The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Glasgow University 2014 Freshers - Introduce yourself :)

Hey everyone

Hope you all got the results you wanted today. Thought I'd start this thread to see who got accepted and I'll be meeting in September :biggrin:

So excited! Who's studying what? Which halls will you be in?

Scroll to see replies

You should use these new connect pages to find other people who have applied for the same courses as you!

It would also help others to find people for advice and such.
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Original post by L'Evil Fish
You should use these new connect pages to find other people who have applied for the same courses as you!

It would also help others to find people for advice and such.

thanks for this! Although I couldn't find many people on there. Hopefully some will come to this thread though :smile:
Original post by ScarlettMorris
thanks for this! Although I couldn't find many people on there. Hopefully some will come to this thread though :smile:

We're hoping that if we spread the word, eventually there will be many on there! It was only just launched :smile:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
We're hoping that if we spread the word, eventually there will be many on there! It was only just launched :smile:

Yes, was wondering why I hadn't seen it before! That's great then I'll get people over that way when I find flat mates and course mates etc :biggrin:
Original post by ScarlettMorris
Yes, was wondering why I hadn't seen it before! That's great then I'll get people over that way when I find flat mates and course mates etc :biggrin:

Many thanks :woo:
I'm going to study Medicine and will be in Cairncross, yourself? :biggrin:
I'm going to study Earth Science and i stay in Maryhill :smile:
I'll be studying Psychology and staying in Queen Margaret :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Earth Science also, but I'll be living in my house, which is in Dumbarton.
Classical civilisations living at home :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm studying Biochemistry and I'm currently homeless, still looking for a private let flat :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Vitamin D
I'm studying Biochemistry and I'm currently homeless, still looking for a private let flat :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

why not student accommodation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you are willing to live 20 mins by train away from uni, then you can pick up places like this.......not sure what kinda budget you're looking at.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-45355990.html?premiumA=true
Original post by Droghedan
why not student accommodation?

Moving with my boyfriend :smile: plus I've lived in private halls before and think they're all horribly overpriced for what they are. Couldn't do it again on principle.

Original post by Gillybop
If you are willing to live 20 mins by train away from uni, then you can pick up places like this.......not sure what kinda budget you're looking at.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-45355990.html?premiumA=true

Oh that is very nice, the only problem I have with staying further out is paying to travel in 5 days a week. It's certainly something we're considering though, so hard to find a nice flat in the area around the uni for a reasonable price!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Moving with my boyfriend :smile: plus I've lived in private halls before and think they're all horribly overpriced for what they are. Couldn't do it again on principle.

Oh that is very nice, the only problem I have with staying further out is paying to travel in 5 days a week. It's certainly something we're considering though, so hard to find a nice flat in the area around the uni for a reasonable price!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, for the same money you would be sleeping in the street near the uni, ill be going in five days, I'm sure I priced the train pass at around £220-250 per quarter from Dumbarton, which ain't too bad, but there are closer places, Clydebank etc, which although not as nice as dumbarton, is closer to uni.
Reply 16
I'll be at Murano (large flat) and studying physics and astronomy :smile:
Earth Science, staying at home :smile:
Medicine and staying at home (thank goodness there are lots of people doing that too)
Reply 19
Original post by Pippadina
Medicine and staying at home (thank goodness there are lots of people doing that too)

A100?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending