The Student Room Group

93% of straight guys have spooned another guy

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MostUncivilised
What are you, 12 years old?

Grow up

I'm 18 actually , I just don't see why there is just so much pro homosexuality propaganda these days that wants to convince us we are all homosexuals inside . I'm all for equality in every sense of the word , but don't you dare try to convince me i'm a homosexual denialist and by being straight i'm denying my homosexual urges.
Original post by Caedus
Bingo. I know quite a few gay guys and none of them would class me as anything another other than heterosexual.

Most definitely. I messed around with some straight guys at school. In situations, like prison, boarding school etc, that is not uncommon.

It would be unusual for straight guys to go all the way, but mutual masturbation, circle jerks, is pretty normal

The issue is when you imply that somebody is a "militant heterosexual" or even a closet-homosexual, just because they would never partake in those activities. I'm neither of those things. I'm perfectly comfortable with my sexuality and with the sexuality of other people. If you want to kiss other men, that's cool. But to me, no matter how drunk I was or how much of a joke it was, I couldn't kiss another guy any more than I could kiss a member of my immediate family. I just would never contemplate it.
Most definitely. I messed around with some straight guys at school. In situations, like prison, boarding school etc, that is not uncommon.

It would be unusual for straight guys to go all the way, but mutual masturbation, circle jerks, is pretty normal

Then they're not straight

simple as that

Original post by Caedus
I don't think you quite realise that the main pre-requisite to being bisexual is fancying both sexes. I like girls, as I may have mentioned before.

So for you, you're with your male friends deciding what to do and a bit of kissy-kissy is on the cards, like playing some basketball or going out to eat?

It's cool man, but not straight
Reply 83
Original post by yo radical one
So for you, you're with your male friends deciding what to do and a bit of kissy-kissy is on the cards, like playing some basketball or going out to eat?

I don't think you can swing it any other way, it's definitely straight. If I was gay or bisexual I would certainly admit it—I've nothing to hide.

Anyway, it has been a pleasure, gentlemen. I'm now off to eye up Ronaldo in the RM/BM match.

Spoiler

Original post by Caedus
I don't think you can swing it any other way, it's definitely straight. If I was gay or bisexual I would certainly admit it—I've nothing to hide.

Anyway, it has been a pleasure, gentlemen. I'm now off to eye up Ronaldo in the RM/BM match.

Spoiler

Hey enjoy yourself bigboy

:wink:
Well, lookie here. A sample size which is bigger than the one in the "study" and it seems to completely contradict the article :holmes:
All the guys I know would probably answer yes to this, I don't see the problem, only the guys who are insecure about their sexuality would be like "ha gayyy" nothing wrong with hugging a friend

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Architecture-er
...it's cuddling and pressing your penis into another man's ass, that's pretty intimate

I didn't think about the penis bit..
As a girl I don't have that problem :tongue:.
And the other 7% haven't been to prison yet.
Original post by Jaegon Targaryen
I'm 18 actually

All the more embarassing for you that your views are so much akin to a knuckle-dragging throwback.

I just don't see why there is just so much pro homosexuality propaganda these days that wants to convince us we are all homosexuals inside

What a load of absolute crap. When someone starts ranting and raving about "homosexual propaganda", their credibility dies. End of story.
Original post by e aí rapaz
The issue is when you imply that somebody is a "militant heterosexual" or even a closet-homosexual, just because they would never partake in those activities

When did I do that? You said that straight guys at your school had messed around with one another, I pointed out that I had messed around with guys at school. What precisely is the issue here?

I'm neither of those things. I'm perfectly comfortable with my sexuality and with the sexuality of other people. If you want to kiss other men, that's cool. But to me, no matter how drunk I was or how much of a joke it was, I couldn't kiss another guy any more than I could kiss a member of my immediate family. I just would never contemplate it

That's absolutely fine, who is trying to force you to kiss a guy? I must have missed it.

What is "militantly heterosexual" in a way I find vaguely suspicious is when a straight guy starts telling other straight guys what they're sexuality is. Nobody has suggested you're not heterosexual for not wanting to kiss a guy, what they are suggesting is that when someone takes a huge issue with what another straight guy chooses to do, that is unpleasant and discreditable
(edited 9 years ago)

You seem to have a bit of a problem with Caedus, and with the idea that heterosexual guys can experiment a bit. You're not the dictator of sexuality, you're not allowed to say what is and is not acceptable for other people to do.

It is absolutely justifiable and permissible for a straight guy to kiss another guy. It would appear he did, and he neither liked it nor disliked it. I don't see why some guys find that so threatening.
Reply 92
Yer I have, and last time I checked I like girls.
Study: 93% of straight British men have spooned with another guy

I have to say, I'm a bit skeptical of that figure. I wouldn't be surprised if maybe half had, but 90%+?

that stat is wrong. END OF.
Then they're not straight

simple as that

You're wrong, simple as that. It's well understood in academic circles and by the medical and psychological professions that situational or experimental homosexuality is not inconsistent with heterosexuality.

For example, in prison heterosexual men have sex with other men, but do not do so when outside prison. And some heterosexual men experiment with other guys and decide its not for them.

I think it's highly suspect that you take it so personally when other straight guys do these things. Why is that?
When did I do that? You said that straight guys at your school had messed around with one another, I pointed out that I had messed around with guys at school. What precisely is the issue here?

That's absolutely fine, who is trying to force you to kiss a guy? I must have missed it.

What is "militantly heterosexual" in a way I find vaguely suspicious is when a straight guy starts telling other straight guys what they're sexuality is. Nobody has suggested you're not heterosexual for not wanting to kiss a guy, what they are suggesting is that when someone takes a huge issue with what another straight guy chooses to do, that is unpleasant and discreditable

You're confused cos I quoted two people in the post you're quoting. I also never said anything about guys at my school.

Don't worry about it.
Original post by e aí rapaz
You're confused cos I quoted two people in the post you're quoting. I also never said anything about guys at my school.

Don't worry about it.

Nope. You replied to both of us, and I'm responding to your entire comment, including what you said to Caedus. When did he, or I, say you must kiss a guy or your sexuality is under suspicion? If I'm the confused one, why did you add me to that comment? Or is it that you're confused? Or indeed frustrated when someone calls you out?
Original post by JulietheCat
Well, lookie here. A sample size which is bigger than the one in the "study" and it seems to completely contradict the article :holmes:

Yes! Our own sample size already exceeds the study's sample size.

Interestingly, it would appear that there is a substantial minority of straight men have done this, which is in line with what I expected.
You're wrong, simple as that. It's well understood in academic circles and by the medical and psychological professions that situational or experimental homosexuality is not inconsistent with heterosexuality.

For example, in prison heterosexual men have sex with other men, but do not do so when outside prison. And some heterosexual men experiment with other guys and decide its not for them.

I think it's highly suspect that you take it so personally when other straight guys do these things. Why is that?

I'm not taking it personally, I've never had a gay experience, I believe lots of supposedly "straight" guys are maybe slightly bi, I do think that sexuality is maybe a spectrum and maybe I am the outlier and that being open to some gay fun is normal. I don't mind, I have nothing against it, that's up to them, but if you have a slight homosexual desire (including using men as "substitutes" for women), then you are not totally straight.
Nope. You replied to both of us, and I'm responding to your entire comment, including what you said to Caedus. When did he, or I, say you must kiss a guy or your sexuality is under suspicion? If I'm the confused one, why did you add me to that comment? Or is it that you're confused? Or indeed frustrated when someone calls you out?

I'm not frustrated at all :confused:. You're the one who seems to be trying to make an argument. Maybe cos you've got other people quoting you and arguing with you and whatnot.

My post about people implying straight people were militantly so, or were closet-homosexuals was aimed at the other guy, and I never said anything about having to kiss a man to prove your sexuality. So clearly you are confused.

Like I said, don't worry about it. Move on.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending