in coming here because they like it or want to better themselves :smile: . I like other cultures and don't mind seeing them in the UK, just the minority that ruin it for everyone.
It will be interesting to see what happens by 2030 :O
The thought police have made it a hate crime to resist cultural and ethnic genocide of not just British but all European people.Explain this, why are only countries with a predomnant white population forced to become multicultral?Who came up with the multicultral melting pot and what does it mean? cultures don't melt and it's nothing to do with culture it's about a multi ethnic society.But the agenda here is to replace Europe's population with those of another race.This is genocide itself, and I don't hate immigrants who come here I hate our governments who are doing this to us.Multiculturalism is tactic of genocide please youtube multicultural a tactic of white genocide and see them admit it in their own words.Zionist occupied government's, as long as we keep electing the same corrupt parties we'll never have real change. They pretend to be against mass immigration but as the recent immigration figures have shown the Conservatives have done nothing!
Look at it this way. Israel is a Jewish state and they're allowed to say that Jews can do whatever is necessary to keep Israel a Jewish majority but it's not considered racist by the system they've created. If the same applied to whites then Europe should be a white state but that's not what the Jews want. They boast that they'll mix whites with the darker races so that white children wont be born and we'll die out. Do people know all this? of course not. They support Israel for Jews only while preach the wonders of diversity and multiculturalism but only in white peoples homelands.Recently they deported a load of blacks in Israel to Sweden.Cameron is part Askenazi ancestry and Jewish enough to be allowed into Israel.Imagine if Europe said you couldn't come here because you are not white it's the same bloody thing!
Original post by redferry
I'm from Birmingham so used to it. I don't see it as a problem at all.

Fellow Brummie here. Me too I'm not fussed, I know there's one saddo out there that spends his whole day researching immigration statistics.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 78
Original post by Kruz
Fellow Brummie here. Me too I'm not fussed, I know there's one saddo out there that spends his whole day researching immigration statistics.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you left for uni yet? Freaked me out leaving to live in majority white Bristol lol.
Original post by redferry
Have you left for uni yet? Freaked me out leaving to live in majority white Bristol lol.

Yeah I'm leaving in September to go to Liverpool. I'm looking forward to it, 19 years here I need a change. Liverpool University is very mixed.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending