The Student Room Group

90% of WIKIPEDIA contributors are men

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jamieTT
If we can conclude that men and women are different because of nature (with some exceptions) then we can stop blaming society for the lack of female CEO's and engineers.

You want to conclude this because of a survey with unknown bias on who edits wikipedia?

I think men and women are different in ways caused by nature (mostly reproductive and hormonal). I believe that this may make them more suitable for certain jobs. But it doesn't mean we don't have (or haven't had until fairly recently) equality of opportunity, both from a societal and a logistical standpoint.
Original post by scrotgrot
I expect girls see it as a bit of a waste of time, we all know guys have more obsessive, goal-directed hobbies and it's very likely editing Wikipedia is an example.

If my girlfriend is anything to go by that's probably true. She hates when I read Wikipedia and doesn't understand why I donated.

Now she's playing some Candy Crush rip-off. Guess different strokes for different folks.
Reply 82
Original post by Studentus-anonymous
If my girlfriend is anything to go by that's probably true. She hates when I read Wikipedia and doesn't understand why I donated.

Now she's playing some Candy Crush rip-off. Guess different strokes for different folks.

My girlfriend only uses wikipedia when it suits her own arguments :colone:

I love wikipedia on long night shifts when I have a lot of time to kill. What other website could you go from reading about Adolf Hitler, and 5 hours later eventually end up reading about Canadian theatre actors?

But trying to edit it is a nightmare filled with know-it-all neckbeards.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by JamesyC
My girlfriend only uses wikipedia when it suits her own arguments :colone:

I love wikipedia on long night shifts when I have a lot of time to kill. What other website could you go from reading about Adolf Hitler, and 5 hours later eventually end up reading about Canadian theatre actors?

But trying to edit it is a nightmare filled with know-it-all neckbeards.

Yes the know-it-all neckbeards are a constant problem.
Who cares?
A lot of it is history. And girls don't like history much. It's a boy thing lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending