The Student Room Group

so much backwardness on TSR

Scroll to see replies

Original post by midnight phoenix
completely agree tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cheers!
Original post by RayApparently
'Uses the internet' and 'Is atheist' are too very wide circles with a very wide cross-section in that particular venn-diagram. Nevertheless, I know what you're talking about.

Non internet atheists = Richard Dawkins and Christopher Hitchens,

Internet atheists = 12 year old boys who are trying to be edgy and wind up sounding more offensive and ridiculous than the religious people
Original post by Algorithm69
Why do you dress like a thug? Why are you throwing gang signs in your pics? Are you a criminal?

Yup, 600 set savage.
Internet atheists? can someone explain please lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by the_lost_boy
Non internet atheists = Richard Dawkins and Christopher Hitchens,

Internet atheists = 12 year old boys who are trying to be edgy and wind up sounding more offensive and ridiculous than the religious people

*nod*
Some people don't understand that the point of atheism is to rise above it all.
Original post by RayApparently
I'm not afraid of god. I stopped believing in the bogeyman when I was 5.

Yet phobia can mean aversion to something.

Posted from TSR Mobile
okay so first I honestly didn't know which subject to put this in bc im new amd I honestly couldn't find one that suited this topic. so forgive me if there is anyone who takes that seriously

So when I first joined TSR I was seeing all these threads where people were extremely ignorant to Islam and other ethnicities and it was kind of shocking

and then I see people who follow islam or who are ethnic minorities making really backward posts like I just saw one where this person is gonna tell this girls parents their daughter is a lesbian which is the be all or end all for muslim families so obviously wouldnt go well which is sickening

and it just made me think how backward some people on here are. Personally, I've been brought up to be open minded and respect everyone and I feel like I do. when it comes to religion im not fussed I dont care if you follow relgion and im also not ignorant enough to belief that Islam is a hateful religion. I am also up for critisim, so if someone disagrees with me I am able to change my mind depending on what I hear which also makes me feel like im open minded as I feel like there is no point debating if you're going to just stick to one view. I also do sometimes believe religion can be taken to seriously but then again each to their own.

sorry I'm starting to feel like this should have been in the religion thread so sorry again

what are your views?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm fairly new on tsr too. I have also noticed the hate islam receives, which is disgusting :mad: People on here say how much they hate Islam, but they never look at themselves and see how disgusting they can be with their comment by pinpointing muslims. Live and let live!
I also just read that post about the 'lesbian muslim'. He just sounds like a troll-if not, then he seriously needs to sort himself out.
Reply 27
Original post by Eradicating
Some atheists are backward and mindless. But I'm not even surprised, they all seem to have a rare form of god phobia.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's ridiculous. I'm an atheist and actively enjoy researching religion. I have nothing against any religions or religious people. I don't argue against religion. I mind my own business. Religion isn't my thing, I don't have god phobia.
I don't understand your ghetto speak.

Six Double-O.. Savage set.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mate, god-phobia sounds like fear. Or perhaps hate. I doubt anyone would argue that the prevalent use of the term 'phobia' is in reference to fear. Especially considering that made sense in the context of the post. 'Aversion' is rather obvious.

The key thing to remember is that the atheists your probably thinking of don't dislike god (why dislike something that doesn't exist), they dislike religious people whom they see as irrational and self-righteous.

*yawn* I'm too tired to talk philosophy tonight lol
Original post by alapa
None, I've already explained In another thread. Homosexuality is not a sin is Islam. Only homosexual sex is.

That's like saying it's okay to be human but not to breathe

Posted from TSR Mobile
as a Muslim myself, I can state that, having read the Qur'an, nowhere does it preach hatred or violence. However, a shocking number of sick-minded people (extremists) have tried to warp the messages of the Qur'an to fit their own desire to do bad things. They simply want to kill and cause violence, and pretend that they are doing it in the 'name of the religion' so that they in their own minds have a justification. No religion would support extremism, and in fact all Muslim leaders have spoken of their disgust at the way a significant minority of people have twisted a peaceful religion. Even in Pakistan, where many terrorists have come from, the Prime Minister condemns these actions and encourages the people to stamp out this sort of behaviour.

Don't let a few appallingly behaved individuals warp your views of a peaceful religion. You wouldn't say that because a few British people are murderers/rapists, that every Briton is a terrible person. The enormous number of kind-hearted people in Islam should be enough to make everyone see that Muslims are not all terrorists or extremists, as so many narrow-minded people think today.

Thank you. :congrats: :ta:
Would you agree your barbaric religion has a PR problem? Or would you instead argue your religion has bad PR because it is barbaric?

Doesn't bother me either way. Don't really think too deep about public relations. People are free to think whatever they want :wink:
So you are open to the possibility that your religion is barbaric?

nope, I am not open to that possibility :wink:
Shame. It is so obvious.

Shame.. if I only I could see it.. aww.
Shame. It is so obvious.

Sad isn't it. They deny the obvious epistemological issues because it threatens their identity, imagine if they said to their family they were no longer Muslim....
So you are open to the possibility that your religion is barbaric?

you just seem to be ignorant and racist. Do you support the BNP????
okay so first I honestly didn't know which subject to put this in bc im new amd I honestly couldn't find one that suited this topic. so forgive me if there is anyone who takes that seriously

So when I first joined TSR I was seeing all these threads where people were extremely ignorant to Islam and other ethnicities and it was kind of shocking

and then I see people who follow islam or who are ethnic minorities making really backward posts like I just saw one where this person is gonna tell this girls parents their daughter is a lesbian which is the be all or end all for muslim families so obviously wouldnt go well which is sickening

and it just made me think how backward some people on here are. Personally, I've been brought up to be open minded and respect everyone and I feel like I do. when it comes to religion im not fussed I dont care if you follow relgion and im also not ignorant enough to belief that Islam is a hateful religion. I am also up for critisim, so if someone disagrees with me I am able to change my mind depending on what I hear which also makes me feel like im open minded as I feel like there is no point debating if you're going to just stick to one view. I also do sometimes believe religion can be taken to seriously but then again each to their own.

sorry I'm starting to feel like this should have been in the religion thread so sorry again

what are your views?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah the TSR is full of nutters
Some atheists are backward and mindless. But I'm not even surprised, they all seem to have a rare form of god phobia.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I doubt they're afraid of something they don't think exists.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Again, how can they be averse to something that doesn't exist.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending