The Student Room Group

I have 0 sympathy for Elliot Rodgers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
A lot of people have simple answers to this and say he could have done this or that but what many people don't realize is people who do such things have been enduring a lot of pain for a long time to the point where they start to justify taking people's lives as revenge. I mean this kid got bullied countlessly at university and the fact he had aspegers probably made him feel even worse than he already was and hence exposed him to high levels of anxiety. It's really unfortunate something like this happened.

It's difficult to say whether or not you would have done this if you were in the exact same position and endured the same pain, everybody has different reactions however deciding to take someone's innocent life was not right indeed.
(edited 9 years ago)
I do think male loneliness is a hidden problem. You’d rather be called a drug pusher than be labelled as a guy who can’t get girls. There are a ton of young guys going through this. It’s not just an American phenomenon. I’ve seen guys at uni from Asia going through it too. It happens in Europe. I’ve had guys from Africa talk about being frustrated and hopeless with women.

Everything from about how excluded they are, to how everyone else has done this to them, to how much enjoyment everyone else is getting out of his or her life and how they are the only one who isn’t a part of things.

What he and they MISS is that those other people who they think are in the ‘in crowd’ are working just as hard as him to fit in they all are fighting to win at dating and mating and popularity and life JUST as hard.

But every time an Elliot Rodger case happens, the news media acts like it’s some shocking event, and that the perpetrator is a monster who cannot be related to.
The problem though isn’t that he isn’t relatable he was, if you take a moment to understand where he’s coming from.

The problem is that he didn't take the time to relate to others himself and this is the source of all the woes that men in his position go through. Everyone else is suffering. They’re all confused and unsure.

Frankly, I wish someone would’ve put me in the car right next to Elliot Rodger when he was filming that YouTube video. I would’ve smacked him in the face, then immediately taken him on a night out to a bar or club and had him kissing a girl within an hour or two

Because it’s numbers game. You chat 10, 20 women up, one will say yes “O, but that’s hard work”, well anything that God made worth something he hides, you can’t find Gold, Diamonds or Oil easy and obviously getting sex was even more important than Gold or Diamonds to Eliot, after all the pain he went through trying to get it.

So why not put the effort in ?

You chat up women on the street, on a train, where ever, it never stops, does not have to a big huge “Can I buy ya a drink” just small talk, with no end goal in site
He should have stopped waiting for something and quit blaming other people, and got out there and go make his life better.

There are men out there who are in wheel chairs, who are blind, deaf, who are facially disfigured but they have found partners (Not that there is anything wrong with them whatsoever but there people who have way more challenges in finding someone than Elliot)

It isn’t some kind of game where he is the only player. EVERYONE is a player. And the ones who are winning are winning because they’ve figured out what it takes to win.
If he’d just hung in there a few more years he would’ve been up to your EYEBALLS in p*ssy, I guarantee it!”

6 innocent people are dead now and he’s killed himself too because he couldn’t wait.

Elliot got shot down by the women he liked but Elliot failed to realize is that we get to say if it happens and there are no consequences to men if it does happen and we can try and make happen 24-7 and no-one will label us as easy.

Women have to wait. Men do. I’d much rather be the person that makes it happen, rather than someone who has to wait for it happen

This guy was from well off background and not a bad looking guy and that was one of his problems

His privileged upbringing made him weak and unable to cope with setbacks, so when women rejected him, he fell apart so this killing was the only he knew to restore annihilated masculinity

He saw black and Asian men talking to white women (Not having sex, not kissing, not anything) and that annoyed him even though he is 50% Asian himself.

He goes after these blond white girls and get's dissed but he would probably snub a black or Asian girl, the same way, those blond white girls snubbed him. (I dunno, that's just a guess I could be wrong on that)

The irony he didn't kill, those white guys, who were probably banging all those white girls he was masturbating off to, no, he killed Asian guys, who were just there to get an education.
(edited 9 years ago)
[QUOTE="namename;47807700"]
Original post by carlisomes
er....who are you to suggest who warrants empathy and who doesn't?

he had Asperger's. QUOTE] I think that they invented it afterwards, to make him more of a victim and less of a psycho. But even if he was, how does it justify what he did? There are many people with Asperges out there, poor, without any teams and Mercedeses, and they don't kill anyone, and they don't require some "team" to manage their lives, especially at 22.

Conditions affect people differently.... this is common knowledge...

It doesn't justify what he did, I never did say that.
Original post by OL1V3R
I have sympathy for Elliot Rodgers only because of the emotional pain he felt, but not because of his act of terror.

Involuntary celibacy causes a lot of emotional pressure, and people with Asperger's syndrome (such as myself) find it incredibly difficult to deal with emotional understanding of other people, let alone feeling lonely. This incident also reinforces the negativity that the idealistic interpretation of the typical "alpha male" or "hot girl", that seems so prevalent in today's society, has introduced. I was also bullied a fair bit in school and that knocked my self-confidence a lot.

Please, reading his posts on the bodybuilding misc shows that he had more than enough of self confidence. A huge ego attached to little nothing comes to mind.
Reply 84
Original post by Kasa
Unfortunately, it wasn't articulated very well, as it did come across a tad homophobic.

Never mind.

I think if you're not the kind of person who tries to find things to be offended by, then you should be able to work it out.
Reply 85
Original post by Comus
In fairness, from what I hear (admittedly this is rather shaky and anecdotal), they refuted his statements and called him out on his racism.

From what I've seen on Misc, his attitudes towards women and masculinity are pretty similar to everyone else's on there.
Original post by a10
A lot of people have simple answers to this and say he could have done this or that but what many people don't realize is people who do such things have been enduring a lot of pain for a long time to the point where they start to justify taking people's lives as revenge. I mean this kid got bullied countlessly at university and the fact he had aspegers probably made him feel even worse than he already was and hence exposed him to high levels of anxiety. It's really unfortunate something like this happened.

It's difficult to say whether or not you would have done this if you were in the exact same position and endured the same pain, everybody has different reactions however deciding to take someone's innocent life was not right indeed.
What about the pain of people whom he killed? Many people are bullied, and they don't have expensive cars and clothes from Neiman Marcus, and they don't kill anyone. Judging by his posts, he didn't feel "worse", he felt that he was better than others, that he was entitled.
Reply 87
Original post by noobynoo
Exactly WHY do you have sympathy for most serial killers? You do know that's the kind of thing a serial killer might say.

The last time I checked, being compassionate was something that made you less likely to kill people.
Original post by noobynoo
A rabid dog has not control over it's actions but I would still have not qualms about shooting it in the head with no sympathy whatsoever.

And? I'm just saying he's not wholly responsible for his conduct...if you want to shoot a dog, it's not as if I must care...
What did he exactly do in his life? Besides driving an expensive car? Did he work? If not, ''For Satan finds some mischief still
For idle hands to do.''
Reply 90
Original post by KingBradly
From what I've seen on Misc, his attitudes towards women and masculinity are pretty similar to everyone else's on there.

Hmm I'm probably mistaken then.
Reply 91
Original post by namename
What did he exactly do in his life? Besides driving an expensive car? Did he work? If not, ''For Satan finds some mischief still
For idle hands to do.''

I don't think that statement is entirely true. I spent a lot of time not working and just living in my room, and I never went too crazy. But then I have a lot interests and read a lot.
I don't think that statement is entirely true. I spent a lot of time not working and just living in my room, and I never went too crazy. But then I have a lot interests and read a lot.
Just out of curiosity: who supported you then? Do you have rich parents?
Reply 93
Just out of curiosity: who supported you then? Do you have rich parents?

No, my parent's are not well off. I spent just under a year living at home with them. I sometimes helped them out with their business. I never had any money, but it wasn't that bad.
No, my parent's are not well off. I spent just under a year living at home with them. I sometimes helped them out with their business. I never had any money, but it wasn't that bad.
Did they say something about it? Like, "when will you get a job/move out, for how long", stuff like this?
Reply 95
Did they say something about it? Like, "when will you get a job/move out, for how long", stuff like this?

No because they knew I would be going to university in September. I was also suffering from some mental problems at the time.
Original post by Red one
I would still know right from wrong regardless of what kind of bad start I had in life.

and how on earth do you know that?
Original post by e aí rapaz
If you feel no sympathy for a sick animal while shooting it in the head, then I would think that you probably have mental/psychopathic problems yourself, to be honest. That's ****ed up.

Fine, well if a rabid dog tries to eat your face. I'll just sit there and feel sorry for it shall I? Guess what I don't cry everytime I eat a KFC either because a chicken died.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending