The Student Room Group

Not Shaving armpits?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Viva Emptiness

Is this a joke? I can't tell.

Is this real life?

Nope, this is a fantasy. We are caught in a landslide, and we are not going to escape from reality, in this situation. Just open your eyes, look up to the skies and see, they are oblivous to the fact that it is not real.
Original post by Viva Emptiness

Is this a joke? I can't tell.

Is this real life?

I was being sarcastic....
Original post by EatAndRevise
Nope, this is a fantasy. We are caught in a landslide, and we are not going to escape from reality, in this situation. Just open your eyes, look up to the skies and see, they are oblivous to the fact that it is not real.

Reply 83
I agree armpit hair is disgusting both on men and women. If one doesn't wanna shave it, they should display it either. My armpits are only regularly shaved in summer and in other season I don't wear cropped tops.
Reply 84
Original post by kumon
I understand some people do this "to empower them", but really it's just vulgar.
It's vulgar if men and especially women have a huge bush there as well.

You may wash them when showering, but having more hair there makes it a much greater pit for bacteria.
The only thing you are "empowering" is uncleanliness and bacteria.

Filthy people.

I don't bother shaving mine, I keep them under control but the only thing I shave is my face. Plus to be fair some people don't shave their armpits because they are old fashioned - it was only recently that the trend started

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kumon
...having more hair there makes it a much greater pit for bacteria...

Men don't generally appear to suffer the consequences of not shaving their armpits and generally speaking they tend to have more armpit hair than women have (if left unshaved).

It's also the case that humans, like other animals, are covered in bacteria pretty much all the time, no matter how strict a cleaning regime they might have. In short, bacteria on the human body isn't of itself a problem.

Unkind as it may be I can't help laughing at a man whose first concern as to whether or not a woman is attractive to them is whether or not they shave their armpits.

And you know, if it wasn't for armpit hair or other trivia, losers like you would still find something to criticise women for.

I was going to do that! :hmmm:
Women are free not to shave if they'd prefer not to, people are free to like/dislike/respect/be disgusted by that. Ideally, perhaps the social expectation to do so would reduce, but there are social expectation on everyone - like men shaving their faces.
Original post by kumon
I understand some people do this "to empower them", but really it's just vulgar.
It's vulgar if men and especially women have a huge bush there as well.

You may wash them when showering, but having more hair there makes it a much greater pit for bacteria.
The only thing you are "empowering" is uncleanliness and bacteria.

Filthy people.

I don't think that how other people keep their pit-hair is any concern of mine and (barring my girlfriend) I don't think the state of my pit-hair is any concern of anyone else's. That being said, if she started growing small trees under her arms it would take a little getting used to, but I could deal with it because I am an adult and I don't believe that pit-hair carries cooties. As long as she isn't stinking up the car, I'm fine with it.

And now, the weather...
NO! not the weather just yet…. someone should start a pubic hair thread. That's an even greyer area.
Original post by maryamzahid
I really don't understand how this reduces patriarchy. same with 'free-bleeding'.

Do I want to know what this is :afraid:?
Original post by the_lost_boy
I don't think that how other people keep their pit-hair is any concern of mine and (barring my girlfriend) I don't think the state of my pit-hair is any concern of anyone else's. That being said, if she started growing small trees under her arms it would take a little getting used to, but I could deal with it because I am an adult and I don't believe that pit-hair carries cooties. As long as she isn't stinking up the car, I'm fine with it.

Trust me dude, you wouldn't like it. I have a friend. She's really sweet but she doesn't shave her armpits and likes to wear sleeveless shirts in summer. :eek: SOOOO disturbing.
Original post by ILovePancakes
Do I want to know what this is :afraid:?

I said it earlier in the thread what it was, but it apparently is a myth started by some internet feminist freaks. whatever the case, ive seen some pics and its when its you don't wear a pad or tampon and "free-bleed"
I said it earlier in the thread what it was, but it apparently is a myth started by some internet feminist freaks. whatever the case, ive seen some pics and its when its you don't wear a pad or tampon and "free-bleed"

Oh, sorry :tongue:. I didn't read the whole thread. That's disgusting.. so they just bleed into their knickers?? Surely that's a waste of knickers.. or onto the floor. Oh my :afraid:.....
Original post by Pirateprincess
Trust me dude, you wouldn't like it. I have a friend. She's really sweet but she doesn't shave her armpits and likes to wear sleeveless shirts in summer. :eek: SOOOO disturbing.

Armpit hair is natural, so I don't see how it is disturbing. It doesn't do anything for me, but I don't see why it should be a detractor (as long as she is wearing antiperspirant). I've been with a girl who had armpit hair (though she dyed it blue), and though in her case it wasn't 100% natural, that didn't really disturb me either. To each his own, I guess.
Oh, sorry :tongue:. I didn't read the whole thread. That's disgusting.. so they just bleed into their knickers?? Surely that's a waste of knickers.. or onto the floor. Oh my :afraid:.....

if this was real..imagine the stains left on places they sat on.
if this was real..imagine the stains left on places they sat on.

Imagine on the bus or on the tube :eek:.

Am scarred.
Original post by the_lost_boy
Armpit hair is natural, so I don't see how it is disturbing. It doesn't do anything for me, but I don't see why it should be a detractor (as long as she is wearing antiperspirant). I've been with a girl who had armpit hair (though she dyed it blue), and though in her case it wasn't 100% natural, that didn't really disturb me either. To each his own, I guess.

:colone: Blue? Really? That's hilarious. I guess it also depends on the armpit/state of hair/impression of cleanliness/etc.
Imagine on the bus or on the tube :eek:.

Am scarred.

imagine inviting them over for dinner and then being like "MY NEW CREAM SOFAA!"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending