Just finishing transition metals :smile: then were finished

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Boltzmannn
How far are you guys in the spec? :smile:

We finished the week before February half term

Posted from TSR Mobile
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1425748794.130942.jpg

Can anyone help me with this please?
After I calculated moles of Ca(OH)2 I cant see how the mark scheme gets the last line (pink pen). Where did the 40 come from???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 383
Original post by clara16

After I calculated moles of Ca(OH)2 I cant see how the mark scheme gets the last line (pink pen). Where did the 40 come from???

Posted from TSR Mobile

I looked at this at this part for a good 5 minutes. I was so confused. It's 40 because 1000/25 = 40. To the volume of Ca(OH)2 is 25cm^3, and to work out the concentration, you need to divide the moles by the volume hence (moles x 1000)/25 = moles x 40.
Reply 384
Original post by clara16

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wouldn't you do.. (the number of moles × 1000)/25? Because the volume is in cm^3 so you need to arrange the equation. Therefore the 40 comes from the 1000/25 part. Hope this helps!
Reply 385
Everyone finishing the course so early! We're not finishing until the end of may, I'm freaking out already 😦

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by luce'
Everyone finishing the course so early! We're not finishing until the end of may, I'm freaking out already

Posted from TSR Mobile

End of may that's insane, you need to start doing papers 2 months prior or at least finish the course by march.
Original post by games211
really?:confused:

yes! Equilibrium, isomers, alcohols, nmr etc! :smile:
Original post by TCO
I think he means F322 overlaps a fair bit with f324 in terms of carbonyl compounds alcohols etc etc and same mechanisms

I'm a girl! but yes that is what i meant :smile:
Original post by Hayley Williams
yes! Equilibrium, isomers, alcohols, nmr etc! :smile:

nmr comes up in AS? But yh I get what you mean.
p.s What are your stats like?
nmr comes up in AS? But yh I get what you mean.
p.s What are your stats like?

well mass spec! you know what i mean :smile: stats?! I'm new here
well mass spec! you know what i mean :smile: stats?! I'm new here

As grades :smile: Welcome!
As grades :smile: Welcome!

3 A's (chemistry, biology and geography) and a C in maths! I cannot stand maths :smile:
Just finishing the course! What's everyone doing to revise, practice questions wise? I've been spying a-levelchemistry for over a year now, so I have that, but is there anything else people are doing?
3 A's (chemistry, biology and geography) and a C in maths! I cannot stand maths :smile:

Wow! well done :smile: How are you revising for A2? Websites? notes etc? :colondollar:
Wow! well done :smile: How are you revising for A2? Websites? notes etc? :colondollar:

I write my notes up straight away when i come home from college into neat using information from the textbook in combination with my class notes. This my equal me not having much of a social life after college but i think 3A*'s (fingers crossed) is worth it. i then make questions packs for certain topics e.g mechanism exam questions. i find all questions on them put them on one document and print and practise them so no question will be a surprise.
I don't use websites at all, especially for bio/chem they are usually not correct and make you lose marks :smile:
I write my notes up straight away when i come home from college into neat using information from the textbook in combination with my class notes. This my equal me not having much of a social life after college but i think 3A*'s (fingers crossed) is worth it. i then make questions packs for certain topics e.g mechanism exam questions. i find all questions on them put them on one document and print and practise them so no question will be a surprise.
I don't use websites at all, especially for bio/chem they are usually not correct and make you lose marks :smile:

How far back do you go?
Chemguide is good....but a bit too in-depth at times!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 397
Our school puts together past paper packs by topics. So there's exam questions on rates/equilibria in one pack, acid/base/buffers in another etc. If anyone wants to use them for revision I can email them? There's some for F324 too. It helps to do them after you've revised a certain topic to make it easier to know which section you're better/worse at. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cpie21
Our school puts together past paper packs by topics. So there's exam questions on rates/equilibria in one pack, acid/base/buffers in another etc. If anyone wants to use them for revision I can email them? There's some for F324 too. It helps to do them after you've revised a certain topic to make it easier to know which section you're better/worse at. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Please, will pm you my email

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 399
Original post by Mutleybm1996
Please, will pm you my email

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep! I just got your PM :smile: will email it to everyone who's pm'd me tomorrow!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending