The Student Room Group

ISIS in Iraq megathread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Enoxial
ISIS raise flag in Kobani - CNN
Chicago teen was arrested just before escaping to Turkey
www.cnn.com/2014/10/06/us/teen-isis-support-arrest/index.html

its a gonna kick off when the pkk go down isis is gonna reap the whirlwind. though kobane is f'ed.
(edited 9 years ago)
Kurdish activists in London have occupied the capital’s busiest Tube station to protest against what they see as lackluster UK support for Kurdish fighters currently battling against Islamic State (IS/ISIS/ISIL) militants in Iraq. The protesters managed to temporarily shut down Oxford Circus Tube station when activists blocked ticket barriers and the main entry points into the station on Monday.

World watches as Kobane falls...
Hospital taken, flag planted while Turkey profits...
Original post by Ganhad
its a gonna kick off when the pkk go down isis is gonna reap the whirlwind. though kobane is f'ed.

This is one mile from Turkish Border, try and spot the flag

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BzR5WDDIQAAUEDl.jpg
US planes seen flying over Kobane...
Reply 1985
Original post by Enoxial
Who is that in your opinion?

Allah knows best who they are. :smile:

Original post by Ggmu!
I wonder if anyone knows anything about him that he hasn't somehow denied or twisted lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

My stance is pretty clear for anyone who doesn't want to pin me to a group. I'm with whoever wants to establish Islam as long as they try to follow Sharia to the best of their ability.
Terrorists attacks in East, first air strike took place, street fighting have begun, volunteer women blows herself on ISIS, Obama silent.
Reply 1987
Original post by Enoxial
ISIS had launched an offensive on Zumar (In the province of Ninevah) since August 1 and Iraqi Army and Kurdish Fighters have on Saturday managed to clear the town. (With the help of Sunni tribesmen)

It should also be noted that Zumar is about 60 KM from Mosul.

Iraqi Army heading for Sinjar.

Also Iraqi Army has control of Dhuluiya which was an access to water.

source?
Reply 1988
Original post by Stalin
That's probably going to happen.....

It's seeming ever more likely.

If Kobane falls to IS, expect clashes between Turkish troops and the Kurds.
Original post by Reform
source?

See NY Times for Dhuluiya where shias and sunnis together drove away Daesh.
Original post by Reform
Allah knows best who they are. :smile:

I explicitly asked your opinion.

I'm with whoever wants to establish Islam as long as they try to follow Sharia to the best of their ability.

And who is that atm?
No TV in Turkey is covering the incident taking place near their border :facepalm:
Street protests against the Corrupt Turkish Govt with clashes against Police in Turkey
Ahmed Davutoğlu with C Amounpour said he'll do everything to help kurds in Kobani because they are his "Brothers and Sisters"
Is the donkey video legit? Please tell me it's not!!
Turkish PM wants Assad in return to help Kobani Kurds.
Reply 1996
So many clashes.
im surprised how every single person has forgetten about the kurds and they are muslims ive yet to see the same anger as with gaza. why is that does anyone know?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Reform
It's seeming ever more likely.

If Kobane falls to IS, expect clashes between Turkish troops and the Kurds.

There are already clashes - expect **** to get worse.
More than 400 people have been killed in the fighting for the Syrian city of Kobani since mid-September, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said Tuesday.
The group said it has documented the deaths of 219 ISIS jihadists, 163 members of the Kurdish militia, and 20 civilians.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/07/world/meast/isis-airstrikes/index.html
Airstrikes are hitting ISIS.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending