The Student Room Group

AQA Economics Unit 4 (ECON4) 10th June 2014

For AQA Unit 4.

Feelings on this exam? Any predictions on what may come up?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
My teacher thinks it will be something to do with Scottish Independance or on poverty and inequality as its been a while since that came up
I still feel like I dont know anything for this exam lol, but I guess everyone feels that way :smile:
What does your teacher think will come up?
Not feeling good for this exam at all.

Gonna spend next week doing notes and revising it all.

Anyone got any good resources for it?
Reply 3
I just use the s-cool website which seems to be very useful and concise for Unit 4. My teachers suggested that immigration could come up, what do you think to that? :smile:
Reply 4
For this essay:

"Discuss the possible contribution of supply-side reforms to achieving an improvement in
the UK balance of trade in goods." (25 Marks)

Would I set it out as:
Paragraph 1: contribution of SS reforms
Paragraph 2: another factor for the contribution of SS reforms (then evaluate SS reforms, such as time lags)
Paragraph 3: against SS reforms (depreciation of £, then evaluate this - J-curve)
Paragraph 4: against SS reforms (import control, or expenditure reducing policies, then evaluate these - loss of welfare and lower standard of living, respectively)

Or would I have 2 paragaphs of the SS reforms, and then evaluate the SS reforms, and then say whether SS reforms are good or not.
Original post by A193
For this essay:

"Discuss the possible contribution of supply-side reforms to achieving an improvement in
the UK balance of trade in goods." (25 Marks)

Would I set it out as:
Paragraph 1: contribution of SS reforms
Paragraph 2: another factor for the contribution of SS reforms (then evaluate SS reforms, such as time lags)
Paragraph 3: against SS reforms (depreciation of £, then evaluate this - J-curve)
Paragraph 4: against SS reforms (import control, or expenditure reducing policies, then evaluate these - loss of welfare and lower standard of living, respectively)

Or would I have 2 paragaphs of the SS reforms, and then evaluate the SS reforms, and then say whether SS reforms are good or not.

The former way seems like a more detailed alternative to the latter way; I'd recommend the former (although be wary of time constraints!).

Thought this thread could do with a bump. Let's hope we get some more people in asap! :tongue:
Reply 6
I don't know about you but I tend to focus less on my structure now, even though it is important and just ensuring that I'm answering the question, well applied and good evaluation

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Yes my teacher said Scottish independence is likely to come up as they usually include questions that is currently on the news and there won't be another chance to put this question in

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Welp...I'm not a fan of Unit 4.
Reply 9
All onto ECON4 now haha! Let it begin

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
****ting my pants after Unit 3. Going to have to aim for 100% to try and balance that ****fight out.
Original post by Joe909
****ting my pants after Unit 3. Going to have to aim for 100% to try and balance that ****fight out.

Same. :tongue:
Reply 12
Original post by Joe909

Hahaha everyones thought right now!
Now I can focus on ECON4 :lol:
Can anyone tell me why GNP=GDP=GNI? Cause they all include different things like net property income from abroad so don't get how they're the same?
Reply 15
Anyone got any econ4 model essays?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by ECBU14
Anyone got any econ4 model essays?

Posted from TSR Mobile

This would be nice
What would be the most effective way to revise from now until the exam?
Original post by Student296
What would be the most effective way to revise from now until the exam?

I find writing essay plans and learning evaluative points & key diagrams quite good :smile:
Original post by itssimplyme
I find writing essay plans and learning evaluative points & key diagrams quite good :smile:

Do you do these from the book, online videos or mark schemes? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending