Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

The Official Ask Aston Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JLA123
Hey...
Well im in such a sad situation now i put aston as my firm for biomedical science but i ended up with BCD however the D was in biology and a large chunk of it is going for a remark. I just wanted to know that supposedly the remark comes back and i obtain a C in biology will i get offered a place because i did ring aston up and they said to contact them before 31 August. Please help im feeling awful right now because i really want to go to Aston:sigh::no:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got CCD and I was only two marks off the B for Biology, I feel I'm not getting the info I need, I've applied for priority remarks, have you heard anything?
Aston, if you can give me some advice that would be great!
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 381
i have been offered to do Engineering and Applied Science Foundation Year at Aston university
my main concern is that is it funded by student finance, and also will i still be eligible for student loans and bursaries

thank you
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Laura_N
I got CCD and I was only two marks off the B for Biology, I feel I'm not getting the info I need, I've applied for priority remarks, have you heard anything?
Aston, if you can give me some advice that would be great!

I got a C in Biology and they fortunately let me in I DON'T know how!!
Original post by alyslouise0912
how does that work when I know people who applied in March/April & have had their accommodation offers ever with conditional offers off the uni?

That is very strange, please send an email to [email protected] informing them of your situation.

Josh
Original post by spookz

Can I be cheeky and ask about your other grades and if you had extenuating circumstances?
In regards to those inquiring about accommodation:

All offers and information relating to accommodation goes through [email protected] unfortunately i cannot offer you any information on this platform as applications are processed by a different department, not associated with marketing or the clearing team.

If you've accepted an offer waiting to hear back from us:

Our clearing lines have a lot less traffic right now, actual clearing lines have no wait time, conformation lines have a wait of around 8 minutes, if you want verbal conformation call us on 0121 204 4444 and check that the offer you accepted yesterday has been processed.
Aston was my firm choice and I got accepted but I haven't received any email confirmation?
Original post by spookz
Aston was my firm choice and I got accepted but I haven't received any email confirmation?

Hi, conformation is sent through in batches, the next should be sent out at midday, however if you have nothing after then, the wait times for our conformation line are around 5 minutes. Give us a call and speak to someone 0121 204 4444. :smile:

Josh
Original post by Aston University
Hi, conformation is sent through in batches, the next should be sent out at midday, however if you have nothing after then, the wait times for our conformation line are around 5 minutes. Give us a call and speak to someone 0121 204 4444. :smile:

Josh

Thanks for confirming that!
Original post by spookz

That's mad! But well done :smile:
I put them as my firm choice and everything! I'm getting a remark so hopefully that will increase my chances. When I ring the number for applications everyone is telling me different things!!!
How do I apply for a scholorship/bursary? Am i too late? Do I do this through the uni or through student finance? Do you have a link? Sorry.
Original post by OurFriendLazarus
How do I apply for a scholorship/bursary? Am i too late? Do I do this through the uni or through student finance? Do you have a link? Sorry.

Hi,

We know scholarships can be a confusing subject, you need to view our scholarships page here.

Each scholarships holds a different application process and a different point of contact. Once you discover which you are eligible for, follow the routes associated with that specific scholarship.

Hope that helps.

Josh :smile:
Reply 392
Aston offered me a place for mechanical engineering, the requirement were that I needed 13 distinctions and an overall grade if DDD. I received my grades and got DDD but less than 13 distinctions. I was wondering if I would still be let in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by snasaar
Aston offered me a place for mechanical engineering, the requirement were that I needed 13 distinctions and an overall grade if DDD. I received my grades and got DDD but less than 13 distinctions. I was wondering if I would still be let in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi,

Was this place offered to you through our clearing hotline?

Josh
Reply 394
No it was my firm choice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How do I get my Student ID number? I want to order my bus pass but I need my ID number to do it.
Original post by snasaar
No it was my firm choice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi,

If we are your firm choice, you have been made an offer and then accepted that offer on UCAS, then you're in. Congratulations!

You can fall short of the entry requirements and still be offered a place. I did so myself five years ago. :wink:

Josh
Original post by Moonschool
How do I get my Student ID number? I want to order my bus pass but I need my ID number to do it.

Hi there,

You should receive your student number in your conformation email / letter from us, these should be sent out fairly soon.

Additionally you should be able to get your student ID number via MAP. It will be in the top right hand corner.

If it's any help travel west midlands take about a week to send you a student bus pass through so you'll have one before term starts.

Hope that helps

Josh
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the correct thread but I am trying to sort out accommodation at Aston, is the only way to do this by registering online?
However, when trying to register online it's giving me this message:
"Your personal details have not been validated successfully. Please re-enter your details or contact the Accommodation and Residential Services at [email protected] to inform them of any difficulties, stating your UCAS/Student ID Number and full name."

I received a confirmation email that has the unique student number starting with 15 but this isn't working.

I have also tried to email the above email address but they only send an automated message back. (Fully understand how busy everything is at the moment but I'm really worried about not getting accommodation)

I would really appreciate any help!!

Thanks
Original post by baffledchick
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the correct thread but I am trying to sort out accommodation at Aston, is the only way to do this by registering online?
However, when trying to register online it's giving me this message:
"Your personal details have not been validated successfully. Please re-enter your details or contact the Accommodation and Residential Services at [email protected] to inform them of any difficulties, stating your UCAS/Student ID Number and full name."

I received a confirmation email that has the unique student number starting with 15 but this isn't working.

I have also tried to email the above email address but they only send an automated message back. (Fully understand how busy everything is at the moment but I'm really worried about not getting accommodation)

I would really appreciate any help!!

Thanks

Hi there,

I have replied to you in the pharmacy thread, but just to add on, yes you have everything you need to apply, unfortunately just due to the high level of demand our electronic services are struggling slightly. Just keep trying! :smile:

Josh

Quick Reply

Latest