The Student Room Group

Homophobic black people

Scroll to see replies

Original post by anosmianAcrimony
You're telling me that each and every one of those thousands of people is lying.

I'm sure many people believed that the Earth was flat but that did not make it flat and I'm sure they truly believed it too.

Original post by RayApparently
If someone put a gun to a black man's head and told him to say he was white, I'm sure he would oblige.

But who would believe him?
Original post by Marky Mark

Black people can't choose to be white but gay people can choose to be straight.

Wrong.

Now show me gay people choosing to be straight?
(edited 9 years ago)

But who would believe him?

That's not the point, the point is that neither can change.

I see what you mean (I think), but your wording was off.
Original post by Dima-Blackburn
Do you know what it's like to be a closet homosexual? How would you feel if you were forced to live a gay life?

I'm not going to diminish the suffering of black people, but to say that gays can simply choose to live heterosexual life, like it's no big deal, is deeply offensive.

I don't know what's it's like however some people do choose to live in the closet and even father children. It's all about making the choice.
I'm a scientist and I appreciate well-documented and supported evidence for any claim, the voice of "thousands" doesn't constitute proof to me. There's no gay gene(s).

It's convenient for gay people to say they were born that way that's why we can't take their word as evidence. It's like asking a bunch of murders and rapists on death row if they are mentally ill knowing full well that pleading insanity may spare them the capital punishment.

If you're a scientist, surely you would've realised by now that biological traits like this often have multiple causes? There's no gay gene, but genetics plays a part. Our sexual orientation is programmed or organised into our brain structures when we are still in the womb. There is no indication that social environment after birth has an effect on gender identity or sexual orientation.

As for your comparison of homosexuals with murderers/rapists, wow. Why in the name of Vishnu would homosexuals not choose heterosexuality in countries where homosexual acts are punishable offences?
Original post by SnoochToTheBooch
Today's black people have not been enslaved. That's dead people's baggage, quit carrying it.

As much as I believe that being gay is NOT a choice and shouldn't be discriminated against, how can you expect some black people to just quit carrying the baggage? Those are their family, my great grandparents. I'm only half black but still get racism, last week a woman randomly called me a mixed raced filth and a biological mutant like wtf.

Anyway homophobia hurts but racism cuts into deep deep roots. Neither should be accepted and no people should be told to just 'get over it'.
Original post by got a question
Wrong.

Now show me gay people choosing to be straight?

You do realize that he had an illness called vitiligo? It's when your skin loses pigment
Original post by buzzybee143
You do realize that he had an illness called vitiligo? It's when your skin loses pigment

Total BS. Did the vitiligo make him adopt white kids and bring white kids to neverland ranch too?
I don't know what's it's like however some people do choose to live in the closet and even father children. It's all about making the choice.

And those people are much more likely to develop suicidal tendencies and other mental illnesses. If you don't know what it's like to suppress your sexual orientation and pretend to enjoy things that you simply do not enjoy, then maybe you should shut up about it?

I'm sure there must have been several black people who enjoyed being slaves, or otherwise did not harbour negative feelings for slave owners. How do you feel when I say that?
If you're a scientist, surely you would've realised by now that biological traits like this often have multiple causes? There's no gay gene, but genetics plays a part. Our sexual orientation is programmed or organised into our brain structures when we are still in the womb. There is no indication that social environment after birth has an effect on gender identity or sexual orientation.

As for your comparison of homosexuals with murderers/rapists, wow. Why in the name of Vishnu would homosexuals not choose heterosexuality in countries where homosexual acts are punishable offences?

I did mention that it's a combination of genetics and the environment in a previous post. However you cannot just say it's genetics you need to identify the genes. Scientists are looking and have not been able to successful in identifying these genes whether they directly or indirectly influence sexuality is entirely irrelevant. You're just hiding behind the lack of evidence to build an emotional case for why gay people don't have a choice in their sexuality. As I said earlier as well I don't discriminate against gay people and I don't care who anyone chooses to copulate with. I'm merely skeptical about the born this way agenda. :rolleyes:

As for the second part of your post I will not dignify it with a response.
(edited 9 years ago)
Total BS. Did the vitiligo make him adopt white kids and bring white kids to neverland ranch too?

He still had the illness how is that BS. He was ill ffs he had plastic surgery addiction as well, just saying/
x

Tell me about black gays during the civil rights movement era?

Hated by whites for being black? yes
Hated by blacks for being gay? yes
Whites don't care about their black suffering which isn't a 'choice'? yes
Blacks don't care about their gay suffering which is a 'choice'? yes

You can come up with a million excuses about homosexuality being a choice but so can White Neo-Nazis come up with excuses about why they hate blacks.

A Neo-nazi doesn't think "Oh black is a colour they're born with, it's not a choice" The neo-Nazi doesn't care! And you talking about "science" for a need to prove the existence of homosexuality is just as laughable as Neo-Nazis and white nationalists using "science" to claim they are the superior race.

And more often than not people are forced to stay in the closet and lead unhappy lives because of why society judges is 'right'. That's not choice.

I'm a scientist and I appreciate well-documented and supported evidence for any claim, the voice of "thousands" doesn't constitute proof to me. There's no gay gene(s).

It's convenient for gay people to say they were born that way that's why we can't take their word as evidence. It's like asking a bunch of murders and rapists on death row if they are mentally ill knowing full well that pleading insanity may spare them the capital punishment.

You aren't gay so you don't know. Gay people can be executed in some countries. What would be the logic of wanting to be gay in a county where you are so oppressed that if people find out about you you can get killed for it? There's none. If you could choose your sexuality that easily, then I'm pretty sure that all the gay people out there would go straight, and by next week homosexuality would be a thing of the past. That won't happen though. And why? Because you can't choose your sexuality. You don't choose who you're attracted to, just as I don't, just as everyone else doesn't.
Tell me about black gays during the civil rights movement era?

Hated by whites for being black? yes
Hated by blacks for being gay? yes
Whites don't care about their black suffering which isn't a 'choice'? yes
Blacks don't care about their gay suffering which is a 'choice'? yes

You can come up with a million excuses about homosexuality being a choice but so can White Neo-Nazis come up with excuses about why they hate blacks.

A Neo-nazi doesn't think "Oh black is a colour they're born with, it's not a choice" The neo-Nazi doesn't care! And you talking about "science" for a need to prove the existence of homosexuality is just as laughable as Neo-Nazis and white nationalists using "science" to claim they are the superior race.

The difference here is that I do NOT dislike gay people. I do not harbour any ill will towards the LGBT community. However I possess a curious mind and I simply refuse to believe that it's a choice at this moment in time because the evidence is inconclusive. I do not believe that straight people are superior to homosexuals.

:smile:
The difference here is that I do NOT dislike gay people. I do not harbour any ill will towards the LGBT community. However I possess a curious mind and I simply refuse to believe that it's a choice at this moment in time because the evidence is inconclusive. I do not believe that straight people are superior to homosexuals.

:smile:

There's no evidence that suggests being black isn't a choice either.
I did mention that it's a combination of genetics and the environment in a previous post.However you cannot just say it's genetics you need to identify the gene. Scientists are looking have not been able to successful identify these genes whether they directly or indirectly influence sexuality is entirely irrelevant. You're just hiding behind the lack of evidence to build an emotional case for why gay people don't have a choice in their sexuality. As I said earlier as well I don't discriminate against gay people and I don't care who anyone chooses to copulate with. I'm merely skeptical about the born this way agenda. :rolleyes:

As for the second part of your post I will not dignify it with a response.

Lolwut? Of course it's relevant. Scientists haven't been able to identify a "gay gene" because it's unlikely to be a single gene. Genetic influence on our lives is not a simple, deterministic thing. In some cases like eye or hair colour there are single, or a small group of, genes that determine a characteristic we will express. In other cases like height or weight or temperament there is a complex interplay between many different gene groups and the environment.

There is no "born this way" agenda"; it's already been established our sexual orientation is established in the womb and once it's fixed, it cannot be changed. I don't care if you don't discriminate. The fact of the matter is that there are others who do discriminate based on reasoning similar to yours. I've heard countless homophobes spout "it's not genetic, therefore homosexuality is a choice waaa someone finally stop the faggots from kissing waaaa".
(edited 9 years ago)
In this day and age i'd rather be black than gay.
Lolwut? Of course it's relevant. Scientists haven't been able to identify a "gay gene" because it's unlikely to be a single gene. Genetic influence on our lives is not a simple, deterministic thing. In some cases like eye or hair color there are single, or a small group of, genes that determine a characteristic we will express. In other cases like height or weight or temperament there is a complex interplay between many different gene groups and the environment.

I'm not sure why you're repeating what I just said in the previous post to you stop being redundant and long winded. And I would also like to argue that temperament is determined by a "complex interplay between many different gene groups and the environment."

There is no "born this way" agenda"; it's already been established our sexual orientation is established in the womb and once it's fixed, it cannot be changed. I don't care if you don't discriminate. The fact of the matter is that there are others who do discriminate based on reasoning similar to yours. I've heard countless homophobes spout "it's not genetic, therefore homosexuality is a choice waaa someone finally stop the faggots from kissing waaaa".

It has?! When????!!!! Link me the study please.
There's no evidence that suggests being black isn't a choice either.

Genes which determine skin tone have been identified unlike the elusive gay genes.
(edited 9 years ago)

Where is the evidence that being black isn't a choice?

I'm a white person and have lived my whole life as such so how can I be sure that you didn't choose to be black at some stage in your life? I have never experienced what being black is like so how could I be sure without evidence?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending