The Student Room Group

AQA A2 CHEM4 & CHEM5 June 2015 [official discussion thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RThornton
I got -363.5?

I got that couldn't remember 100%
Original post by Thomas_Zhou
0.38moldm^3 concentration anyone? Please.

I got 0.072 the only reason was you x10 didn't you to go from 25cm3 to get to 250Cm3 but I thought it meant the original X Fe value and x2 to go from 25cm3 to get to 50cm3 Idk if i was correct and am regretting it now :frown:

Was this for the five mark calculation?I got this too if so.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by p208134
I got 0.072 the only reason was you x10 didn't you to go from 25cm3 to get to 250Cm3 but I thought it meant the original X Fe value and x2 to go from 25cm3 to get to 50cm3 Idk if i was correct and am regretting it now :frown:

I think I times the concentration i calculated and times it by 250cm3 to get the number of moles of Iron Sulfate then used that value and divide by 50cm^3 to find the original concentration of X if that makes any sense
What was the weakest oxidising agent guys?
The 50cm^3 added sulfuric acid for the titration was an irrelevant piece of information, it wasn't needed for the calculation to find the concentration of Fe(III) in X.
Original post by ekk123

Fe(II) iirc
Well that was... Okay

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ekk123

Fe2+
Guys how to do Cr(OH)3(H2O)3 + HCL? I have no idea
Was the indicator colour change colourless to purple? and what did people put for Chromium (iii) hydroxide with HCl?
Original post by Protoxylic
The 50cm^3 added sulfuric acid for the titration was an irrelevant piece of information, it wasn't needed for the calculation to find the concentration of Fe(III) in X.

true that it doest affect, :tongue: but H2SO4 is added to make sure MnO4- form Mn2+, not MnO2 (i think)
Original post by anngreg
Was the indicator colour change colourless to purple? and what did people put for Chromium (iii) hydroxide with HCl?

I put pink ;( and due to excess MnO4-

Why would they include it oh well 12 marks lost than
What do you reckon grade boundaries will be? about 86-87 for an a*?
Original post by RThornton
Fe2+

no, it was F2, unlucky!
Here are my answers for the caculations, i managed to put in my graphic calculator:
250K( for SO2 MP)
(edited 8 years ago)

What concentration did you get?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending