The Student Room Group

Government and Politics

Starting the subject for AS in September... however because I've never taken it before and I'm not sure what to expect really. A level politics students out there, what am I in for? :tongue:
Original post by wrombat
Starting the subject for AS in September... however because I've never taken it before and I'm not sure what to expect really. A level politics students out there, what am I in for? :tongue:

Heya, I'm going to put this in the Government & Politics forum for you as you should get more responses there.:smile:

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=276
Reply 2
Be prepared to realise whether or not you have a genuine interest in the subject. Many do Politics (from what I've seen in my class) just because they need a 3rd subject, and then realise that it's over their head because they don't understand politics.
I really enjoy politics; it's my joint best subject with history. There is a lot of essays involved and a lot of learning, but I found it interesting. Be prepared from some not-so-interesting stuff though, like committees and the judiciary, but overall it's great. :smile:
If you want anymore info, just ask me :smile: I can't tell you about the English board structures cause I'm in Northern Ireland and do CCEA but I know the English boards do the British political system like ccea
Reply 3
Original post by wrombat

Hi
I just finished year 12 and now moving into year 13. I had no previous knowledge of politics before AS and now it's what I want to take at uni so I really recommend the course. Don't worry if you don't know loads because most are in the same boat, you're not expected to know the ins and outs of British politics and imo the course covers most of the basics anyway.
It's difficult in some places like any other A level but it's not horrendously difficult. If you're good at essay based subjects you'll probably do fine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending