The Student Room Group

OCR A2 Chemistry Unit 5, F325 15th June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Baloney26
Which questions do you mean? :s

The long calculation questions at the end of most papers where they give info wth various different steps.
To work out CAP UMS score for f322, for June 2014 do I do this?

Difference of A boundary and B boundary x2. Add this onto the A boundary?

So 74-64 = 10 x 2 = 20

74 + 20 = 94?
So, 150/150 is equal to 94 raw marks?

Posted from TSR Mobile
does anyone have any buffer questions worksheets with answers that they can send me. ive pretty much done all the papers now but the buffer questions one time i get right and the next i don't :frown: cant risk to get it wrong on the exam
Original post by Captain Anonymous
To work out CAP UMS score for f322, for June 2014 do I do this?

Difference of A boundary and B boundary x2. Add this onto the A boundary?

So 74-64 = 10 x 2 = 20

74 + 20 = 94?
So, 150/150 is equal to 94 raw marks?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I convert mine to ums by dividing the raw mark a boundary (74) by the ums for an a, 120 giving me a conversion factor lol 0.617 then times this by 150 which gives me 92.5 so round up to 93 but there's only one mark in it
Original post by Baloney26
I convert mine to ums by dividing the raw mark a boundary (74) by the ums for an a, 120 giving me a conversion factor lol 0.617 then times this by 150 which gives me 92.5 so round up to 93 but there's only one mark in it

I guess it works for unit 2 exams although, for unit 1. If the A boundary is 49 or higher you'll need 60+ for full ums. I'll stick with my method, thanks anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
do we have to know ALL the transition metal ion colours?
that paper with the vanadium titration, if you didnt know that V2+ was purple you would have really struggled
i thought we only had to know Co2+, fe2+ and 3+ and Cu2+
For anyone revising for this unit, I'm produced notes for OCR Chemistry F325 and F324 with diagrams/definitions on my revision website: http://revise.im/chemistry. I hope they can be useful to you! :smile:
Original post by Straighthate
do we have to know ALL the transition metal ion colours?
that paper with the vanadium titration, if you didnt know that V2+ was purple you would have really struggled
i thought we only had to know Co2+, fe2+ and 3+ and Cu2+

That's what I thought, not sure. Your best bet is to know the ones they say in the spec

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's what I thought, not sure. Your best bet is to know the ones they say in the spec

Posted from TSR Mobile

the spec doesnt actually mention any colours
Original post by Straighthate
the spec doesnt actually mention any colours

"describe, including ionic equations, the simple precipitation reactions and the accompanying colour changes of Cu2+(aq), Co2+(aq), Fe2+(aq) and Fe3+(aq) with aqueous sodium hydroxide; " at top of page 60 and some more halfway down that page, in the right hand column :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

you only have to know the colour changes mentioned in the specification I've seen the question that you referred to but I think it tells you that V2+ ions are violet so you should already know that manganate ions are purple therefore answering by saying that it would be hard to know the endpoint because the colour changes are similar

So basically , you don't need to know all the transition metal ion colours just the ones in the spec
Original post by TheLegalDealer
you only have to know the colour changes mentioned in the specification I've seen the question that you referred to but I think it tells you that V2+ ions are violet so you should already know that manganate ions are purple therefore answering by saying that it would be hard to know the endpoint because the colour changes are similar

So basically , you don't need to know all the transition metal ion colours just the ones in the spec

Which is what I said...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sat this exam last year - the best advice I can give to anyone is to do ALL the past papers twice, do all the exam questions in the textbook, do all the relevant legacy questions, use a-levelchemistry.co.uk and if you have the calculation in AS/A2 chemistry textbook (holy grail book) then use that!
Reply 1393
Original post by letsbehonest
Sat this exam last year - the best advice I can give to anyone is to do ALL the past papers twice, do all the exam questions in the textbook, do all the relevant legacy questions, use a-levelchemistry.co.uk and if you have the calculation in AS/A2 chemistry textbook (holy grail book) then use that!

what did you end up getting /150

Which topics from that book should i be focusing on.
I've been using it here and there not too much recently.
Original post by Yua
what did you end up getting /150

Can't remember the exact figure but it was 145+, didn't get full UMS
Original post by ThatGuyRik
Which topics from that book should i be focusing on.
I've been using it here and there not too much recently.

I defo remember doing the buffer ones in there, it's been a while now haha
130 ums is around 78/9 in this right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1398
130 ums is around 78/9 in this right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

depends on the paper, it can be 120 UMS or so as ive seen papers with 77 being an A
Reply 1399
Can't remember the exact figure but it was 145+, didn't get full UMS

Did you end up getting the a* then?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending