The Student Room Group

FP1?

[Year 13] I currently do A2 Maths but I have picked up AS Further Maths due to it being available to me now.

How hard is FP1 & D1?

I got 95 in C1 and 85 in C2
I'm doing C3 atm and although it can be challenging at times. There's nothing TOO difficult.
I done S1 at AS and got 77 [disappointing, I'm capable of 90+. Was considering a retake but there's no point - 90% Average between C3&C4 would make me need a D on S2 for an A*]

Could someone who has done FP1 and/or D1 before inform me of their difficulty?
For some reason I'm not too worried about M1.. Should I be worried? :dots:

I'll be doing C3, C4, S2, FP1, M1 & D1.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
I'm currently doing AS further maths and FP1 is very manageable at the minute. More interesting concepts but it isn't too difficult.

From what I've done of M2 it isn't too challenging and quite interesting, probably more so than D1 from what I've heard. If you enjoy mechanics you'll probably find it preferable to D1.
Reply 2
Original post by TirnanF
I'm currently doing AS further maths and FP1 is very manageable at the minute. More interesting concepts but it isn't too difficult.

From what I've done of M2 it isn't too challenging and quite interesting, probably more so than D1 from what I've heard. If you enjoy mechanics you'll probably find it preferable to D1.

Are you in year 12?
I heard D-Maths is a nightmare. :afraid:
Reply 3
Yes I am. D maths is supposed to be very tedious but easier than Mechanics and Stats, can't say I'm looking forward to covering it if I decide to.
Reply 5
Original post by edothero
[Year 13] I currently do A2 Maths but I have picked up AS Further Maths due to it being available to me now.

How hard is FP1 & D1?

I got 95 in C1 and 85 in C2
I'm doing C3 atm and although it can be challenging at times. There's nothing TOO difficult.
I done S1 at AS and got 77 [disappointing, I'm capable of 90+. Was considering a retake but there's no point - 90% Average between C3&C4 would make me need a D on S2 for an A*]

Could someone who has done FP1 and/or D1 before inform me of their difficulty?
For some reason I'm not too worried about M1.. Should I be worried? :dots:

I'll be doing C3, C4, S2, FP1, M1 & D1.

FP1 is straightforward - it's introducing new concepts rather than building on any of the A level stuff.

D1 contains very simple mathematics - basically arithmetic and following rules - but is incredibly tedious and doesn't really relate to any of the other A level maths you're doing. Some people say it's easy to pick up marks on it, but because of that the grade boundaries tend to be quite high and you need to pay a lot of attention to detail.

Quick Reply

Latest