The Student Room Group

Why is criticising Islam "Racist"?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
There's a guy on another thread who claims that islam forbids him from accepting "student loans" to pay for his tuition... Seriously? I can't even begin to express in words how idiotic that sounds.
Reply 81
Original post by Radicalathiest
As I said you lied I did not call muslims a cancer:rolleyes:

You called Islam a cancer to society so you are calling all that follow it and spread it cancer too. If you say (taking the example of McDonalds from yesterday) McDonalds is based on Nazi principles, you are infering that all people employed at McDonalds are Nazis/ nazi sympathisers. If you're not going to accept my idea, then how do you actually feel about Muslims?
Original post by 08jogon
You called Islam a cancer to society so you are calling all that follow it and spread it cancer too. If you say (taking the example of McDonalds from yesterday) McDonalds is based on Nazi principles, you are infering that all people employed at McDonalds are Nazis/ nazi sympathisers. If you're not going to accept my idea, then how do you actually feel about Muslims?

As I said you lied I did not call muslims a cancer

Best you stick to calling people racist and go running to the mods:biggrin:
Reply 83
Original post by 08jogon
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2807965 if you can't back it up you're discriminating

My opinion was that islam as a religion is barbaric and baseless. Not racist whatsoever.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by vickidc18
Here's the oxford dictionary definition for racism

1The belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races:

Nothing is mentioned about religion, last time I checked Islam is a religion and not a racial identity. Religion is a personal choice, how come all other religions can be criticised, including Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism etc without any repercussions but criticising Islam is apparently racist and you can receive death threats for it.

We are free and democratic country, that means you are free to believe in whatever you like but other people are allowed to debate religion without being called a "racist" or "bigot" taking away debate about religion because of fear of being called a racist is like taking away free speech,
Being a certain race isn't choice it's something you cannot change, religion to most people is free choice so criticism & debate should be encouraged.

Criticising Islam is not racist.

Critcising Judaism however is anti-semetic, and being anti-semetic is bad!!!
Reply 85
On the ISOC thread there's people calling for ex-muslims who put leaflets out to be beheaded with no repercussions of this person, just putting haha and lol as a reply. How the **** is that tolerant & being peaceful.... If people want to call me racist for disagreeing with beheading apostates than so be it I'm a racist.

I didn't ******* say that, you are correct to criticise that parts of Islam that are cruel, you have not insulted anyone in the process. P.s. I bet they're trolls or there are Muslim people disgusted by what this person on the ISOC thread is saying
Reply 86
As I said you lied I did not call muslims a cancer

Best you stick to calling people racist and go running to the mods:biggrin:

Stop avoiding the question! How do you feel about Muslims?
Reply 87
In fact, I'm gonna go as far as saying that the world would be a much safer and peaceful place if the religion "islam" never existed. None of this, "I kill you in the name of Allah" nonsense.
Reply 88
Original post by C-Rooney
My opinion was that islam as a religion is barbaric and baseless. Not racist whatsoever.

I'll believe that if you can back it up with valid points! Otherwise, you have a clear prejudice against a religion/race/whatever so at the very least it's Islamaphobia/racism (I can't tell what you're thinking so I don't know if you're racist or not)
Here's the oxford dictionary definition for racism

1The belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races:

Nothing is mentioned about religion, last time I checked Islam is a religion and not a racial identity. Religion is a personal choice, how come all other religions can be criticised, including Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism etc without any repercussions but criticising Islam is apparently racist and you can receive death threats for it.

We are free and democratic country, that means you are free to believe in whatever you like but other people are allowed to debate religion without being called a "racist" or "bigot" taking away debate about religion because of fear of being called a racist is like taking away free speech,
Being a certain race isn't choice it's something you cannot change, religion to most people is free choice so criticism & debate should be encouraged.

I agree with what you've said but I'd like to add that some people do use the word ,albeit incorrectly ,when people make broad generalisations about Muslims (note I said Muslims not Islam). It is sometimes used when you say something about a group that only has one/some things in common. I've actually heard some red heads use the word in this context. Haha.
Also for some people (not so much on TSR though) the line between race and religion are blurry when insulting people. My Indian (Hindu) friend has been asked about joining the Syrian war. I assume that the guy just saw a brown guy, assumed he was a Muslim and made a stupid comment based on Muslim stereotypes.
Umm I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say. I'm pretty sleepy atm:o:D
Original post by 08jogon
Stop avoiding the question! How do you feel about Muslims?

I'm not, I'm just not going to waste my time with someone who has to lie to try and prove some point
Reply 91
In fact, I'm gonna go as far as saying that the world would be a much safer and peaceful place if the religion "islam" never existed. None of this, "I kill you in the name of Allah" nonsense.

It would just be replaced with another religion and we would go through the exact same process. The only way for the world to be safer is if we completely eradicated hatred (why not start now?)
Reply 92
I'm not, I'm just not going to waste my time with someone who has to lie to try and prove some point

I wasn't lying, hahaha why are you trying to shut this down? :biggrin:
On the ISOC thread there's people calling for ex-muslims who put leaflets out to be beheaded with no repercussions of this person, just putting haha and lol as a reply. How the **** is that tolerant & being peaceful.... If people want to call me racist for disagreeing with beheading apostates than so be it I'm a racist.

If true, that's ONE troll hiding behind a computer screen, who even knows if the person is actually a Muslim. I hope you're not forming your view of 1.6 billion people based on an anonymous troll on an internet forum?
Reply 94
Original post by 08jogon
I'll believe that if you can back it up with valid points! Otherwise, you have a clear prejudice against a religion/race/whatever so at the very least it's Islamaphobia/racism (I can't tell what you're thinking so I don't know if you're racist or not)

Okay... You're Muslim eh? Tell me please, how does it feel that you associate yourself with such distasteful, sadistic, inhumane beliefs? Is it ok to stone people to death? Are Muslims that narrow-minded and racist to marry outwith their cultural beliefs and race? Hypothetically speaking, if your daughter were to have sex before marriage with a Christian, would you condemn her to death? Would it be ok to have her stoned to death by a bunch of barbaric, mindless individuals? Do you agree with punishment as such? The religious beliefs that are set out by Allah plumb the depths of depravity and that is that.
(edited 9 years ago)
Criticising Islam isn't racist in itself.

However, some people who criticise Islam are racist, in that their aversion to it ultimately stems from the fact that, in this part of the world, it is strongly associated with Pakistanis, Bengalis, Somalis, and "foreignness" in general, even if they attempt to pretend otherwise.
Original post by 08jogon
I wasn't lying, hahaha why are you trying to shut this down? :biggrin:

yes you were, you said I called muslims a cancer. This is a lie.
Reply 97
Okay... You're Muslim eh? Tell me please, how does it feel that you associate yourself with such distasteful, sadistic, inhumane beliefs? Is it ok to stone people to death? Are Muslims that narrow-minded and racist to marry outwith their cultural beliefs and race? Hypothetically speaking, if your daughter were to have sex before marriage with a Christian, would you condemn her to death? Would it be ok to have her stoned to death by a bunch of barbaric, mindless individuals? Do you agree with punishment as such? The religious beliefs that is set out by Allah plumb the depths of depravity and that is that.

I'm atheist... oh okay I'm half Italian so I should probably be ashamed of Silvio Berlusconi, I'm in the North so I should be ashamed that Ned Stark beheaded people in Game of Thrones. How many times do I have to say that these are not the views of every Muslim. Earlier, I also talked about how Muslims are supposed to give the most credibility to the most recent scripture, only tranditionalist/extremists take every word seriously so most would not think it is right to stone people to death
Reply 98
yes you were, you said I called muslims a cancer. This is a lie.

You said I was lying in the first few posts yesterday but you're still answering me! You called Islam a cancer, religion has to be spread by people, do you disagree with this?
Reply 99
Original post by 08jogon
I'm atheist... oh okay I'm half Italian so I should probably be ashamed of Silvio Berlusconi, I'm in the North so I should be ashamed that Ned Stark beheaded people in Game of Thrones. How many times do I have to say that these are not the views of every Muslim. Earlier, I also talked about how Muslims are supposed to give the most credibility to the most recent scripture, only tranditionalist/extremists take every word seriously so most would not think it is right to stone people to death

I said that the world would be a safer and much more peaceful place if islam never existed... You asked me to back it up? I did. If islam never existed, Muslim extremists wouldn't be here today...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending