The Student Room Group

DSA Advice

Hi, on my application (which has been approved) I put that I wanted the DSA form. However, my diagnosis has changed. I have underactive thyroid & pernicious anaemia as opposed to ME/CFS. Is there any point in filling out the form? Also, my doctor thinks I'd benefit a lot at university by having one of those SAD lamps. What is your advice?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Moved to Disabled Students
Reply 2
Original post by KernowGirl
Hi, on my application (which has been approved) I put that I wanted the DSA form. However, my diagnosis has changed. I have underactive thyroid & pernicious anaemia as opposed to ME/CFS. Is there any point in filling out the form? Also, my doctor thinks I'd benefit a lot at university by having one of those SAD lamps. What is your advice?

If the symptoms would still affect your ability to study, then yes, you can still get help via DSA. The assessment is based on your difficulties, rather than your specific medical diagnosis.

However you probably won't get funding for a SAD lamp. DSA covers equipment and faciltiies which will directly assist with study. It won't cover equipment which is basically going to improve your health.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending