The Student Room Group

OCR A2 Chemistry Unit 5, F325 15th June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BP_Tranquility
I got 33/40 in my assessed practicals- what kind of marks do I need to get in my F324/F325 exams to get an A* overall?

*gulp* very high A's!
Around 55 for F324
Around 85-90 for F325

Edit: oops, someone beat me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sneha2096
Guys if anyone has done the OCR past paper for F325 June 2013. There is a mistake in the mark scheme for q 4d (ii) for the moles of HCOOH it should be 0.64 (what my teachers have said).
So don't think it is the end of the world like I did when I did the past paper.

Well they're wrong
It's 0.64-0.4=0.24
I don't have the paper with me but I believe it's because 0.4 moles HCOO- form the HCOONa so you have 0.24 HCOOH left. I can't remember the exact question or reaction but it's something like that

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mutleybm1996
*gulp* very high A's!
Around 55 for F324
Around 85-90 for F325

Edit: oops, someone beat me

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahaha yeah I go there first :wink: it's not impossible, but need very high marks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys if anyone has done the OCR past paper for F325 June 2013. There is a mistake in the mark scheme for q 4d (ii) for the moles of HCOOH it should be 0.64 (what my teachers have said).
So don't think it is the end of the world like I did when I did the past paper.

They're wrong. You have to work the moles present in excess.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Captain Anonymous
They're wrong. You have to work the moles present in excess.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think my answer explains it? Well that's what I thought at the time, could be wrong!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mutleybm1996
Well they're wrong
It's 0.64-0.4=0.24
I don't have the paper with me but I believe it's because 0.4 moles HCOO- form the HCOONa so you have 0.24 HCOOH left. I can't remember the exact question or reaction but it's something like that

Posted from TSR Mobile

why did u minus 0.4?
why did u minus 0.4?

As you have to work out the moles which are present in excess

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Captain Anonymous
As you have to work out the moles which are present in excess

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am sorry if this is annoying but why? It doesn't say we need to find it in excess.
I am sorry if this is annoying but why? It doesn't say we need to find it in excess.

Because the HCOOH reacts with the NaOH to make the conjugate base, HCOO-
The excess is the acid we have left over. We work out the pH from the acid remaining, as Mutley said
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1189
7 14 15 in ISA so total to 36, honestly not pleased at all

retook the 7 one and don't think i did too well :frown:
Original post by Yua
7 14 15 in ISA so total to 36, honestly not pleased at all

retook the 7 one and don't think i did too well :frown:

Could be worse much worse, honestly. That should be an A. I wish I got 38+ too tbh
Reply 1191
Original post by AnnekaChan173
Could be worse much worse, honestly. That should be an A. I wish I got 38+ too tbh

What did you end up getting?
I so wish I knew what I got in my practicals, no matter how hard I ask my college will not tell us our marks!!

To be fair there is nothing I can do about them now but I would still like to know whether I have done enough for an A (last year they told me I had and I clearly hadn't as I got a B in it)

I don't understand why the won't tell us, they it's because they don't won't us worrying about grade boundaries which have yet to be decided but it's really frustrating as I would have liked to have been the one who decided whether I needed to do another one or not, not my teacher!!

Hopefully I got around 36!! I know I got 9 or 10 on the qual out of 10 as he said nobody got below 9 in our class... I can only estimate how I did on the others... I hope around 13/14 out of 15 on the eval and 14/15 out of 15 on the Quan at least!! I'm being hopeful!?!?

Is it just my college that does this?? Does everyone else's release your marks??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Could they ask us about a titration that's not in the textbook?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1194
Original post by Saywhatyoumean

Posted from TSR Mobile

What do you mean
Original post by Yua
What did you end up getting?

37, didn't go up in my last try. 8, 14, 15.

Original post by Saywhatyoumean

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unlikely. We might get chemicals we don't know, but they'd tell us what it's similar to.
(edited 9 years ago)
Has anyone done the NMR evaluative ? what kinds of things should I go over/ revise ? and is it really as hard as people say ?

Thanks in advance !
does anyone know what colour we are actually suppose to know for the transition metals?? As i am struggling to know which one exactly , my teacher gave a whole long list of them but didnt say which ones to learn off by heart. In addition i got my practical assessment tomorrow and i really need help, the qualitative on transition metal. Any help would be great. PM if you would like.
Hi everyone, has anyone done the qualitative task on precipitation reactions and copper (I) or something like that? Thanks :smile:

Because the HCOOH reacts with the NaOH to make the conjugate base, HCOO-
The excess is the acid we have left over. We work out the pH from the acid remaining, as Mutley said

Is this always the case when calculating pH?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending