The Student Room Group

ISIS in Iraq megathread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by Enoxial
ISIS taking women as slaves for Sexual Jihad.
I believe they upload this pic on their networking accounts.

Can I get a link to the post in which they said this? If it's twitter, official Dawlah pages please.

The term 'sexual jihad' was also use against the Mujahideen in Syria and it was shown to be false.
(edited 9 years ago)

This video shows nothing, just a man passing by a damaged car.
And its neither from their 'official' accounts.

Original post by Yes1
Can I get a link to the post in which they said this? If it's twitter, official Dawlah pages please.

Sadly, I don't know any of their official pages, did they not release a statement that they have not taken any women as slaves?

Original post by Yes1
The term 'sexual jihad' was also use against the Mujahideen in Syria and it was shown to be false.

I heard rumours about these aswell, pls link where these rumours were shown to be false?
Original post by TheSweatyNerd
Muslims don't have any more than two functioning brain cells, the rest of the cells have been killed by all the false propaganda and being brainwashed several times.

You obviously havnt reas european history...

Socities go through cycles, the mature and stable countries of today will be the chaoitic civil war countries of tommorow. All empires fall in the end
A video was broadcasted by an Arab friend I have, at first I didn't bother opening the link because I thought it was just another Islamic video... However, I opened the link and saw a video so I opened it. I saw disastrous and disgusting results of terrorism with children crying, bodies lying dead on the floor and babies lying dead with their mothers.

Is this what we call "OK"? I was shocked and disgusted after watching that vile video. I really hope that the terrorists get dealt with by god and by us.

This video should be spread world wide and seen by all. We should pay our respects to the cold bloodily murdered civilians fallen in Iraq.

DISGUSTING!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 184
Original post by Enoxial
This video shows nothing, just a man passing by a damaged car.
And its neither from their 'official' accounts.

Sadly, I don't know any of their official pages, did they not release a statement that they have not taken any women as slaves?

I heard rumours about these aswell, pls link where these rumours were shown to be false?

If the video was uploaded yesterday and reports of the church being set on fire was 2 days ago, it means the church was not set on fire. Like I said, reports were that the car was set on fire and not the church. From a distance, it may have looked like the church was being set on fire but the video seems to address this.

As far as I'm aware they didn't release such a statement. They did however advise Maliki to return back to being the underwear seller he used to be. :biggrin:

As for the rumours regarding 'sexual jihad' in Syria, the following links and numerous others show that no such thing took place.

http://observers.france24.com/content/20131001-sex-jihad-hoax-questions-syria

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/10/01/sex-jihad-almost-certainly-a-hoax/

http://www.buzzfeed.com/sheerafrenkel/the-sex-jihad-that-never-happened

I'm sure you can understand why Sunnis are rebelling against a Shia government. They were being savagely killed and now they've had enough.

One thing that the Mujahideen have said though is that if they enter karbala and najaf, shrines are going to be levelled. :smile:
You say "I really hope that the terrorists get dealt with... by us" but what exactly are we supposed to do? Whenever the west gets involved in the middle east, in just makes things worse. Awful things are happening and whilst I fully support giving them humanitarian aid, this problem has to be solved by the Arabs. The only sustainable Arab society is a society built by its own people.
Original post by Chlorophile
You say "I really hope that the terrorists get dealt with... by us" but what exactly are we supposed to do? Whenever the west gets involved in the middle east, in just makes things worse. Awful things are happening and whilst I fully support giving them humanitarian aid, this problem has to be solved by the Arabs. The only sustainable Arab society is a society built by its own people.

I don't mean that we should go and fight or anything. I just mean that we need to support the peaceful/harmless children and mothers being slaughtered in Iraq.

Showing support is more than enough.
Original post by 0xygen
I don't mean that we should go and fight or anything. I just mean that we need to support the peaceful/harmless children and mothers being slaughtered in Iraq.

Showing support is more than enough.

It's very good that you care about this but let's be honest, writing "I support these people" on the internet isn't really going to help, is it? The best way to help would probably be by donating to the Red Cross or Amnesty.
Reply 188
Original post by imlosingmyhead
'Britain would suffer many casualties'? :lolwut: There are no British troops in Iraq currently.

I was talking about IF British troops are deployed to quell the uprising
Reply 189
Original post by themanwithaplanb
do u think they can take Baghdad

Yes definitely. I have been following this uprising for the last 9 months (via alternative news sources) and unless Maliki's allies provide some serious manpower/airstrikes (i.e. Iran/US) then ISIS will take Baghdad.
Reply 190
Original post by yo radical one
Yes

I am sure the British Army is absolutely terrified of some useful idiots who are the Islamic analogue of a bunch of Rednecks in Alabama, taking up their hunting rifles and marching on Washing, for the new Confederate States of America :dunce:

But hey, if they do win they get the Iranian puppets out of Iraq which has it's upside tbh

Let me give you some perspective, ISIS took £425 million from a Mosul bank in just one day; that is over 10x Al-Qaeda's annual budget in 2001. Moreover, yesterday they became the first jihadi group ever to launch airstrikes (using captured aircraft). As I said, they are much more organised and effective than Al-Qaeda.
Isis moving towards baghdad, iran sending troops to aid iraqi army
(edited 9 years ago)
How did isis manage to do an airstrike, sounds fishy to me
Reply 193
Original post by GPODT
Yes definitely. I have been following this uprising for the last 9 months (via alternative news sources) and unless Maliki's allies provide some serious manpower/airstrikes (i.e. Iran/US) then ISIS will take Baghdad.

The progress they've made, by the will of Allah has been amazing.

From the Anbar deserts where they ambushed the government to Salil al Sawarim 4.

Man power is the only way to avoid losing Baghdad. Airstrikes would be a lot less effective.

Obama also has no idea what to do since it's clearly becoming a sectarian Shia / Sunni war.
Original post by Yes1
They are in Syria...

They've been there since last year and the west has funded 'moderate' groups to fight them.

The Shia soldiers were executed and the Sunnis were pardoned (on the authority of Baghdadi).

There's also been reports of the first ISIS airstrike.

The Isis is made up of mostly arabs right?
Yes, just blame it all on Islam and the Middle Eastern people (as some on this thread say). Instead of empathy felt towards the Iraqis who have suffered from Saddam, then the 2003 invasion (followed by sectarian violence) and now these savages. This isn't merely an issue of race - 'Oh arabs can't even function properly'. This is blatant and disgusting racism. The Middle East is in this mess because of a myriad of geopolitical issues that extend back to the last century.
Original post by GPODT
Let me give you some perspective, ISIS took £425 million from a Mosul bank in just one day; that is over 10x Al-Qaeda's annual budget in 2001. Moreover, yesterday they became the first jihadi group ever to launch airstrikes (using captured aircraft). As I said, they are much more organised and effective than Al-Qaeda.

If Obama had balls they would be demolished, totally.
Original post by yo radical one
If Obama had balls they would be demolished, totally.

The US intervening with military would be one of the worst things they could do
Reply 198
Original post by farrisraza
The Isis is made up of mostly arabs right?

Since they're located in Iraq / Syria then a large proportion would be from those countries, if that's what you're asking.

ISIS are known for having foreign members though so people from all around the world join them.

The most non-Arab population they have are probably Chechen.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by MattBerry96
The US intervening with military would be one of the worst things they could do

How so?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending