The Student Room Group

Are white, Western women today the most privileged group of women to ever live?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ihavemooedtoday
Women's lives here become rather sad after 30, because it is socially acceptable for them to pursue their career and do cool stuff if they so choose, instead of being bound to their homes to take care of their children (which is socially acceptable for them to choose to do, too, if they wish, in the west)?

No, not for that reason. I don't have any problem with women working, but I have problem with materialism. It makes people unhappy, at least that's what I felt, because I think I've become a victim of that. Western society is extraordinarily materialistic and superficial.

After the age of 30, many women lose their beauty, men don't want to commit to long term relationship with them because they have younger catch. Many women start worrying about what will happen if they can't get married and don't have children, because it's the women who have a biological clock. In many cases, even if those women have children, they become single mothers, and it's the children who suffer.

Also, many women feel used by men sexually, often feel betrayed by men because sex is "freedom" in the west and men cheat(while in fact, cheating is rather mutual), they feel hurt, they can't also trust men anymore, many even become lesbians(example: Meredith Baxter).

So, all these worries and emotions, leads many to go through depression and unhappy lives.
(edited 9 years ago)
Naturally,

Men will do all the dangerous and difficult work. Women will not bat an eyelid at all of their beneficial gender roles and stereotypes whilst ranting about any perceived disadvantages. ''How dare men earn more than me!'', ''5 years at university to be a Hydrolic engineer with a 5am start every day? hehe, no I think I'd prefer to be a HR girl''

End of the day, most western women want a nonsese, government imposed job on the board of some company or public sector quango. Then they want to be told how pretty yet victimised they are. Oh and some poor oppressor with a penis to clean the drains and invent nice things.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending