The Student Room Group

Ugly people more likely to end up in jail?

Why do people expect criminals to be ugly and get shocked when they see someone that's good-looking go to jail?

Spoiler

Do you think ugly people are more likely to be criminals?

Is it because good looking people are more easily assimilated into society than ugly people are and so they do it for attention?

Is it because they are treated worse and so are more likely to lash out?

EDIT: Basically do we just expect criminals to be unattractive or are unattractive people more likely o commit crime?
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Bump.
I am ugly.

Should I be in prison? ; (

Posted from TSR Mobile
There is no such thing as ugly, dude

Posted from TSR Mobile
relevant link

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/bsl.939/pdf

tl;dr

2 main types of jurors - emotional (looks play a part) and rational (proceed logically)

everyone is capable of using both systems and which one depends on natural predisposition (minor crimes are less likely to be affected by emotional stuff)
if that's the case then someone should have locked me up a long time ago.
Original post by maryamzahid
if that's the case then someone should have locked me up a long time ago.

:frown: don't say that :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
The woman in your OP is not even pretty. She's dead behind the eyes. The guy though. Mmm :drool:
Original post by Marky Mark
The woman in your OP is not even pretty. She's dead behind the eyes. The guy though. Mmm :drool:

Well obviously if you find dudes attractive you aren't going to find the girl attractive :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Yeah dude
Well obviously if you find dudes attractive you aren't going to find the girl attractive :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

My point is she's not pretty or remotely good looking. Her nose is cute though. She looks pretty vacant behind the eyes like I said.
My point is she's not pretty or remotely good looking. Her nose is cute though. She looks pretty vacant behind the eyes like I said.

My opinion is different :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Arithmeticae
relevant link

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/bsl.939/pdf

tl;dr

2 main types of jurors - emotional (looks play a part) and rational (proceed logically)

everyone is capable of using both systems and which one depends on natural predisposition (minor crimes are less likely to be affected by emotional stuff)

So people do expect criminals to be ugly?
If you had to draw a criminal would they be unattractive or scary looking?
:frown: don't say that :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I already said it :frown:
There is no such thing as ugly, dude

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unattractive/not to attractive/whatever you want to call it :colone:

Original post by missfats
I am ugly.

Should I be in prison? ; (

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're not ugly and I'm not saying ugly people should be in prison.
I'm asking whether we just expect criminals to be ugly or whether ugly people are more likely to commit crime...
Original post by maryamzahid
I already said it :frown:

NOOOOO ALPaaaaaACAS AINT UGLYYYYYYY :frown:(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Biryani007
Unattractive/not to attractive/whatever you want to call it :colone:

You're not ugly and I'm not saying ugly people should be in prison.
I'm asking whether we just expect criminals to be ugly or whether ugly people are more likely to commit crime...

But every look is attractive to at least 10 thousand people, as there are 7 billion people on earth, none is truly 'unattractive' dude, so there are no unattractive prisoners

Posted from TSR Mobile
NOOOOO ALPaaaaaACAS AINT UGLYYYYYYY :frown:(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have a small alpaca toy named Sheila and she is beautiful.

VIOLA! Take your pick.

My opinion is different :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

But every look is attractive to at least 10 thousand people, as there are 7 billion people on earth, none is truly 'unattractive' dude, so there are no unattractive prisoners

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where did you get 10,000 from? :lol:
Original post by ChildInDisguise

VIOLA! Take your pick.

Thank you good sir, finally a gentleman who understands, I choose number 1 :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending