The Student Room Group

Why do people think "first world problems" are not important?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Good for you. You do realise the reason I come over so confrontational is because I'm sick of having to deal with idiots like the ones on here? I'm perfectly reasonable but people on here are ****ing ridiculous

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I agree there are many ridiculous guys on here who have all sorts of ridiculous opinions on girls. But you're no better tbh. All your posts are designed to be as confrontational as possible, and that helps no one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LightBlueSoldier
Well I agree there are many ridiculous guys on here who have all sorts of ridiculous opinions on girls. But you're no better tbh. All your posts are designed to be as confrontational as possible, and that helps no one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Originally I used to be a lot nicer and debate on here but tbh I got sick of the comments and nastiness I'd receive. Does it help? Probably not but at least it gives them a taste of their own

Posted from TSR Mobile
Because most of them aren't. When people talk about 'first world problems', they don't normally mean things like gender inequality - they're talking about people having a ****ing nervous breakdown over someone they don't know saying something a bit nasty. Far too many people get stressed about stuff that really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things
Original post by Eveiebaby
Hear, hear!

Good or bad "Hear, Hear!"? Just the lack of tone makes it difficult to tell :tongue:
Original post by Doppelgänger
Good or bad "Hear, Hear!"? Just the lack of tone makes it difficult to tell :tongue:

Can 'hear hear' even be bad? :lol:
I think you're confusing actual problems with the so called 'first world problems'.
Original post by shadowdweller
Can 'hear hear' even be bad? :lol:

Depending on tone of voice, then hell yes it can. Also, the lack of rep to accompany the "Hear, Hear!" makes it even harder to tell if it is positive or sarcastic :tongue:
Depending on tone of voice, then hell yes it can. Also, the lack of rep to accompany the "Hear, Hear!" makes it even harder to tell if it is positive or sarcastic :tongue:

Ever the optimist :lol:
I sort of think of first world problems as really trivial like not being able to reach the TV remote and having to get up. Things that are easily solved.
Original post by shadowdweller
Ever the optimist :lol:

Aha I like to publicly portray myself as a realist. Zip it! You're revealing way to much :wink:
Aha I like to publicly portray myself as a realist. Zip it! You're revealing way to much :wink:

Sorry :innocent:
Reply 151
I'd quite like a response to my post :smile:

and good job to timmyportella, redferry, sophia, and dat other guy for calming the thread down earlier with some good random banter!
This entire thread is a first world problem :tongue:
Original post by samba
I'd quite like a response to my post :smile:

and good job to timmyportella, redferry, sophia, and dat other guy for calming the thread down earlier with some good random banter!

And why's calming it down such a good thing? This is an Internet forum at the end of the day, not a tea party. Arguments are what fuel this site
Reply 154
Original post by MrSupernova
And why's calming it down such a good thing? This is an Internet forum at the end of the day, not a tea party. Arguments are what fuel this site

Because arguments of this nature, constructed by the clueless, are banal in the extreme.
Original post by samba
Because arguments of this nature, constructed by the clueless, are banal in the extreme.

So is "random banter" tbh, isn't that what the chat section *shudder* is for?
Reply 156
Original post by MrSupernova
So is "random banter" tbh, isn't that what the chat section *shudder* is for?

Comparatively, no. A cool head is pretty essential for decent debate. Especially if it's a topic you're passionate about.
Have you seen 3rd worlders these days? Look at those hordes outside the apple store on Boxing Day, some of the fattest brownest ***** you ever could see. Open unashamed greed, no politeness or queuing etiquette just barge in grab the latest bling and sod off back to Wembley.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending