The Student Room Group

OCR A2 Chemistry Unit 5, F325 15th June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Elcor
Hi people, I've made a list of the F325 A*/A/B grade boundaries for each exam season (including the average). Download this now so you don't have to meticulously check the website after past papers!

P.S: The A* boundary is +/- a mark. They don't release them, but you can make a pretty good guess based on the difference between previous boundaries.
P.P.S: If you want previous boundaries, just subtract the correct number of differences between the grades I've given.
P.P.P.S: I am a human being and therefore liable to mistakes, if you notice any errors let me know (but I was very careful)!

Hey thanks for doing this! Not sure if anyone else told you though but I think you missed off Jan 2013 for EEE :smile:
Thanks again!
Could someone help me, I don't understand how to predict my grade using UMS? Are all 6 units worth 100 UMS or is it different?
I'm panicking now because according to http://umstools.sourceforge.net/demo/www/index.php?p=calculator&target=gce I might have to get full UMS in F324 and F325 to get a B overall?!
Here's my UMS points so far:
F321: 58
F322: 93
F323: 38
For F326 I have no idea what will happen when everything gets moderated but I think the worst case scenario is 38 again.
Original post by vincentjack
Could someone help me, I don't understand how to predict my grade using UMS? Are all 6 units worth 100 UMS or is it different?
I'm panicking now because according to http://umstools.sourceforge.net/demo/www/index.php?p=calculator&target=gce I might have to get full UMS in F324 and F325 to get a B overall?!
Here's my UMS points so far:
F321: 58
F322: 93
F323: 38
For F326 I have no idea what will happen when everything gets moderated but I think the worst case scenario is 38 again.

F321 is90 ums max, F322 is 150 ums max F323 is 60 ums max then same pattern again for 4,5 and 6
Original post by Baloney26
F321 is90 ums max, F322 is 150 ums max F323 is 60 ums max then same pattern again for 4,5 and 6

thanks so much!
Actually they do release A* grade boundaries, if you go to here http://www.ocr.org.uk/ocr-for/exams-officers/results/results-statistics/ and click on the series for the past paper you've just done, like June 2011 say and then click on "A2 units showing 90% conversion points" :smile:
Original post by Baloney26
Hey thanks for doing this! Not sure if anyone else told you though but I think you missed off Jan 2013 for EEE :smile:
Thanks again!

Ah my bad, I thought there wasn't one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just did the june 2011 and it was solid, managed a decent 83% so im pretty happy considering I couldnt even comprehend most of it.
ran out of stuff to do pretty much...
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Natalierm2707
Just did the june 2011 and it was solid, managed a decent 83% so im pretty happy considering I couldnt even comprehend most of it.

how on earth did they get 250 secs for the tangent to the curve on that graph for the initial rate?

i drew a tangent and got 190 secs

edit: nvm i looked at MS
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Straighthate
how on earth did they get 250 secs for the tangent to the curve on that graph for the initial rate?

i drew a tangent and got 190 secs

edit: nvm i looked at MS

I got 280 seconds lol (but I got the number within the range so i got the mark) - best thing to do is draw the tangent all the way down to the axis.

Also make sure your drawing the tangent properly from the initial concentration, allign your ruler with the point where it is at 0.01 on the graph and follow the curve with it to the time axis.

practice makes perfect with these questions.
How did everyone find the June 2014 F324 paper? 46 A, A* boundary 50

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Captain Anonymous
How did everyone find the June 2014 F324 paper? 46 A, A* boundary 50

Posted from TSR Mobile

i got 43
It seemed a lot more applied, I managed 52, but that's less than I normally manage, hope ours isn't harder than this one
Could someone please help me with a proton NMR question?. It's question 4 in the june 2010 paper, i don't quite understand how many adjacent hydrogens the multiplet has.
Original post by Lucy.Parker.
Could someone please help me with a proton NMR question?. It's question 4 in the june 2010 paper, i don't quite understand how many adjacent hydrogens the multiplet has.

Looking at question 4 on june 10 it isnt NMR, are you sure its that question? :smile: more than happy to help!
Original post by HennersPD
Looking at question 4 on june 10 it isnt NMR, are you sure its that question? :smile: more than happy to help!

Hey, thanks for offering to help. Its the F324 OCR A january 2010 paper, sorry. Yep, its question 4
Hey, thanks for offering to help. Its the F324 OCR A january 2010 paper, sorry. Yep, its question 4

here you go, hope it helps :smile:
what are you guys doing for revision now that you have done all the past papers?
Original post by HennersPD
here you go, hope it helps :smile:

It makes sense now, thanks!
It makes sense now, thanks!

No worries!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending