The Student Room Group

Self-teach module, second year double maths?

Hi!
I'm on OCR taking Maths, Further Maths and Physics at A2.
This year I taught myself D2 along with the teacher-taught; C1, C2, FP1, M1, S1, D1; and I really enjoyed it! I was thinking about teaching myself another module this year (A2) as I am concerned that my mechanics modules may not be that strong. I was considering self-teaching S3 (along with FP2, FP3, M2, S2, C3, C4 in class); although, someone I know told me that M3 was a lot easier than M2 so it was worth self teaching. I'm hoping for an A* (haha) in Further Maths so I'm trying reeeaaallly hard to make sure I get 90+UMS in the A2 Modules.
Has anyone self-taught S3, M3, what was your experience?
Can anyone recommend one over the other, or a different module?
Is it worth doing it at all as I already have D2 (which I (think/hope) went well)?
Original post by alexjackson1711
Hi!
This year I taught myself D2 along with the teacher-taught; C1, C2, FP1, M1, S1, D1; and I really enjoyed it! I was thinking about teaching myself another module this year (A2) as I am concerned that my mechanics modules may not be that strong. I was considering self-teaching S3 (along with FP2, FP3, M2, S2, C3, C4 in class); although, someone I know told me that M3 was a lot easier than M2 so it was worth self teaching. I'm hoping for an A* (haha) in Further Maths so I'm trying reeeaaallly hard to make sure I get 90+UMS in the A2 Modules.
Is it worth doing it at all as I already have D2 (which I (think/hope) went well)?

Heya, I'm going to put this in the Maths forum for you as you should get more responses there. :smile:

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=38
Reply 2
Original post by alexjackson1711
Hi!

What are you planning to do in the future?

Tbh, both Stats and Mechanics would be more use than D1 and D2 :smile:

M3 is probably more interesting, although S3 may be slightly easier.
Original post by davros
What are you planning to do in the future?

Tbh, both Stats and Mechanics would be more use than D1 and D2 :smile:

M3 is probably more interesting, although S3 may be slightly easier.

I'm probably going to do a Maths, Maths and Computer Science, or Computer Science degree (hence the Decision modules). Although I do Physics, I don't think mechanics is my stronger subject though I know it is, perhaps, more respected than stats.

Quick Reply

Latest