The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

The Official Ask Aston Thread

Scroll to see replies

Hi I’m currently attending Aston university (doing accounting and finance) and was wondering how long we have access to the lecture materials from Y1? Are they removed before we start back or anything or do we have access to them through the second year too? Thanks.
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Hi I’m currently attending Aston university (doing accounting and finance) and was wondering how long we have access to the lecture materials from Y1? Are they removed before we start back or anything or do we have access to them through the second year too? Thank you
Original post by Aston University
Hi there,

We don’t currently have an ambassador studying psychology but we do have a page where you can chat to current students which I have linked below!

It also has more information about the course and lecturers!

https://www.aston.ac.uk/study/courses/health-psychology-msc-on-campus-

If you have any more general questions about aston or student life in Brum please let us know!!!

- Poppy :smile:

Hi Poppy,

Thank you for your response.

I just wanted to know how Aston university is? Is it a place you recommend studying at? I am looking at an online course currently but not sure how the university is? How was the online learning (because of covid)?

Thank you. ss
Original post by Financeguy101
Hi I’m currently attending Aston university (doing accounting and finance) and was wondering how long we have access to the lecture materials from Y1? Are they removed before we start back or anything or do we have access to them through the second year too? Thank you

Hi there,

In my experience as far as you're a current student and you still have access to blackboard then all courses and modules you're a part of or have ever been a part of remain on your blackboard. I still have access to my first and second-year material on blackboard so that should be the same for you.

*Ethel
Original post by ahmd12345
Hi Poppy,

Thank you for your response.

I just wanted to know how Aston university is? Is it a place you recommend studying at? I am looking at an online course currently but not sure how the university is? How was the online learning (because of covid)?

Thank you. ss

Hi there,

I'm not Poppy but I should be able to answer your questions. Aston University is honestly a lovely place. It is a small university with an intimate campus and all essential facilities within reasonable walking distance. It is also located in close proximity to the Birmingham city centre. The Lecturers and staff are really friendly, helpful and supportive. The student body is also very vibrant and diverse. I have been here for a couple of years and have loved it immensely. I have gotten involved with the student union and made lifelong friends as well.
Online learning was introduced very smoothly and went really well. Lectures were seamlessly delivered online and the staff was able to successfully facilitate student interaction during lectures and other online activities, students with poor internet access were also taken into consideration by their school of study. I personally liked having lectures online as I saved time in the morning that would normally be dedicated to getting ready and commuting.

I hope this has helped and if you have more questions feel free to ask.

*Ethel
Hi there,

In my experience as far as you're a current student and you still have access to blackboard then all courses and modules you're a part of or have ever been a part of remain on your blackboard. I still have access to my first and second-year material on blackboard so that should be the same for you.

*Ethel

Thanks Ethel, saved me a lot of worry
Hi,

Has anyone studied Psychology at Aston? Specifically the Health Psychology MSc?

Thank you,
Hi,

I'm an international student, I got my Bachelor Degree in New Zealand, however, I was not a good student back then. I only got 2.06 GPA, and as I know, UK Universities ask for 2.2-2.6 GPA to apply for Master.

Is the information I got right, and is there any way for me to apply if I don't meet the requirement? I might want to apply for a scholarship too, because my family can't support me, and I can only pay out half of the tuition fee

Does work experience helps? I came back to my home country, Vietnam, in 2019, I worked for KPMG for 2.5 years, and now I'm working for Willis Towers Watson, a British insurance advisor.

Thank you for your help in advance, your advice will help me so much, this bothers me so much because I am very interested in studying in UK.
Is the information still valid? whatsthe-trend.com
I have received an unconditional offer from Aston for jan 2023 and have paid the deposit. I’m yet to issue my cas. However, I’m unable to log into my cas sheild as it says that I have no active intakes. I’ve mailed the cas team at the university a week ago but haven’t received a reply. Could you please help me out?

Hey guys and gals, the purpose of this thread is obviously if you wish to ask the university any questions in particular, I myself have just graduated with my combined honours degree in Psychology and Sociology and have been employed by the university itself to work in the social media department. Thus I should be able to give you insight on a number of things such as courses, accommodation, student life, night-life, societies and any general pointers for those of you whom are about to become Aston students for the next four years.

FYI - If you have questions about accommodation you should forward an email to [email protected]

Don't be shy. :smile:
Josh
Hi, I have recently been accepted by Aston University to study artificial intelligence, my offer conditional my question about presession course when will start? And what about cost? What happen after the course I should take ielts ukvi exam again?
Kind regards
Original post by Anonymous
I have received an unconditional offer from Aston for jan 2023 and have paid the deposit. I’m yet to issue my cas. However, I’m unable to log into my cas sheild as it says that I have no active intakes. I’ve mailed the cas team at the university a week ago but haven’t received a reply. Could you please help me out?

Hello,

Please can you email our international team who will be able to assist you with this issue - [email protected], please bear with our teams as they are dealing with a large number of enquires.
Hello,

Please can you email our international team who will be able to assist you with this issue - [email protected], please bear with our teams as they are dealing with a large number of enquires.

still no answer
Original post by Haya12345
still no answer

no body replay to my emails i sent to Asto international , admission, and postgraduate.
Hello,

Hello,

I've been trying to get in touch with the admissions team at Aston for the past week. No one answers my calls or emails. I want to apply for pharmacy at Aston university through UCAS extra, but the personal statement on my UCAS in not relevant to the course. Is there any way I could send my new Personal Statement? Who do I send it to?

Kind regards,
Sana Khan
Reply 1075
Hello,

When applying for Aston University as a postgraduate student - is there accommodation just for postgraduate students?

Are postgraduate students limited in which accommodation they can apply for?

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest