The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Biology Unit 1

Anyone else on here doing this exam?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Me... I feel like I am going to fail unit 1 and get an A in unit 2 /: FML!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
I've barely started revising.
I am fine with Unit 1, i am perfect on Topic 2, but the Cystic Fibrosis thing catches me out a lot! And on Topic 1, i get confused easily on the blood clotting process. The books diagram makes no sense at all.
I am! The data questions are going to be the death of me :cry2:
Reply 5
Original post by cerlohee
I am! The data questions are going to be the death of me :cry2:

Ugh the data questions are horrible. :frown:

Original post by particlestudent
i get confused easily on the blood clotting process. The books diagram makes no sense at all.

Which book are you working from? mine were equally unhelpful, I spent ages trying to figure out blood clotting, ended up just watching every youtube video I could find on the topic and I think I've kind of got it now.
Reply 6
I think I'm fine with unit 1 apart from the core practical about enzyme concentration :/
Original post by particlestudent
I am fine with Unit 1, i am perfect on Topic 2, but the Cystic Fibrosis thing catches me out a lot! And on Topic 1, i get confused easily on the blood clotting process. The books diagram makes no sense at all.

Do you understand them now? I can explain them if you like. :smile:
Can someone please remind me of the core practicals ?
Reply 9
Original post by mallin2009
Can someone please remind me of the core practicals ?

Effect of caffeine on the heart rate of daphnia,

Measuring Vitamin c concentration,

Investigating cell membrane permeability of beetroot,

How changing enzyme concentration effects the rate of a reaction.

I do AQA and to be honest it's a lot easier ... But with a lot of revision you can do great

If suggest using www.cram.com for flash cards you can get a variety and they are great to use to refresh your knowledge
Me. !! :wink::redface::confused::eek:
Exams are tiring!
I'm resitting this unit :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
My advice is use cram.com they have amazing flash cards you can use for revision for almost any subjects you can even make your own
I keep getting high Bs in my Biology mock exams but I know I can get an A!!! I Just hope I can go over Unit 1 in the next two days - I've gone over this throughout the year so I know I'll be fine but I pray there's no questions that catch me out - there always is :'(
Reply 16
My weak point seems to be the apolipoproteins! really hoping we don't get a question on them, and my revision guide doesn't even seem to cover them, although my textbook does,
Also need to go over cystic fibrosis treatments. :/
Reply 17
I have realized that most questions are mostly based on practicals and the actual knowledge is actually incorporated in the questions e.g. why do you have wash the beetroot when cut and you have to day to wash off excess dye after cutting the beetroot and damaging the membrane , releasing dye
Reply 18
How ready are you guys?
Reply 19
Original post by Monki1
How ready are you guys?

Hard to tell, what do you all think might come up?
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending